Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781252 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #555 on: January 13, 2012, 05:17:41 pm »

I'm terrified right now! I'm worried I'll catch the wrong train... D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 17, 2012, 12:34:26 am »

This is a question that got asked at work today. "What do I do if chemo was spilled on my face?" To clarify, this is a situation that is officially referred to as a disaster. I'm not exaggerating there, that is literally the category that falls under. So she ended up going to the ER and I'm not sure what happened afterward but I hope she's okay. Pretty much awful luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 17, 2012, 12:36:41 am »

Today I begin the reclamation of my basement. This house has been around for more than a century, and the last time we cleaned the basement was... 15 years ago or so, when we moved in. I have established a clean perimeter within the first 8 feet of the entrance, but that is perhaps five or six percent of what I will have to do. Also, that's the first time I've filled an entire vacuum bag with cobwebs. Looks freaky as hell when you open it up to empty it.  :o
I decided to call it quits after spiders started raining from the ceiling. I think I've pissed them off, and I'm still imagining (I hope) a crawling on my skin.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2012, 12:39:05 am »

Aw, don't worry. They're waiting for you to go to sleep ;)

You'll be fine until then.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 17, 2012, 12:40:40 am »

Lol Cthulu. Western US has a similar climate to the more temperate parts of Australia, and the creatures are fairly similar.
But does it have wombats? No? Didn't think so, those things can be run over by a trailer truck and walk away. The truck is often not as lucky.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 17, 2012, 01:45:11 am »

I meant that Cali has a similar climate. Lol.

Wombats are awesome. One invaded my brother's tent when he was on camp and stole his food.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 17, 2012, 09:04:18 am »

Today I begin the reclamation of my basement. This house has been around for more than a century, and the last time we cleaned the basement was... 15 years ago or so, when we moved in. I have established a clean perimeter within the first 8 feet of the entrance, but that is perhaps five or six percent of what I will have to do. Also, that's the first time I've filled an entire vacuum bag with cobwebs. Looks freaky as hell when you open it up to empty it.  :o
I decided to call it quits after spiders started raining from the ceiling. I think I've pissed them off, and I'm still imagining (I hope) a crawling on my skin.

You have awoken the horror in the basement.  Get out while you still can.

KG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #562 on: January 17, 2012, 02:29:24 pm »

You have awoken the horror in the basement.  Get out while you still can.

KG

Dude, you just struck the HFS. Hidden !FUN! Spiders.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 17, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »

I suggest using fire.

May take out the rest of the house too, but the spiders will be gone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #564 on: January 17, 2012, 04:21:42 pm »

Why kill the spiders? They help more than harm. Plus, they're cannibalistic. You remove the piranhas, you give room for the shark.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 17, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »

Why kill the spiders? They help more than harm. Plus, they're cannibalistic. You remove the piranhas, you give room for the shark.
It's hard to efficiently use a basement when it's covered in opaque sheets of webbing. There is not enough spider cannibalism in the world to live with that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #566 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:35 pm »

It's hard to efficiently use a basement when it's covered in opaque sheets of webbing. There is not enough spider cannibalism in the world to live with that.
Not if you get Hannibal McSpider on the case :P

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 20, 2012, 04:23:19 am »

Posted an image on Facebook of my latest chainmail creation directly from my phone, 'cause I can't be bothered transferring the photo then uploading to img.ie. I check the post on my computer, and have a heart attack because I see I've apparently typed 'aluminum and copper'. Thankfully, it was just the autocorrect on my Phone being set up for the wrong American dictionary.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:23 pm »

proposed legislation like SOPA and PIPA has had me terrified for a week and a half, and that's after taking the maximum dose of my anxiety medication that I usually don't need at all.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #569 on: January 20, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »

proposed legislation like SOPA and PIPA has had me terrified for a week and a half, and that's after taking the maximum dose of my anxiety medication that I usually don't need at all.

SOPA had me laughing in hysteria... Until I realised they were serious.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1419