Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758127 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 02:30:42 pm »

That my dreams were trying to keep me in a dream...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 02:40:08 pm »

This happened just moments ago...

I'm in the process of loading up a replacement computer for one of the guys in maintenance.  Just fired up IE to grab some windows updates.  It's still set to MSN as the default web page.

Headline news today is the whole Wikileaks thing...  More stuff coming out that the US Government doesn't want people to hear about.

Right below that headline is a poll:  Vote: Should WikiLeaks be designated a terrorist group?

Seriously?  Wikileaks?  A terrorist group?

What ever happened to freedom of the press?  What ever happened to real investigative journalism like the kind of stuff that took down McCarthy and exposed Nixon?  Since when is telling the truth a terrorist act?  What the hell happened to the land of the free?

This is just getting ridiculous...

I wonder how long before they're busting down doors and hauling people away for reading seditious material?
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 02:45:16 pm »

It didn't happen today, but yesterday we noticed our fat gray cat had been missing for almost two days. It wouldn't be the first time he's wandered off for a while....but it also wouldn't be the first time he's left healthy and come back half dead.

But luckily right as we were hitting the apex of worrying, he showed up at the backdoor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 02:49:45 pm »

Biggest damn spider I ever saw descended from the ceiling as soon as I entered the house.

After a running battle, I managed to kill the SOB
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »

stuff

That's the knee-jerk reaction of someone who finds the latest Wikileaks shenanigan politically inconvenient.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »

The irony is that half of the documents aren't even marked as classified, let alone secret. None of them are top secret documents.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 05:34:01 pm »

The concept of being alone in the world...
*Hugs*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 05:51:58 pm »

The prospect of going to university in this city, because as it is now i have no other choice.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

The irony is that half of the documents aren't even marked as classified, let alone secret. None of them are top secret documents.
I could have sworn the news article I read mentioned that at least some of the articles were Top Secret.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 09:41:01 am »

stuff

That's the knee-jerk reaction of someone who finds the latest Wikileaks shenanigan politically inconvenient.

Except that my complaint isn't really about the politicians.  I don't expect much of them.  That's why we're supposed to have the whole fourth estate thing going on.  But the fourth estate is in a sorry state these days.  And it's depressing, to say the least.

I could have sworn the news article I read mentioned that at least some of the articles were Top Secret.

These days I wouldn't really trust any news agency to actually do enough real research to determine whether something was Top Secret or not.  They might just be using that term because that's what the important documents are stamped with in spy movies.  Or maybe some governmental spokesperson said they were Top Secret, so that's what was reported, without even bothering to check to see if they actually were.

But...  I wouldn't really be surprised if some of the documents were, in fact, Top Secret.  The US Government classifies things very aggressively these days.  All sorts of things are stamped with Top Secret that don't really make a whole lot of sense.  There are things we're currently calling "state secrets" that have been public knowledge for decades.

And that doesn't even touch on the discussion of whether any of it should actually be secret at all...
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:22 pm »

I failed to study all that stuff that I intended to do. Again.

At least I started :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 08:14:00 pm »

But...  I wouldn't really be surprised if some of the documents were, in fact, Top Secret.  The US Government classifies things very aggressively these days.  All sorts of things are stamped with Top Secret that don't really make a whole lot of sense.  There are things we're currently calling "state secrets" that have been public knowledge for decades.

And that doesn't even touch on the discussion of whether any of it should actually be secret at all...

It's kinda like paper shredders.  If you only put the absolute important essential dangerous documents in the shredder, then a truly devoted criminal CAN put your documents back together.  If you mix in some junk too...well, they won't succeed.  (though I guess it's far from a perfect comparison)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 07:03:01 am »

This gif:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...hope its not against forum rules.

edit. done
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:43:52 am by kulik »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 07:08:22 am »

At least you could have put it behind a spoiler tag D:
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:46 am »

I downloaded and played some of Nehrim, that total-conversion mod for Oblivion. That damn black troll made me piss myself countless times.

Not literally, of course. I was still freaking terrified though, especially when it seemed to come out of nowhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1419