Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783843 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8490 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:28 pm »

Going to start experimenting with custom roms on my phone.  Sort of afraid of bricking it, but I can't help myself...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:24 pm »

So its 4:20 in the morning and im in my bed, on my phone. Suddenly a huge spontaneous need to take a dump rose. I go to the bathroom. I lock the bathroom door thinking someone from my family might wake up and want to go to the bathroom. AS SOON AS I SIT ON THE TOILET, I hear someone violently move the door knob.After everyone woke up, I ask my family if it was them, all of them said no. Afterwards it was much easier to poop.
I am disappointed by the lack of reference to blazing it.

oh here you go you turbonerd

now go be disappointed about not referencing cliches someplace more discordant

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:56 pm »

Going to start experimenting with custom roms on my phone.  Sort of afraid of bricking it, but I can't help myself...
What's your phone model? It's generally pretty unlikely that you'll permanently brick your phone, but some are easier to custom romantic than others.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: July 23, 2014, 12:34:18 am »

What's your phone model? It's generally pretty unlikely that you'll permanently brick your phone, but some are easier to custom romantic than others.

Galaxy Note 3.  It honestly doesn't look too hard.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:19 am »

Holy crudbuckets, the hard mode in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is actually, well, hard.
I died in the freakin' tutorial! Twice! Without doing it on purpose! :o I didn't even realise you could fail the tutorial...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:58 pm »

How are my eyes still intact.
A lightbulb in my room just exploded while i was looking at it and I was almost directly under it.
At first I was just like, oh, that lightbulb just broke. Then two seconds later I realized that could have very easily ended with an eyeball full of glass.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 23, 2014, 02:10:25 pm »

I think the terminator is in my house and is a wasp.
So usually wasps are smart enough to find an open door or window (unlike fruit flies), but this one was flying around against the ceiling and window and stuff. I was trying to eat so got out my electric fly swatter (shaped like a tennis racquet, really good at making things dead by running a current through them. Good stuff.) and went to have a swing at it in midair.
I thought I hit the thing with the rim and it bounced off but I might have hit the mesh given what happened next.
It came to rest on the window to recover from having been slammed across the room, and I trapped it against the blind. As it tried to move it made contact with the charged mesh and I could hear the fizzling of it being fried but the wasp keeps walking. Even as smoke was rising from it it continued walking along.

I stopped there because I was clearly toying with forces far beyond my comprehension.
Still though.
Fucking hell.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:34 pm »

snipwaspzap

One of the houses on my paper route has a bug zapper and I saw a bug get stuck on it once. I'm pretty sure there was a bug-sized fire on that thing for a minute or so.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 23, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »

There's no air freshener in the office bathroom

NO AIR FRESHENER

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 23, 2014, 04:02:48 pm »

There's no air freshener in the office bathroom

NO AIR FRESHENER

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JgNVKTSdxI

Is there a sink? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 23, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »

Just emailed back one of my roommates for my first year/semester/whatever-the-term-is of college. Dude was making the expected "hey, what kind of person are you that I'll be living with" inquiry.

It's been four days that I've been procrastinating on replying because I'm such a socially awkward flake. finally sent a responding email, dude was saying that he preferred to text him, I'm still too incompetent at phone technology to reliably bother with that, and the thought of the potential of a texting conversation going in real time just seems too much like a conversation in real life with a total stranger for me to man up and do it.

anyway, sent an email "describing myself", hopefully this doesn't send a wrong impression or completely screw me over and make him hate me or something. What if it sends the wrong impression though, oh man. Oh god how am I going to live through a year or more of living other people my age who I don't already know and who may be silently judging me or outright hating me and or trying to be my friend oh god. I'm going to have to be in contact with other people regularly. Close contact. I'm going to be living with them. And I don't know them. And I'm going to have to get to know them, but I don't already know them and what if I screw up or be really awkward or--

The social anxiety is real. The terror. The terror.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: July 23, 2014, 11:32:15 pm »

I used to think like that, and then I realized:

Most people don't really give a shit as long as you don't leave dirty laundry in the sink or whatever, that kind of thing? As long as you're a good room-mate in terms of looking after yourself and not snoring/acknowledging you snore if they say something about it, not cultivating a civilization in the molds growing on your dirty plates, etc, they don't really care. If you become friends, you become friends, if you don't, you're just a dude he lived with for a year and it's unimportant. And the people who do care if you're worthy of being their friend and demand you to be their friend are the "social climbers" i.e. cunts, so they don't matter themselves.

People aren't the silent judges standing on high, having figured everything out and thinking you stupid for not. They're extremely likely to be in the same kind of "floundering in a new world" experience you are in, so they're too pre-occupied on how THEY'RE coming off to give a shit for how you are coming off, as long as you don't do something completely outrageously dumb like walk around naked or talk with every other word being a slur.

And since this is going to be your room-mate, as long as he's not a complete cunt, if you come off the bat and say "Hey, I have a bit of social anxiety, so if I make a mistake, no hard feelings?" that should smooth over most issues that come with actually living with a person.

Edit: I still think you took a step back-ward in your name, most people would go FROM a name like "Spehss _" TO "Mr. Space Cat" and call the former a "embarrassing name from when I was 13." Rather than go FROM a fairly awesome and legible/complete name like Mr Space Cat TO a name that, frankly, kind of looks like you made a mistake after writing "Spehss" and didn't catch it before it became permanent.

Not that I think "Spehss" would be much better but at least it's a thing already :V
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:37:06 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 23, 2014, 11:53:51 pm »

Still terrihorrified of the thought of social anything and being silently deemed as inferior by all my peers. I probably have a a bit of inferiority complex, yes. Just a bit.

Well I for one like it. :V The underscore is partly a getaround for stupid Google+'s need for first+last names, and partly because I think it's witty, 'cause the actual name is Space, right, and it's got a space between it and the underscore, and the underscore is also this blank space thing commonly used in place of actual spaces in stuff like usernames or gamertags. So there's three spaces in one name. Ho ho. also it's not as blatantly recognizable but still can be kind distinguishable from any other internet dude with the same name because of the underscore.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 23, 2014, 11:59:51 pm »

... Also what is "sp8s"? Spates? :V

also you smell funny!

and you wear long underwear! D:<

anyway yeah what I wrote? It's a purely intellectual response to an emotional problem, but for me at least, an intellectual mantra of "They don't care" can sometimes help. That, and "This too shall pass." They can help me stuff the overpowering reaction of the emotional response down so that they don't affect how I actually act.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:01:30 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 24, 2014, 12:08:18 am »

Still terrihorrified of the thought of social anything and being silently deemed as inferior by all my peers. I probably have a a bit of inferiority complex, yes. Just a bit.
One note. If there's anyone who is better than you that you're fearing being awkward with and helps you? Those people are the ones you should stick with.

Primarily because even if you're awkward, silent, or basically 'inferior' in any form or manner and people judge you or ostracize you?...That doesn't speak well of those people, in that sense.

But back to matters. What have you to fear if you're awkward? Checking that post back there, it...has a lot of assumptions that may be a probability but isn't what is going to happen. :P

Try a bit of intraspection there :o Most people don't do that 'dohoho you're inferior!' mostly because such a thing is an egoistic thing (also its pretty rude...)
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1419