Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758605 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8715 on: August 05, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »

So has anyone else ever thought back to a thing they did and thought nothing about then realised it might come back to massively mess them up later?
Because that is what happened to me just now.

There is no such thing as a white lie.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: August 05, 2014, 07:40:00 pm »

So has anyone else ever thought back to a thing they did and thought nothing about then realised it might come back to massively mess them up later?
Because that is what happened to me just now.

There is no such thing as a white lie.
On occasion. I then realise that they won't fuck me up massively. At least, not with lasting effects. (aside from being cripplingly embarrassing)

Why, what did you do?
Lied to my school.
Just a bit, but enough that it'll probably end up causing me some amount of embarrassment.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: August 05, 2014, 09:34:43 pm »

I was gonna post this in the Do You Like Anime thread, but I think it belongs here.

I just watched the first episode of an anime my nephew mentioned to me called Elfen Lied.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy crap, if you want to watch it, go ahead, but keep in mind that it's also NSFW.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: August 05, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »

*gasp*
IRONTOMATO HAS NEPHEW!
YEAP

My father had his first two kids many years ago, a long enough time ago that they live on their own and have their own kiddies. Then, for resons unbeknownst to me, there was a divorce, and he met my mother and got married.

He was sterile at the time, but thanks to medicinal shit, two more babbies formed, me and my brother. Since I had a half sister with a son my age, he is my friend and my nephew. That's not weird, right?

But yeah. That's why I have a non-blood-relative nephew who is the same age as me.

I don't know why I'm saying this. I just like telling stories.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: August 05, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »

I was gonna post this in the Do You Like Anime thread, but I think it belongs here.

I just watched the first episode of an anime my nephew mentioned to me called Elfen Lied.

Holy crap, if you want to watch it, go ahead, but keep in mind that it's also NSFW.
* Tawarochir examines Iron's age
* Tawarochir contemplates anime's NSFW qualities
what is wrong with your nephew's parents

also sigging the underlined line
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: August 05, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »

*gasp*
IRONTOMATO HAS NEPHEW!
YEAP

My father had his first two kids many years ago, a long enough time ago that they live on their own and have their own kiddies. Then, for resons unbeknownst to me, there was a divorce, and he met my mother and got married.

He was sterile at the time, but thanks to medicinal shit, two more babbies formed, me and my brother. Since I had a half sister with a son my age, he is my friend and my nephew. That's not weird, right?

But yeah. That's why I have a non-blood-relative nephew who is the same age as me.

I don't know why I'm saying this. I just like telling stories.
I have two nieces. I became an uncle when I was...I think it was eight? Maybe ten? By that logic now the oldest niece would be ten but I don't think she's that old. Man, now I feel old because I'm all like "wow, these little kids I knew are getting old so fast" and stuff.

Anyway, yeah, my older brother, technically my step-brother I guess, is 40 now, my parents had me in their...late 40s, I think. They're both in their 60s now, and I'm 18. So yeah. Bit of an age gap. You can imagine my distaste when I heard people my age in my high school bitching about their parents in their 30s and 40s and calling them "old". Filthy casuals.

moral of the story, you're not the only one with weird family age stuff. I don't know why I'm saying this either, I don't even like telling stories.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: August 05, 2014, 11:33:12 pm »

Are we discussing weird family ages? I'm in the same boat as Tomato, here. :P
My mother had four kids when she was in her early twenties, and then, twenty years and a divorce later, got married to my dad and, against all expectations, ended up having another kid. So the youngest of my siblings (all half-siblings, just assume that if I mention my brothers or sisters that there's a 'half' prepended) is 20 years older than me. >.>

And, of course, my eldest half-sister (who is a despicable redneck) started popping out babies when she was probably even younger than our mother had been, and so I have two nieces who are older than me by a couple of/few years, two nieces (twins) who are two years younger than me, and a few years ago I became a freaking great-uncle. Shit.
Less than twenty years old and I became a great-uncle. Yeah. And can you imagine how many times my siblings have been mistaken for my parents when I'm with them? Shit gets annoying fast. >:|
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: August 05, 2014, 11:35:10 pm »

I think I watched that anime with my girlfriend when I was 12...
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:44 am »

I think I watched that anime with my girlfriend when I was 12...
I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was...uh...17. That's entirely my fault, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: August 06, 2014, 01:00:18 am »

I had a girl friend when I was maybe 7. We hung out almost every day until my family had to move!

OH WAIT, you're talking about girlfriends, one word. Yeah don't worry, 17 is nothing to be ashamed of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: August 06, 2014, 01:02:31 am »

What's a "girlfriend"? ???

* Yoink cries into his beer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: August 06, 2014, 01:03:58 am »

My first girlfriend is also my wife.

Is that weird?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: August 06, 2014, 01:05:01 am »

My first girlfriend is also my wife.

Is that weird?
A little, but as long as you're both happy, it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8728 on: August 06, 2014, 01:17:13 am »

I have not, do not, and most likely will not, have a girlfriend. Mostly due to general social ineptitude and a strong case of not-really-caring.

That anime sounds awesome, though. I'll see if I can find it later tonight.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: August 06, 2014, 06:25:09 am »

What's a "girlfriend"? ???

* Yoink cries into his beer.
There, there, it's okay. My only relationship to date pretty much only consisted of the label, and probably has screwed me up good. I know how you feel.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1419