Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781759 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5625 on: October 27, 2013, 11:47:47 am »

Hm, crosspost to happy thread? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: October 27, 2013, 02:24:11 pm »

Just be yourself. Trite and overused phrase, yes, but many people make the mistake that they need to be some idealized version of themselves if they want to be attractive. The lady is attracted* to you, the real you, not the one that "always says the right thing" or some other such bullshit.

There's nothing to know how to do other than act the same you have your whole life.

*well dating is more about finding whether or not you actually are attracted to the other person, but you don't want to give the lady the wrong idea as to who you are, else obvious Bad Things will happen as she'll see through the deceit eventually.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:34 pm »

On that note, recently I've found a lot of trite and overused phrases have levels of deeper meaning that often even the speaker does not realize.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:06 pm »

Look at the ninth word.
The ninth word is "much". The more I think about that word the less I know what it means.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: October 27, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »

On that note, recently I've found a lot of trite and overused phrases have levels of deeper meaning that often even the speaker does not realize.
I recently realized that I use a lot of trite and dumb phrases, or other phrases which started as a joke.
For example, when I'm talking to my friends I say "bro" a lot, but I don't say it seriously. It began saying it as a joke, and it stuck. I also started saying "totezally" a lot, which I randomly started saying in my head, but recently I noticed that it's slipping into my conversation. It's bizarre how things sort of loop from being said seriously, to widely being considered stupid, to being extensively used, but never in a serious sense. I still hear YOLO all the time, but I can't remember the last time I heard it in a serious manner.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: October 27, 2013, 05:23:25 pm »

I recently realized that I use a lot of trite and dumb phrases, or other phrases which started as a joke.
For example, when I'm talking to my friends I say "bro" a lot, but I don't say it seriously. It began saying it as a joke, and it stuck. I also started saying "totezally" a lot, which I randomly started saying in my head, but recently I noticed that it's slipping into my conversation. It's bizarre how things sort of loop from being said seriously, to widely being considered stupid, to being extensively used, but never in a serious sense. I still hear YOLO all the time, but I can't remember the last time I heard it in a serious manner.
A guy I knew answered a question from a English teacher with "Ahem, YOLO". To which the teacher replied "Yes, but could you please say it in a way that I respect you?".
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:37:48 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: October 27, 2013, 05:34:59 pm »

This reminds me of my proudest uni-achievement so far: A nickname I randomly gave to some dude is being used by both my friends and some people I hardly know.
(The guy has a Jesus haircut/beard and helped the prof in the first course with "technical difficulties" (aka: screen resolution) so I referred to him as TechJesus :v

He's a nice dude, but he smells bad so if he doesn't like it he totally deserves it :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: October 27, 2013, 05:36:33 pm »

A guy I knew answered a question from a English teach with "Ahem, YOLO". To which the teacher replied "Yes, but could you please say it in a way that I respect you?".
Carpe Diem! Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: October 27, 2013, 06:14:35 pm »

I keep referring to how much 'sweg' people have, and how 'snepbecks' are the epitome of coolness.
And I can't stop.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: October 27, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »

I am dating a girl now.
Is this the one that invited you over for a sleepover a while back?
Oh ho ho, the plot thickens.
Seriously though, if that is the girl, that was one helluva hint, eh?
Yes, she was actually a bit upset that it was so hard for me to get the hint. I think I'm managing, though.
How DID she manage to make you get the hint?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: October 27, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »

I keep referring to how much 'sweg' people have, and how 'snepbecks' are the epitome of coolness.
And I can't stop.

Are you from the Great Lakes region?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: October 27, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »

"God, you are so dumb." *pulls into a smooch*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: October 27, 2013, 06:45:41 pm »

She must have been attracted to your giant spanner.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: October 27, 2013, 06:48:45 pm »

Check for boom mikes, you may be in a movie.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: October 27, 2013, 06:52:13 pm »

Check for boom mikes, you may be in a movie.
She /did/ say I should watch more romantic movies so I know what to do.

Not sure if good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1419