Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1778565 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6435 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

Oh he's an artist, that one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: February 05, 2014, 12:01:22 am »

Nope.

That was a kinda fun read. I must admit I found the bit with the kid rather grim though. Poor kid.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: February 05, 2014, 05:38:01 am »

Dear god, I love the SCP foundation.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »

I didn't like that it was just a creepypasta story. They need to be in the SCP format. Otherwise you end up with:

Oh man here is a bug and it's really creepy and it smells bad and when you step on it you turn into the bug and the bug turns back into a person and you start smelling bad. ooOOooO!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »

Oh man here is a bug and it's really creepy and it smells bad and when you step on it you turn into the bug and the bug turns back into a person and you start smelling bad. ooOOooO!
Sig'd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:14 am »

I didn't like that it was just a creepypasta story. They need to be in the SCP format.
Here you go.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: February 06, 2014, 08:55:48 am »

Sig'd.

That's like the plot of Goosebumps books. Oh no, I've turned into a bee. Oh no, I'm now 30 metres tall. Oh no, a ventriloquist dummy is talking to me.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: February 06, 2014, 11:11:12 am »

Sig'd.

That's like the plot of Goosebumps books. Oh no, I've turned into a bee. Oh no, I'm now 30 metres tall. Oh no, a ventriloquist dummy is talking to me.
OH NO MY GRANDMA IS AN ALIEN AND HER FLOWERS ARE CARNIVOROUS!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: February 06, 2014, 11:54:52 am »

Sig'd.

Speak of the devil, me and my mate were just taking the mic out of those a few days back on a nostalgia trip.

"So next time you're later for dinner, spare a thought for Declan. Because YOU may be a ghost TOO.!"
"And then a skeleton jumped out."

In fairness, R. L. Stine did a decent job of making things which were patently absurd slightly less unbelievable (especially to kids.)

Also, about 95% of his books contained twist endings, which ranged from terrible to pretty good (I remember the one about the invisible kid eventually turning visible and everyone thought he looked like a freak BECAUSE HE WAS A HUMAN was pretty cool.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:59:17 am by Korbac »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:03 pm »

I only ever remember one about a camera that did something unusual, but I don't remember what.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: February 06, 2014, 07:42:33 pm »

I only ever remember one about a camera that did something unusual, but I don't remember what.
Predicted/caused unfortunate circumstances. Only one I really remember from 4th/5th grade, aside from that monster theme park with the pinching.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: February 06, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »

Say Cheese and Die! was one of the few that I actually read. That too was pretty good. I bet if I read it back now though it would be pretty cheesy.

Actually, you know what? I'm going to go to the library on Saturday. See if they've got any.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

Say Cheese and Die! was one of the few that I actually read. That too was pretty good. I bet if I read it back now though it would be pretty cheesy.

Actually, you know what? I'm going to go to the library on Saturday. See if they've got any.
I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I probably have two or three books laying around somewhere, one of them probably being Say Cheese and Die.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »

I remember that there was a choose your own adventure style Goosebumps, and to win you just did the most ridiculous option available.
Even when I was young, I thought that most of the Goosebumps books I read were pretty cheesy.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: February 06, 2014, 09:57:17 pm »

I've got about 28 of them on a shelf, about 5 are those Choose Your Own Adventure ones. Those were fun because they sometimes involved the main character becoming a monster.

Oh for sure they're cheesy now. Tending to use the reasoning "it's bad because it's bad".

Here's a blog someone did reading through the series with an older eye. Points out a lot of that "bad because" reasoning. Also the point that one book, about a giant blob, spends most of the book describing how much the main characters life sucks. :P

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1419