Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1778381 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8175 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

They refound smallpox! Now all we are is one small thriller movie plot away from world pandemic. Preferably perpetrated by a bald man and his pet cat
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »

I don't see why that's news. They store a bunch of those extinct pathogens just in case they ever resurface again and they need to develop a vaccine or somesuch.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: July 08, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »

Hardly anyone is vaccinated against smallpox right now. How long would it take to develop a vaccine and distribute it?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: July 08, 2014, 11:57:34 pm »

approximately two years

distribution is toughest, you can cut it down by a couple months if you focus on urban areas first rural second but good luck not having your shit stormed in this day and age

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: July 09, 2014, 12:18:50 am »

I don't see why that's news. They store a bunch of those extinct pathogens just in case they ever resurface again and they need to develop a vaccine or somesuch.
Yes. They do. In two specific, secure locations, which are checked yearly by the WHO to make sure it's up to snuff.

This third, unknown specimen was in the backroom of some lab in Maryland, sitting around for 50 years without anybody knowing. Who knows where else it might be, if we missed this one for 50 years?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8180 on: July 09, 2014, 03:06:06 am »

Yes. They do. In two specific, secure locations, which are checked yearly by the WHO to make sure it's up to snuff.

This third, unknown specimen was in the backroom of some lab in Maryland, sitting around for 50 years without anybody knowing. Who knows where else it might be, if we missed this one for 50 years?
In my fridge. Probably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: July 09, 2014, 03:21:36 am »

Hardly anyone is vaccinated against smallpox right now. How long would it take to develop a vaccine and distribute it?

According to the CDC, they already stepped up vaccine production after 2001, and as of 2004 they now have enough stockpiled for everyone in the US if needed.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:53 am »

Nearly every Thai person is vaccinated against smallpox.

lol scrubs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8183 on: July 09, 2014, 07:02:09 am »

This is probably a good time to mention all those nukes the USA and USSR lost

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: July 09, 2014, 08:06:59 am »

Nukes don't reproduce.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8185 on: July 09, 2014, 08:08:40 am »

Nukes don't reproduce.

Source?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: July 09, 2014, 08:11:22 am »

Nukes don't reproduce.

Source?

Have you ever seen a nuke reproduce?

Do you know anyone who has seen a nuke reproduce?

If both are false, nukes don't reproduce. If either is true, you and/or the person are a part of the Nuke Conspiracy and thus wrong and bad.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: July 09, 2014, 08:12:14 am »

i have never seen sperm whales reproduce and i dont know anybody that has.
:V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:07 am »

i have never seen sperm whales reproduce and i dont know anybody that has.
:V
Therefore they don't! Whale reproduction is a lie! LOGIC2014!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:00 am »

scrdest confirmed for bielefeld resident
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1419