Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783636 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5595 on: October 25, 2013, 10:20:53 pm »

Make a fire underneath, preferrably with slightly moist wood on a day with little or no wind.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: October 26, 2013, 12:09:11 am »

So there I am, driving home from the grocery store with my windows down, listening to some music. Stop at a red light. Look left - cop car. Windows also down.

"ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH" from my speakers. Glance to my right - the car is a mess, and all I bought at the grocery store is 2.5 pounds of microwaveable chicken and half a dozen energy drinks. I haven't shaved in days. Immediately, I fear for what may happen if the officer takes offense and "assumes" I'm high on something.

Fortunately, I continue my streak of good luck with law enforcement, and no beatings ensued.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: October 26, 2013, 05:33:14 am »

So there I am, driving home from the grocery store with my windows down, listening to some music. Stop at a red light. Look left - cop car. Windows also down.

"ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH" from my speakers. Glance to my right - the car is a mess, and all I bought at the grocery store is 2.5 pounds of microwaveable chicken and half a dozen energy drinks. I haven't shaved in days. Immediately, I fear for what may happen if the officer takes offense and "assumes" I'm high on something.

Fortunately, I continue my streak of good luck with law enforcement, and no beatings ensued.

Did you make a Gurren Lagann cd or something to play in your car?

But really, even though it seems that police beatings are all the rage nowadays, the general fear of law enforcement is, I feel, largely misplaced.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: October 26, 2013, 11:10:41 am »

I was joking about the idea of beatings, and it's more likely that I'd be pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving (which would just be a hassle, since I wasn't), but given the number of stereotype boxes I checked, I am pretty sure the officer wouldn't have had any practical problems with or consequences to making my night suck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: October 26, 2013, 11:40:21 am »

*FearfulJesuit summons SalmonGod's flamethrower of death.
Fire won't work. Most of our yard is covered in firewood, and it happens to be hanging over a pile.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: October 26, 2013, 11:41:55 am »

*FearfulJesuit summons SalmonGod's flamethrower of death.
Fire won't work. Most of our yard is covered in firewood, and it happens to be hanging over a pile.
Perfect! The bastards will have no way out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5601 on: October 26, 2013, 12:01:44 pm »

Hmmm... I'll ask Descan to get all lubricated and sugery. Though he might get eaten again...
I misread this for a moment and it made me wonder about the impracticality of lubricating before performing surgery. Then I realized I just typed that sentence out. And now I am confused as to how the notion of lubricated surgeons even came into fruition.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: October 26, 2013, 12:35:28 pm »

Lubricated surgeons, you say? We might need the Chairman...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: October 26, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

Actually, there are a lot of things where that comes in handy. We have packets of sterile lubricant jelly at the hospital for what I understand is exactly this reason, although I'm pretty sure it's got more to do with lubricating the patient (specifically, what's being operated on) and not the surgeon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: October 26, 2013, 04:48:42 pm »

Quick! We need Lubricated Surgeon, Descan!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: October 26, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »

I'm just a Lubricated Student, Damnit! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: October 26, 2013, 05:14:19 pm »

Look, sapping Descan's inherant punniness can only go so far.
The Bay12 postcard club

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: October 26, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »

What we really need are lubricated sturgeons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: October 26, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

Lubricated sturgeon wrestling, anyone?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: October 26, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »

Throwing sturgeons into a lubricated surgeon wrestling match, anyway. Gods only know that's someone's fetish.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 1419