Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1752617 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5115 on: September 24, 2013, 04:31:48 am »

Was at the local doctor for a checkup (I am slightly overweight.), no obvious health issues were found.
Then he wanted to take a blood sample.. Now, I have been dreading this for ever since the checkup have been scheduled.
I mean, Blood vessels, have you ever thought of how CLOSE they are to the skin?
Just THINKING about anything sharp even getting close to them creeps me out.
I am just relieved that I got that done and probably won't ever have a needle poked through my skin ever again.. Hopefully..

Yeah, our blood vessels are very close to the skin in some areas - good thing we have fairly tough skin, and our cell walls are strong too

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: September 24, 2013, 11:29:10 am »

Man, I hate to tell you this, but we don't even have cell walls. Just itty bitty membranes. On the upside, we do have an awful lot of structural proteins that do the job just fine. Yay, collagen! Hooray, keratin!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: September 24, 2013, 02:36:05 pm »

Yup. Unless you're a plant... in which case, I guess you don't have blood vessels to protect.

Earlier today, I was paying dues for a club in school. I knew the girl who was taking up the money, and so she grabbed my hand instead of just the money. The whole time she was looking for change for my $20 she was holding my hand down towards her ass. Then, when she needed to use both hands, she squeezed my wrist between her arm and her side.

I was really scared I was accidentally going to make contact and get yelled at or something.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: September 24, 2013, 04:06:41 pm »

Earlier today, I was paying dues for a club in school. I knew the girl who was taking up the money, and so she grabbed my hand instead of just the money. The whole time she was looking for change for my $20 she was holding my hand down towards her ass. Then, when she needed to use both hands, she squeezed my wrist between her arm and her side.

I was really scared I was accidentally going to make contact and get yelled at or something.
That sounds incredibly unusual.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: September 24, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »

Could she have been doing that, you know, on purpose?
(I've heard vile rumours that females possess desires of a particular kind much like us men do. Desinformation spread by suffragettes, no doubt, but this seems to fit with that absurd hypothesis, does it not?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: September 24, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »

(I've heard vile rumours that females possess desires of a particular kind much like us men do. Desinformation spread by suffragettes, no doubt, but this seems to fit with that absurd hypothesis, does it not?)
It would be an unusual way to go about it if so.
If anything she's probably just one of those people who think that physical contact is totally normal and not weird and awkward like it really is.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:26:07 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: September 24, 2013, 06:25:05 pm »

If anything she's probably just one of those people who think that physical contact is totally normal and not weird and awkward like it really it.
Those are truly the worst kind of people.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: September 24, 2013, 07:50:13 pm »

If anything she's probably just one of those people who think that physical contact is totally normal and not weird and awkward like it really is.
She's... uh... I dunno how to put it politely. It's a little odd we're friends, really, because I'm "a boy scout" and she... isn't. We're pretty good friends though, she's just... fun? Does that work? I think that works.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: September 24, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »

If anything she's probably just one of those people who think that physical contact is totally normal and not weird and awkward like it really it.
Those are truly the worst kind of people.
Fuckin' people being comfortable with touching each other nonsexually.
Of course I don't count since I'm not a person, but whatever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: September 24, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

I'd be totally comfortable with you touching me with your writhing non-euclidean tentacles from beyond the stars.

Platonically, of course.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: September 24, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »

Yup. Unless you're a plant... in which case, I guess you don't have blood vessels to protect.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: September 24, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

She definitely wants your D.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

And I want this in my sig.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5128 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:10 pm »

She's... uh... I dunno how to put it politely. It's a little odd we're friends, really, because I'm "a boy scout" and she... isn't. We're pretty good friends though, she's just... fun? Does that work? I think that works.
So she's a "bad girl" eh? In that case, she's probably just doing it to tease you. It might also be she wants you and is trying to send a message, but if that were the case, then going off what I have intuited from your statements, she'd probably just ask you straight up. I don't actually know either of you though, so I could easily be mistaken.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: September 24, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »

So she's a "bad girl" eh? In that case, she's probably just doing it to tease you. It might also be she wants you and is trying to send a message, but if that were the case, then going off what I have intuited from your statements, she'd probably just ask you straight up. I don't actually know either of you though, so I could easily be mistaken.
GO FOR IT. GIVE HER THE D.
Oh god I am so sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1419