Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781641 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #11595 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:15 am »

And using Linux, from what I know of Taw. Can't even run Steam. Nerd.
Fairly certain Linux can run Steam now. Steam even has an entire category in the store for finding games compatible with Linux.

I run steam on linux, and it works. I'm not terribly big on it - I find the DRM troubling. And those steam sales are dangerously seductive. Back, back I say! You shall not have my wallet today!

Today, I was terrified by the future.
the future is the most terrifying thing I can think of

Yeah, the future is pretty scary. It's a sneaky bastard, too...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: January 17, 2015, 12:16:34 am »

Today, I was terrified by the future. Too much decisions, too little time, too many consequences. I don't think I'll be able to get anything done. Almost everything I've done in my life is take the path of least resistance. Now when I need to be firm I can't.

I'll stop before this gets to ranty.
the future is the most terrifying thing I can think of

so +1
This reminds me of the moments I had before ._.
Analysis paralysis, or keening too much on analyzing the future--instead of seeing opportunities there. Meaning: You're doing a great thing, but its a bit tilting towards one side. The 'great thing' here is being aware of yourself and your 'path', so to speak, but then seeing yourself now...as in the one with the weaknesses which cause the D: as if its always who you'd be. A note about that kind of awareness is...err, could be compared to...um, checking if a ship is seaworthy by looking at the holes, and wondering how to improve it, as an analogy.

But yeah. It's a scary thing. Much like the explorers to new lands, or the voyager on the high seas wherein all you see day in and day out is blue, blue, blue...with only the knowledge of topography and navigation (constellations and otherwise) to tell you 'Hey, I'm actually moving in this sea!'. It's a scary thing, but also a very efficient way of seeing many things, including insight on your life and your future, as well as all the opportunities in store.

Life is scary ._. Life is fun.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11597 on: January 17, 2015, 01:09:28 am »

Life is marginally better than the alternative.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11598 on: January 17, 2015, 01:40:46 am »

My sister is getting married today.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11599 on: January 17, 2015, 01:45:58 am »

Clever.

Also, congratulations!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: January 17, 2015, 06:02:43 am »

Meh, I can still go after the other one. :P

Though seriously, congratulations.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: January 17, 2015, 06:59:46 am »

May they live long and prosper!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: January 17, 2015, 08:55:23 am »

Today, I was terrified by the future. Too much decisions, too little time, too many consequences. I don't think I'll be able to get anything done. Almost everything I've done in my life is take the path of least resistance. Now when I need to be firm I can't.

I'll stop before this gets to ranty.

If it makes you feel any better, I messed up my choices, and will carry the consequences for a long time (or forever). Good luck, is all I can say.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11603 on: January 17, 2015, 09:16:56 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/pdw2RZF
I can just imagine the person inside the suit going "Help! I can't get out! It's really hot in here and I can't get out WHY ARE YOU WALKING AWAY!? STOP RECORDING AND HELP ME, YOU FUCK!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: January 18, 2015, 05:25:41 am »

I hope this is the right bus...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11605 on: January 18, 2015, 05:27:19 am »

I know that feeling.

It gets even better when you're in a part of the city you've never been to in your life and no-one else on the bus seems to speak English. D:

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: January 18, 2015, 05:29:58 am »

Well, this isn't quite that bad, heh.
I'm just a tad bit out of practice with Brisbane.
It seems to be going the right way so far!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: January 18, 2015, 04:16:50 pm »

Jesus Christ man. So I was packing up to leave for college, I'm in the living room, my dad is sitting in a chair on the computer, I turn around and find my dad on his back on the floor making mumbling noises and looking at me with this vegetable-y look in his eyes. I ask him what he's doing on the floor. He says he's tired, like that explains it. I ask why he's laying on the floor instead of sitting in the chair or, y'know, going to lay in bed for a nap if he's tired. He asks me why I'm looking at him like that. I ask why he's on the floor. He asks me why he's on the floor.

He...apparently blacked out or something and fell out of the chair or something. I didn't even hear him fall out of the chair and I was in the same room but whatever. He says he feels fine, can feel his arms and legs and he isn't having heart pains or a headache or dizziness or anything. He's taking a nap now. He's 65 or so and I half expected he had a stroke or something, but he seems back to normal. He said that a similar blacking out happened to him one morning when he was going to work years back, where he went in the bathroom, turned on the shower, and suddenly found himself sitting on the floor with the shower overflowing. He seems fine now, and he insists he's fine and probably would refuse any prompting to go to a hospital or anything. I'll probably stay a bit longer until everyone's calmed down I guess.

Just, Jesus CHRIST, man. Turning around and seeing my dad on the floor like that was terrifying. Freaked my mom out pretty bad.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: January 18, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »

Jesus Christ man. So I was packing up to leave for college, I'm in the living room, my dad is sitting in a chair on the computer, I turn around and find my dad on his back on the floor making mumbling noises and looking at me with this vegetable-y look in his eyes. I ask him what he's doing on the floor. He says he's tired, like that explains it. I ask why he's laying on the floor instead of sitting in the chair or, y'know, going to lay in bed for a nap if he's tired. He asks me why I'm looking at him like that. I ask why he's on the floor. He asks me why he's on the floor.

He...apparently blacked out or something and fell out of the chair or something. I didn't even hear him fall out of the chair and I was in the same room but whatever. He says he feels fine, can feel his arms and legs and he isn't having heart pains or a headache or dizziness or anything. He's taking a nap now. He's 65 or so and I half expected he had a stroke or something, but he seems back to normal. He said that a similar blacking out happened to him one morning when he was going to work years back, where he went in the bathroom, turned on the shower, and suddenly found himself sitting on the floor with the shower overflowing. He seems fine now, and he insists he's fine and probably would refuse any prompting to go to a hospital or anything. I'll probably stay a bit longer until everyone's calmed down I guess.

Just, Jesus CHRIST, man. Turning around and seeing my dad on the floor like that was terrifying. Freaked my mom out pretty bad.

That sounds a lot like a TIA (mini stroke). It can be a precursor of a full on stroke. he should go to the hospital right away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: January 18, 2015, 06:08:10 pm »

More than seven hours ago I heard a loud-as-hell explosion, promptly after that the power went out. As was scared after that when I began hearing a LOUD electrical humming, turned off all the breaker switch electrical things and the humming continued. A main electrical line blew the fuck up and here I am many hours later on my phone next to an electrical lamp. My fucking luck is terrible, along with myself falling off my seat from a fucking loud explosion. So there's that.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1419