Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1787953 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12435 on: April 03, 2015, 06:15:38 am »

I'd be shouldering primary responsibility for the majority of air freight imports for a major corporation
Avoid anything from Malaysia.
Why? Malaysia is dank country

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: April 03, 2015, 06:37:45 am »

I'd be shouldering primary responsibility for the majority of air freight imports for a major corporation

We import stuff from Malaysia all the time.  I like the person from our Malaysia office, too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: April 03, 2015, 08:38:46 am »

A week ago, I was dead set on escaping this place as soon as I could.  Now I'm thinking about how I'm going to make it better.
And that's how Social Democracy was born. SG, you'll become a social fascist reformist yet :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: April 03, 2015, 10:44:33 am »

We import stuff from Malaysia all the time.  I like the person from our Malaysia office, too.
He's making a joke about the plane crashes. Because that's funny. People died. Ha.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: April 03, 2015, 10:46:22 am »

Descan, nobody died.

It's all crisis actors, just like 9/11 and Sandy Hooks.

I thought you were in on this?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: April 03, 2015, 01:35:35 pm »

He's making a joke about the plane crashes. Because that's funny. People died. Ha.
To be truthful, anything that is wrong can be humorous (and in fact humorous things need to be). To quote leading humor scholar Peter McGraw, humor works something like this:

The difficulty in being a comedian is that each person has different boundaries between the three groups, and those boundaries are constantly shifting based on mood, context, etc.. As such, it's totally possible that under the right circumstances something in which people died in can be found funny. Who here hasn't at least chuckled at one of those "horribly stupid death stories" that pop up from time to time? Actually I'd look at the fact that we're starting to make jokes about a disaster as a good thing; it means that we are starting to reach the point where we believe something like that won't happen again, so it's moving out of the "Negative affect probable" group and into the "Negative affect possible" one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12441 on: April 03, 2015, 03:30:05 pm »

These jokes are moister than Air France

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: April 03, 2015, 04:08:49 pm »

Is there any part of American society that isn't designed to make profit by robbing poorer people?

No.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12443 on: April 03, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

Is there any part of American society that isn't designed to make profit by robbing poorer people?
Public libraries.

No one uses them.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: April 03, 2015, 10:43:38 pm »

Welp, I nearly was severely injured (possibly died) in a car crash today. Some deranged person thought it would be a good idea to overtake a cyclist around a blind corner on a twisty 2-lane mountain road. I come around the corner, there's a bicyclist in the opposite lane... and a car in my lane, coming right at me.

I swerve to avoid the oncoming car, and start skidding. On one side of the road is a rock wall, and on the other side is a fifty foot drop, with about a foot of dirt buffer zone on either side of the pavement. My wheels touched dirt on both sides.

Remember. If you do a fair amount of driving, try to look up and take defensive driving courses. My competitive racetrack/rally driving experience definitely saved my life. Without a good grasp on low-traction car control, I would've been at the bottom of the ravine.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:46:13 pm by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: April 04, 2015, 10:27:37 am »

Speaking as someone who has driven on similar roads...
Pass around blind corner... who would... why would... GRAH! ...hmfxrdgndking idiots...
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: April 04, 2015, 10:32:15 am »

Public libraries.

No one uses them.
Late fees, man.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: April 04, 2015, 01:12:02 pm »

Filesharing. It's the one ray of light in an otherwise bleak world. The only part of society not based on robbing people.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: April 04, 2015, 01:19:32 pm »

*Wakes up*
*Goes out to the kitchen, to pour a glass of milk*
*Snowing outside*
AUGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: April 04, 2015, 01:42:00 pm »

America, land of the "Bwahhh?"
BFEL also had a run in with this ridiculousness when he was younger. Luckily it didn't take.

Basically in middle school the Vice Principal called my mom one day to complain about the 30 so days or such I had missed, when I didn't actually miss those days. She claimed I wasn't there right then, even though I was in class then. She made the mistake of waking my mom up for complete bullshit. Mom proceeded to become that ladies deepest darkest fear.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1419