Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783736 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8370 on: July 15, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't even have to get up from my chair.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 15, 2014, 03:43:08 pm »

* Kevak normally has an assortment of bladed and blunt weapons on his person at all times and on top of that is very skilled with unarmed combat.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 15, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »

In my computer room I have a few hammers. And in another room there's a crowbar. If I could make it to the other side of the house without dying, I could go all Freeman on an attacker. A hammer is fine too, though, and easier to reach.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 15, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »

I just keep half a broken arrow next to my bed, and the other half at my desk. Both have arrowheads in them because I took a spare one out of another broken arrow and shoved it into the shaft.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:57 pm »

I have the whole WoT series on a shelf next to my bed. Trumped. Those things are lethal weapons.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: July 15, 2014, 03:55:01 pm »

I keep my limbs on me at all times.
They have the benefit of being multipurpose.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: July 15, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »

I have a home made boomerang that surprisingly worked, a..eh, what do you call those things that tell angles on surfaces by use of a bubble in glass? Anyway, a big one of those, almost a plank. Em, a plastic windowsill cover that is hibernating in my room until its home is ready for its return, my lamp, two stacks of books on my beside table that rise maybe two books above the height of the lamp, a book case full of books, my wardrobe top covered with the Wheel of Time and assorted other books, the floor half covered in books. Now that I think about it, there are two guns in the attic above my bed, but no entrance there.

Too bad I probably could never use my books as ammunition :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: July 15, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »

It's a crime against literacy to use books as weapons. Unless they are from Twilight series, those should be set on fire and thrown at beliebers.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: July 15, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »

Oh, my sister has the Twilight series.

Yep, I'd have no problem chucking those. All's fine, intruders shall know why they fear the...twilight.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: July 15, 2014, 04:56:01 pm »

I keep my limbs on me at all times.
They have the benefit of being multipurpose.
At all times? Doesn't that weigh you down somewhat?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: July 15, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

I keep a claymore sword beside my bed. And a tower shield. It is somewhat awkward to wield them at the same time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: July 15, 2014, 05:03:35 pm »

Well, damn.

Come the zombie apocalypse, NAV can stay in my anti-zombie bunker :P I'll bring the reading material and the fire fuel. Namely, Twilight.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8382 on: July 15, 2014, 05:07:18 pm »

The funny thing about the Twilight series is that I heard about the series positively first, and negatively much, much later. I had heard the hype about them and brought them with me on holiday where I had very limited access to the internet and so also missed the backlash. This meant I read the first three without seething rage coursing through my veins and did not start the book looking for mistakes, but instead looking for good things.

Good things... Well, Stephanie Meyer at least made the potential for a story. That's good. The main character is essentially blankbread slate and the voodoo shit is at least explained as well as it is in Harry Potter (which isn't really saying much, but it's ok) meaning it could have been ok enough. I think it would have been perfect if it was told as the story of a sociopathic teenage girl's rise to popularity and insidious power as she unlocks her latent ability to destroy the masquerade the Vatican Vampires had spent centuries trying to protect, plunging humanity into the horrors of the parasites living amongst them whilst on a personal level she struggles to find a balance between trying to hold onto all her lovers, torturing all her lovers and keeping control of her lovers. I especially liked the potential Dakota Fanning Ross Redhead vampire bitch had going; making vampire armies! Awesome!
All in all, asides from the lack of a conclusion as satisfying as the end of matrix 3, poor character development and grammar mistakes on every page it's readable, perhaps as a public fanfic reading for a twitch stream charity event.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: July 15, 2014, 05:14:42 pm »

Well, damn.

Come the zombie apocalypse, NAV can stay in my anti-zombie bunker :P I'll bring the reading material and the fire fuel. Namely, Twilight.
Come the zombie apocalypse I hope you'll be wise and join the winning team. Seriously do you know how great it would be for the rest of life on Earth if humans were all to become purely and primarily cannibalistic? If all we did was try and eat each other the environment would be essentally untouched. The only problem would be the inevitable huge amount of corpses once all the zombies starve to death. That much decomposing at once is significant, but probably not compared to the amount of plant matter that dies every year.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8384 on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:51 pm »

Come the zombie apocalypse I hope you'll be wise and join the winning team. Seriously do you know how great it would be for the rest of life on Earth if humans were all to become purely and primarily cannibalistic? If all we did was try and eat each other the environment would be essentally untouched.
Jesus Christ aren't you a Mr. Brightside. "Do you know what's great about the death of human civilization? Them Ruskies and Brazilians'll stop cutting down trees."
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1419