Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1784588 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6210 on: December 22, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »

Truly, I heard this was going to be the worst winter in years. Doesn't look like it so far.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »

What I've heard is that global warming is causing weather patterns to shift around.  Some places are getting warmer, and others colder.  I read somewhere that the UK is going to get much colder, because the Gulf Stream that has kept it warm for hundreds of years is shifting and weakening.

Here in Indiana, our winters are getting milder overall and pushed back later and later in the year, but speckled with severe ice storms that wreak havoc and then melt over a couple days.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:00:51 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:37 pm »

The seas are substantially more active and in more peculiar manners they are this year~
The winter shall remain mild in most of Europe until the middle of January, at the least. It is the best I can predict for you based on the information I have access to, haha~
okay, haha~
that's very informative of you, hihi~

* Dutchling blushes, wiggles his eyebrows, and only barely manages to click the "post" button.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:03:32 pm by Dutchling »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: December 22, 2013, 05:17:18 pm »

The seas are substantially more active and in more peculiar manners they are this year~
The winter shall remain mild in most of Europe until the middle of January, at the least. It is the best I can predict for you based on the information I have access to, haha~
okay, haha~
that's very informative of you, hihi~

* Dutchling blushes, wiggles his eyebrows, and only barely manages to click the "post" button.

Go home Dutchling, you drunk.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: December 22, 2013, 05:37:46 pm »

What I've heard is that global warming is causing weather patterns to shift around.  Some places are getting warmer, and others colder.  I read somewhere that the UK is going to get much colder, because the Gulf Stream that has kept it warm for hundreds of years is shifting and weakening.

Here in Indiana, our winters are getting milder overall and pushed back later and later in the year, but speckled with severe ice storms that wreak havoc and then melt over a couple days.

Here in Eastern Washington, it's snowing.

We didn't go to the annual Christmas family reunion because my mom considers 3 inches of snow "shitty weather". And I don't blame her at all. Have you seen what Spokane drivers are like when shown snow? They cut their speed to 20%.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: December 22, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »

It doesn't match here at all. Last winter was early, bitterly cold, and long. This one starts late and is pretty pleasant. In the past, it'd been smeared all over the axis.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: December 22, 2013, 06:02:26 pm »

The old timers in Boone are saying that the promised signs of doom are right, and that this shall be the year of Death by Ultra-Blizzard.

But they also said that last year, so I'm skeptical.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: December 22, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »

Here in Eastern Washington, it's snowing.

We didn't go to the annual Christmas family reunion because my mom considers 3 inches of snow "shitty weather". And I don't blame her at all. Have you seen what Spokane drivers are like when shown snow? They cut their speed to 20%.

Confirmed: Everything within view of our property is also covered with white. Even the white horses. And spokane drivers really ARE terrible.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: December 22, 2013, 07:53:31 pm »

Well, they could be worse. They could be NOT slowing down at all, and then yelling at people driving a more safe speed.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: December 22, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »

Massive ice storm last night. Power was cutting in and out a lot. Firefighters came to clear the roads of fallen trees, and trees that didn't get toppled ended up losing a lot of branches anyways. Almost everything is iced over.
Welcome to Skyrim.
Up here we've got the ice storm, too. I don't really mind it, but it bothers me that the power hasn't even gone out even though mum seems to have been preparing for an apocalypse.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: December 22, 2013, 09:51:26 pm »

We had more snow in two weeks then in years. But now it's almost hot. Stupid nature.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: December 22, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

Massive ice storm last night. Power was cutting in and out a lot. Firefighters came to clear the roads of fallen trees, and trees that didn't get toppled ended up losing a lot of branches anyways. Almost everything is iced over.
Welcome to Skyrim.
Up here we've got the ice storm, too. I don't really mind it, but it bothers me that the power hasn't even gone out even though mum seems to have been preparing for an apocalypse.
A few years ago, we had an awful icestorm that coated pretty much everything. We missed a whole week of school.
My parents decided that it wasn't worth sticking it out, and we actually risked driving six hours to our grandparent's house.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: December 23, 2013, 04:46:52 am »

Aaand all that delicious West Idaho snow is melting. I'm scared it's gonna freeze right back up. It's be right nasty out there.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: December 23, 2013, 05:45:32 am »

Said Gulf stream failure has failed to materialize so far though.

And well, most models predict that the cooling won't be enough to overcome the average warming effect.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6224 on: December 24, 2013, 09:15:06 am »

Said Gulf stream failure has failed to materialize so far though.
And well, most models predict that the cooling won't be enough to overcome the average warming effect.
It will for the UK. We don't know enough about climate change to even make accurate models, freaking Artics are growing you know? It's weird. Plus, it's quite funny in that thanks to a 1*C rise some British wineries are creating champagne better than the Frenchies now :P

Also, Bay12 seems to be leaking into the internet again. spooky4lyfe
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1419