Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783721 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15570 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:21 pm »

There is a nervous thread.  There might be two.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: February 17, 2016, 07:01:15 pm »

I feel like I probably have the last post in it.
Besides, I don't really have time to dig it up right now. At least, it feels like I don't.
My 'nervous' is close enough to becoming 'terrified' that I think it works here, anyway... I'm so disorganised. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: February 19, 2016, 03:39:16 am »

I thought about what happens when you die, and the very real possibility of nonexistence. Existence is a prerequisite for experience. What does the experience of nonexistence feel like? Does it feel like anything?

Sentience sucks.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: February 19, 2016, 03:55:36 am »

I thought about what happens when you die, and the very real possibility of nonexistence. Existence is a prerequisite for experience. What does the experience of nonexistence feel like? Does it feel like anything?

Sentience sucks.
Cogito ergo sum and all that, I'd imagine cessation of existence feels about the same as cessation of consciousness. What that would mean is that death would feel like falling into a dreamless sleep. Wrapping my head around it is difficult, but I don't find it particularly scary, to be honest.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #15574 on: February 19, 2016, 04:01:14 am »

Cogito ergo sum and all that, I'd imagine cessation of existence feels about the same as cessation of consciousness. What that would mean is that death would feel like falling into a dreamless sleep. Wrapping my head around it is difficult, but I don't find it particularly scary, to be honest.
I find it pretty darn horrifying. I don't want my conciousness to end for any reason.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

sirdanilot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: February 19, 2016, 06:47:48 am »

I find it pretty darn horrifying. I don't want my conciousness to end for any reason.
Have you ever been operated on? I wouldn't be surprised if death felt like that; i.e. it felt like pretty much nothing at all. When you are being operated with full narcose you just suddenly wake up, hours later. In between there is no 'hole' or 'black void', there is just nothing. The moment passes instantly as if you time travel.

The same applies when you have drunk way way too much and suddenly awake in a place you don't want to be ;)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: February 19, 2016, 08:54:36 am »

We weren't conscious for a long time before our birth. The sleep was long and dark, and when consciousness ends, who's to say we won't wake up from another sleep?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: February 19, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

I think death feels just like how it was like before you were born.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:21 am »

Something exciting to find out, I guess, when the time comes.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: February 19, 2016, 09:52:55 am »

Death is not sleep. It is unconscious. There's no sense in fearing what if will feel like, because you will no longer exist to feel it. That doesn't mean you should look forward to it, though; you won't get any more chances to effect the world, and the part just before can be a bit painful.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: February 19, 2016, 09:54:38 am »

There's no sense in fearing what if will feel like, because you will no longer exist to feel it.
Precisely that is what scares me, not how it will feel like.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: February 19, 2016, 10:05:05 am »

I didn't mean look forward to it right now :P I just meant that it'd console me, that right before I go, there'll be some answer to look forward to.

Unless you just stop existing, but that's an answer in itself and when it's done, it's done.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:47 am »

I don't understand you guys.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: February 19, 2016, 10:59:12 am »

Have you ever had a dreamless sleep? One where you are in your bed in the evening, then suddenly it's morning and you feel less tired, but don't remember anything about what happened? That is what unconsciousness feels like. That is what feeling nothing feels like. It seems so sudden because you don't feel even the time passing, and you don't remember anything because there is no stimulus to remember.

I don't look forward to death, but I see no reason to fear it either. I focus on making the most of the time I have alive, on what I can do to make the world a better place, on making sure my life is remembered. I focus on celebrating life, not fearing death.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15584 on: February 19, 2016, 11:08:54 am »

I don't look forward to death, but I see no reason to fear it either. I focus on making the most of the time I have alive, on what I can do to make the world a better place, on making sure my life is remembered. I focus on celebrating life, not fearing death.
Fear of death helps you live longer to make the world better longer
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1419