Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1782741 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8385 on: July 15, 2014, 05:23:09 pm »

-snip-
I too read the series without knowing they were unpopular, mainly because they were in my sister's room and I saw they were about vampires.

They were not terrible. I didn't exactly like them, but at the time I had nothing else to read. But I'd never read them again, and they're sort of ruining the vampire genre. All in all, it was mediocre at best, and the hype totally unfounded.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8386 on: July 15, 2014, 05:40:31 pm »

I would actually say they're bad books. They have potential, but they're bad. They deserve their reputation. If you read the books with bushy-minded optimism and are an alcoholic with a fetish for being a teenage girl with chestburster babies then you can probably glean over its flaws. But once you notice the flaws, they are so obvious; like rough shards of fibreglass that get caught in your skin as you try to rub your face through its pages.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: July 15, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »

Well, I'm never reading 'em again, so I'll never rub my face through the glass to know. And I usually reread books, so it says something that I wouldn't reread it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: July 15, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »

I keep a sword under my bed, which I carry on my nightly house patrols (scheduled and unscheduled).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: July 15, 2014, 07:20:47 pm »

NAV, LW, and Sirus are all now welcome in my Hyper Power Low-lying Omega Very Elder-gods' Craziness Resistant Armory for The-end-of-the-world bunker (H.P.L.O.V.E.C.R.A.F.T. bunker). Not you though, Graknorke. Your redead ashes will be put on a pedestal with LW's signature engraved on it.

Also, fiberglass is painful, and something I have personal experience with. One time, I wore a full-body snowsuit outside in the winter, and when I got inside, I was insanely itchy all over. I then learned that my father had been wearing it while messing with insulation, leading to the entire inside being covered with fiberglass.

The discomfort didn't subside for days. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8390 on: July 15, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »

I actually tried to read one of the Twilight books. Mostly because some girl in my class was pissed off at me saying about it being an example of how not to write. I also tried to read the first Harry Potter book, but I gave up after about twenty minutes.
Long story short, I think both series are garbage. Harry Potter at least had the advantage of a writer who understood basic storytelling and English grammar.

Hyper Power Low-lying Omega Very Elder-gods' Craziness Resistant Armory for The-end-of-the-world bunker (H.P.L.O.V.E.C.R.A.F.T. bunker).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: July 15, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »

In my humble opinion, J. K. Rowling got better at writing. I wasn't as fond of the first three books as I was of the rest of the series. Although I will admit the series is sort of overrated.

Hyper Power Low-lying Omega Very Elder-gods' Craziness Resistant Armory for The-end-of-the-world bunker (H.P.L.O.V.E.C.R.A.F.T. bunker).

Now I'm tempted to make a sigtext thingy just to sig that... Best acronym ever[Well, top 10].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: July 15, 2014, 07:53:51 pm »

I think that RinkWorks' Book-A-Minute review of Twilight is all I ever need of it.

I read (past tense) the Harry Potter books, but in hindsight the books weren't as awesome as I'd the first time. Series was overrated, definitely.

Personally, I think the second one was the best, but that's just me. The cheap-ass ending where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
was probably the worst part of the series.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In my humble opinion, J. K. Rowling got better at writing. I wasn't as fond of the first three books as I was of the rest of the series. Although I will admit the series is sort of overrated.

Now I'm tempted to make a sigtext thingy just to sig that... Best acronym ever[Well, top 10].

Go ahead.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: July 15, 2014, 08:21:28 pm »

I have a drawer in which I keep my pocketknife, matches, and BB pellets for my airsoft gun.
Besides that... I can wield sticks and tubes pretty well, and I can be deadly with stones.
You know, for some reason I read "sticks and tubes" as tube socks when I first read this.
Which made me very confused.
I sleep with my axe.
Take a closer look at this text!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8394 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »

I have yet to acquire a real axe.
I would ask it for my birthday, but that would start a lot of problems.
"Why do you want an axe, anyway?"
"So I can sleep with it."
"..."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: July 15, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Although real warriors need not use weapons, I do have an airsoft rifle in my closet which I could probably use with some creativity, as well as whatever huge knives I can grt from the kitchen. Not really any weapons, though I will probably purchase a blade by the time I'm old enough to have my own place. Until then, it's improvised weapons and hitting people's heads off the ground. :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: July 15, 2014, 09:11:49 pm »

* IronTomato is invited to the H.P.L.O.V.E.C.R.A.F.T. shelter

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: July 15, 2014, 09:15:40 pm »

I don't keep weapon because I'm a wimp and I can't fight anyways.
I basically got through primary school by being buddies with the bullies.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: July 15, 2014, 09:19:36 pm »

He gets invited for having an airsoft rifle and kitchen knives and I don't for using broken arrows? :P

I have a quality compound bow in my basement, if that counts for anything.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: July 15, 2014, 09:23:25 pm »

He gets invited for having an airsoft rifle and kitchen knives and I don't for using broken arrows? :P

I have a quality compound bow in my basement, if that counts for anything.
* Worldmaster27 is invited to the H.P.L.O.V.E.C.R.A.F.T. shelter when he gets at least one unbroken arrow
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1419