Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1787926 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14535 on: October 16, 2015, 03:10:18 am »

And here's me who's single despite having something like a dozen girls either ask me out or make it blatantly obvious they liked me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: October 16, 2015, 07:16:31 am »

I for one can confirm that, the moment you get into a succesful, happy relationship with someone, then suddenly nearly a dozen people who you were somewhat attracted to before suddenly develop far more interest in you (romantically and sexualy). Thankfuly my current relationship seems to get stronger and better with every day that passes, so I have no regrets rejecting a bunch of people I would totally touch butts with if I wasn't in this relationship :v

Seriously, one girl I went to college with (who was and still is a model) and who just casualy chatted with me a few times started flirting with me online and IRL after it became known I was with someone. Multiple WTF moments were had. A trans person I've been huge friends with for years has also become more flirtateous with me as well, but thats probably just her way of messing with me, the jerk >:v
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:21:13 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: October 16, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »

dude trans people are hot

my 2 cents
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: October 17, 2015, 08:48:47 am »

touch butts

nice

Feels bad not to be able to humblebrag about "butt-touching", whether that may be a sexual act or a romantic one.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: October 17, 2015, 09:45:44 am »

I find an awwwwwwwwwwwful lot of people I see attractive. But I've never really interacted with one that I'd actually like to be with for any other reason than "damn, she's hot."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: October 17, 2015, 09:57:06 am »

I find an awwwwwwwwwwwful lot of people I see attractive. But I've never really interacted with one that I'd actually like to be with for any other reason than "damn, she's hot."

I'm in more or less the same boat, though the ones I've actually wanted to be with have fallen at a critical hurdle in some fashion, through no fault of my own or their own.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: October 17, 2015, 12:07:33 pm »

As a related thought that is a derail but which just occurred to me, what about pre-birth heaven. That should be a thing in Christianity. There's afterlife to explain away the nothingness after death, but they don't tend to think about the nothingness before birth

The Church of the SubGenius has that. I think the Mormons do too.

Real books are nice to have a few of. Ebooks are extremely convenient.

Depends on the machine. Some of the cheaper virtual paper machines are kinda slow and/or have poor battery life. Depends on where you're getting your reading material too; if you buy stuff from the reader's manufacturer's store it probably has some kind of drm that probably doesn't work - and not in a good way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:13:16 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14542 on: October 17, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »

Real books are nice to have a few of. Ebooks are extremely convenient.

Depends on the machine. Some of the cheaper virtual paper machines are kinda slow and/or have poor battery life. Depends on where you're getting your reading material too; if you buy stuff from the reader's manufacturer's store it probably has some kind of drm that probably doesn't work - and not in a good way.

Amazon's DRM is a little irritating (the restrictions on loaning books are pretty arbitrary), but Kindles have battery life of the gods and respond very quickly (assuming you only want to read - good luck using it for much else). Insofar as I like ebooks, I love the Kindle.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: October 17, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »

As a related thought that is a derail but which just occurred to me, what about pre-birth heaven. That should be a thing in Christianity. There's afterlife to explain away the nothingness after death, but they don't tend to think about the nothingness before birth

It's in there at least once: "...from ashes we come, from ashes we return...", but I can't think of many other references to a start. I think that mostly people worry about what will happen to them once they die, but are simply happy to accept without question they exist in the 1st place, because hey your here, right?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: October 17, 2015, 04:15:16 pm »

This is where spiritism gets kinda cool, I think. Spiritism says that (according to the teachings dictated by highly developed spirits, supposedly) it is unknow just how souls are formed in the first place, because apparently the process is completely incomprehensible even for them. In fact, they say that its something a huge number of very advanced spirits have been researching and studying for a very long time now, and while some progress has been made, they're still very far from finding out just how souls pop into existence. All they claim to know is that God is constantly creating souls and continuing to expand the universe (Jesus does say in the bible that God never actualy stopped creating) and that all souls are created equal, but evolve in different ways and at different rates due to what kind of influences they receive while incarnated.

Its pretty much the only religion I know that goes and says "we don't know how this thing happens, altough we're trying to find out" instead of comming up with an explanation for everything ever and ignoring all other positions.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: October 17, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »

Heh, that is pretty cool.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: October 17, 2015, 04:40:08 pm »

...I'm terrified I said something wrong while trying to provide support.
I'm never sure what I'm doing but this is downright nerve-wracking and I'm half freaking out that something I said is going to cause problems and aaaaaaaa.
Then again, at least I did better than a morbid joke, so hopefully that's something...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: October 18, 2015, 01:31:11 am »

While I'm not Christian, I don't think that fits with their theology.  A key point is that God was the first thing to exist.  Even with a pre-birth heaven, there has to have been at least the better part of a week where none of us existed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: October 18, 2015, 03:13:20 am »

Bloop ._.
Haven't logged in lately! D: [due to studying for exams and other reasons]
Have been sick in the past week due to [very annoying molds which was purged by thorough cleaning of 3+ rooms].
And as of the current time--weathering a [really not nice storm which will probably stay over my area in the coming days].
It's also exam week x.x

Typhoon Lando in our area, at the current time of Oct 18, has us at Storm Signal 3. Several areas in my place are already without power.
For reference--we were at Signal 2 just a few hours earlier.
And this is more being terrified about other people rather than me. :<
Gah.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:24:00 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14549 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:51 am »

While I'm not Christian, I don't think that fits with their theology.  A key point is that God was the first thing to exist.  Even with a pre-birth heaven, there has to have been at least the better part of a week where none of us existed.
Pretty sure most Christian groups agree that the soul doesn't exist before conception. The nothingness beforehand is exactly that, because you don't exist.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1419