Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1787931 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12540 on: April 13, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

But why would you want to kill centipedes?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

Because they drop on top of you while you are showering? (True story, actually had this happen once when I was still living at my parent's place).

Also, the ones that lived there had fairly poisonous bites, you did not want to suffer one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12542 on: April 13, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »

... oh, right. I'm not used to seeing centipedes inside.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: April 13, 2015, 05:33:11 pm »

... oh, right. I'm not used to seeing centipedes inside.

I didn't even know they could climb!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12544 on: April 13, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

Next you'll be telling me that you though flies swim.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: April 13, 2015, 05:35:36 pm »

I'm serious.  I've only seen them walking around on the ground before, and never inside a building.  Maybe there aren't a lot of centipedes where I live.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: April 13, 2015, 05:37:49 pm »

They aren't as good as spiders, that's for sure (I've seen spiders clinging upside down to the ceiling before), but they can certainly make their way up vertical surfaces, especially the smaller ones.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: April 13, 2015, 06:30:50 pm »

Okay, I've got a couple of stories for this thread. Gotta get back into the writing game.

Spoiler: Ear Horror (click to show/hide)

When I was like 10 or 11, a fly went right into my ear, and never came back out.  I was just going about my business when suddenly "zzZZTpfpfpfp".  It was very deliberate.  Perfect divebomb and a split second of scurrying, and it was in there deep.  I freaked the fuck out.  My mom tried to get it and said she could see it in there, but couldn't reach it with anything without hurting me.  We gave up, and... I don't know what the hell happened.  If it crawled back out while I was asleep or what.  But I don't know... because I never felt it move again after the initial entry.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: April 13, 2015, 06:33:34 pm »

Okay, I've got a couple of stories for this thread. Gotta get back into the writing game.

Spoiler: Ear Horror (click to show/hide)

When I was like 10 or 11, a fly went right into my ear, and never came back out.  I was just going about my business when suddenly "zzZZTpfpfpfp".  It was very deliberate.  Perfect divebomb and a split second of scurrying, and it was in there deep.  I freaked the fuck out.  My mom tried to get it and said she could see it in there, but couldn't reach it with anything without hurting me.  We gave up, and... I don't know what the hell happened.  If it crawled back out while I was asleep or what.  But I don't know... because I never felt it move again after the initial entry.

SG confirmed for fly-controlled zombie.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: April 13, 2015, 06:45:46 pm »

It probably either escaped or was consumed by your wax. Every time you move your jaw a ripple of ear wax from the innermost ear moves further outward. It was probably caught in such a wave.
If it lived very long you'd probably be dead or deaf.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

That's pretty much what ear wax is for, really. That, and protection from fluids and assorted microfauna.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: April 13, 2015, 07:18:31 pm »

It probably either escaped or was consumed by your wax. Every time you move your jaw a ripple of ear wax from the innermost ear moves further outward. It was probably caught in such a wave.

Yeah, I always assumed it got caught in earwax and died in there... But a large fly dying inside my ear is a terrifying enough thought.  Whenever I think about it, I wonder just how long I had a little rotting carcass hanging around in there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:01:14 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: April 13, 2015, 07:20:06 pm »

Yeah, I always assumed it got caught in earwax and died in there... But a large fly dying inside my ear is a terrifying enough thought.  Whenever I think about it, I wonder just how long I had a little rotting carcass hanging around in there.
I think you messed up your quoting there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: April 13, 2015, 08:03:10 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:06:53 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: April 13, 2015, 08:11:45 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about.
Everything seems to be in order here.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1419