Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758458 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12720 on: April 28, 2015, 10:26:13 pm »

A lot of small towns don't generate enough tax income on their own to build and run a modern school, let alone two or three (in the US elementary, middle, and high schools are often enough in separate buildings. It was that way for every school district I went to in Idaho, Utah and Iowa.) But those kids need education, too.

Yep. The alternative is running three-hour school bus routes to a combined high school...I remember back in 2011 or so when the price of gas was at $4 a gallon there were a number of rural school districts that had four-day schoolweeks because they simply couldn't afford to run the buses. Once someone designs an electric schoolbus, I'm sure districts all over the country will be rushing to switch to them.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you pretty damn creeped out today
« Reply #12721 on: April 29, 2015, 02:21:05 am »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/austinbreed/covetous

what the hell is wrong with this game

Yet again I am an entomologist so I am completely fine with parasitoidism and cannibalism and devouring things alive BUT

It must be the presentation. Or the flashing. Or the simplistic graphics. Or the 8-bit things. Or the unnatural music.
Well, that was creepy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #12722 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »

How I cant stop watching Empress Ki oh the tears and laughs.
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: April 29, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »

A lot of small towns don't generate enough tax income on their own to build and run a modern school, let alone two or three (in the US elementary, middle, and high schools are often enough in separate buildings. It was that way for every school district I went to in Idaho, Utah and Iowa.) But those kids need education, too.

Yep. The alternative is running three-hour school bus routes to a combined high school...I remember back in 2011 or so when the price of gas was at $4 a gallon there were a number of rural school districts that had four-day schoolweeks because they simply couldn't afford to run the buses. Once someone designs an electric schoolbus, I'm sure districts all over the country will be rushing to switch to them.

Hmm... Well, a bus certainly has enough room for a ridiculous quantity of batteries. Not sure how you'd sell "this product is a 35ft long bar of lithium-ion batteries with wheels screwed on ready to go up in smoke and your kids get to sit in it for two hours every day! And we shaved off 75% of the steel frame to make it light enough to use and so in the event of a collision your kids' skeletons will provide most of the resistance to compressive forces!"

But if you could sell that, and your community's electrical grid ran off a nuclear fission plant (which it won't; everyone will stop tearing each other's throats out to tear out the throat of the guy who suggests nuclear fission.) you could have cheap transportation for your kids, since school buses run on a fairly regular schedule/route and field trips would be the only time you'd have to consider non-standard transportation costs and whether or not you'd have to stop and charge the battery banks in the middle of nowhere for five hours.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: April 29, 2015, 10:25:40 pm »

Was reminded that the Transpacific Partnership trade deal still hasn't been killed
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:40 pm »

I have a 200 point spanish final (out of 1000 points)

in order to make a flat B, I have to score at least a 197

the extra credit i'll turn in marks this down to a bit more manageable ~180, but this is a really small margin of error

soy espantado, porque si hecho un C yo pierdo la scholarship de HOPE, y sere chingare

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:12 pm »

EWverclear long isnalds make jerrica fresh mode grass look like nice bed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:27 pm »

EWverclear long isnalds make jerrica fresh mode grass look like nice bed.

Everclear long islands sound like a one way ticket to the fucking mystery tour

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12728 on: April 29, 2015, 11:13:09 pm »

Oh god my house has a brown recluse infestation.
If you don't understand why this is terrifying, these are spiders. Whose bites cause fucking necrosis. And to top it off, they like to lurk in dark, cluttered places.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:14 pm »

If you don't understand why this is terrifying, these are spiders. Whose bites cause fucking necrosis. And to top it off, they like to lurk in dark, cluttered places.

Burn it. Burn iut allwe.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: April 29, 2015, 11:15:32 pm »

Burn it. Burn iut allwe.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: April 29, 2015, 11:16:29 pm »

Burn it. Burn iut allwe.
Man, ninja'd by a hilariously inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FTFY

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: April 29, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »

Burn it. Burn iut allwe.
I'vm shignng this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: April 30, 2015, 12:10:37 pm »

The first episode of American Horror Story. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: April 30, 2015, 12:24:28 pm »

Tooth... not-quite-ache that started all of a sudden today coupled with an oddly persistent itchiness of a part of lower gums sent me into hypochondria mode today.

I do not, in fact, have tooth cancer (is that actually a thing? I'm curious now) but TIL: whitening toothpastes can go eat a nonspecified but tremendous amount of dicks, don't ever buy that shit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1419