Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1776330 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6285 on: January 11, 2014, 12:26:09 am »

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared has a sequel now. Which reminded me I will one day be trapped in a slowly-failing body.

Also the imagery is just plain 'oh god why'

Goddamnit.

I didn't need to sleeeep.

Nooooo.

I'll just write technicolor ponies and hope I forget hehe.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: January 11, 2014, 12:47:45 am »

Wasn't as bad as the first one, actually.  Probably because it made more sense.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: January 11, 2014, 12:49:04 am »

Wasn't as bad as the first one, actually.  Probably because it made more sense.
This one was more gruesome, but the first one was catchier, so, second's not a good but stayed with me longer.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: January 11, 2014, 12:59:03 am »

In a direct and literal sense, I suppose it was more gruesome, but it was also more predictable and coherent.  Five seconds in, you knew most of the points they were going to hit and what types of visuals to expect.  I did, anyway.  With the first one, I found the slow spiral into surreal horror to be completely random and there wasn't any easy way to interpret what the hell you just watched.  So it stayed with me longer because of that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: January 11, 2014, 01:14:14 am »

In a direct and literal sense, I suppose it was more gruesome, but it was also more predictable and coherent.  Five seconds in, you knew most of the points they were going to hit and what types of visuals to expect.  I did, anyway.  With the first one, I found the slow spiral into surreal horror to be completely random and there wasn't any easy way to interpret what the hell you just watched.  So it stayed with me longer because of that.
See, when I can see it coming, it's worse for me, because I have full knowledge of what transpired. When it's all a confusing blur, like in the first, by the time I figure out what happened, it's all over and I'm only slightly bothered and mostly confused (which is a synonym of fascinated in this usage).
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

university applications

ihavenoextracurriculars

asdasdafdasdsadsadasdadada
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:53 pm »

Everyone has extracurricular activities. It just may not be something you want recorded in a filing cabinet or mainframe somewhere.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: January 13, 2014, 03:17:41 pm »

"I fought valiantly against low birthrates!"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: January 13, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »

you want nothing to be put in a filing cabinet, because people who use filing cabinets will put stuff down objectively, better than the "perfect journalist" even. they need raw data over prejudices and slants

everything you say in person you can somehow make positive, like helgo demonstrated (helgo demonstrating that relieves me of writing something like "i've shown by example what will happen when the sexualization of children continues" or something, which is always great)

glhf with actually pulling that off, you need to be so smooth you have a severe problem with everyday life like you can't walk up slopes and shit

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: January 13, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »

Fighting valiantly does not imply success.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: January 13, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »

in my experience if you say you fought, as in you've done so in the past, people will assume the battle has been won. you don't say it's been a successful battle, though. see, your failures are now nonexistent

as long as you don't fuck up and guide them towards believing that you actually lost

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: January 13, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »

See, when I can see it coming, it's worse for me, because I have full knowledge of what transpired. When it's all a confusing blur, like in the first, by the time I figure out what happened, it's all over and I'm only slightly bothered and mostly confused (which is a synonym of fascinated in this usage).
The first was more powerful for me, since I didn't know what to expect. The second is a sequel, I was already familiar with the material, and could expect it to get surreal and unpleasant really fast. That being said, the second was more gruesome. Way more gruesome. Nyeh. Otherwise it seemed weaker than the first, the message was more obvious and the twist at the end could be predicted if the viewer had watched the prequel. Still enjoyed it though.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: January 13, 2014, 11:59:28 pm »

I finally watched the two Don't Hug Me I'm Scared videos and I gotta say, didn't really do anything for me. I mean, it was just a little gross, like the feeling you get when you see a large patch of mold, or when someone didn't flush after dropping a log.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6298 on: January 15, 2014, 12:45:00 am »

I am not currently registered with any schools.

Around half the schools in the country have already started the year.
The school I originally intended to be at is using the Cambridge system, which for some obscure reason produces less university entrance points than the government syllabus, despite being a far better syllabus.
The school I switched to being likely to attend, which is a correspondence school that I would stop just short of murder to attend, is not responding to phone calls or emails.
The nearby relatively high-standard government school is full.
The only school which has so far responded favourably to application is a very high-class private school with high fees, and started the year today.

If I start actually thinking about how terribly this could work out...

Therefore, I will stick to mindless optimism.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: January 15, 2014, 01:40:23 am »

The Network may be the most cynical thing I've ever seen. If you think you're cynical, watch this movie. You may be surprised.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1419