Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1788052 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16245 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:47 pm »

that explains so much about you, and why i don't like you as a person and don't think you are a good human being
Well then, I'm glad to have furthered your understanding.
For my part I shall add the lack of capitalisation and punctuation in that post to the list of reasons why I think the same of you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: June 01, 2016, 11:43:54 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16247 on: June 02, 2016, 12:03:20 am »

Yoink does have a point. It's not wrong to make jokes, and the onus is on the individual to avoid things they find offensive. I can't fault someone for making a joke I don't like, and I am not at fault for making a joke they don't like.
Obviously it's polite to avoid certain jokes around certain people, and polite say you're sorry that they were offended, but that's being polite, rather than an obligation as part of being a "good person", whatever that means.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: June 02, 2016, 01:06:59 am »

Note to future self: Late-night walk, then 3 hours of reading r/nosleep stories. Not the other way around.

What does an empty elementary school library even need a life-sized faceless humanoid figure completely covered in silver-grey material for, anyway?

They should at least have the decency not to leave it facing out the window towards the street...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: June 02, 2016, 01:31:29 am »

Oh noooo I like Descan and Yoink both ):

Also uh
I'm over it now but
Something my character did in our Vampire tabletop game last Wednesday.  Something seriously creepy.

On the plus side I'm now being very careful about my pronouns.  In DND I'd interchangeably refer to myself as my character and my friends as their characters.  Now I'm constantly keeping the difference in mind, and speaking appropriately.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: June 02, 2016, 02:05:19 am »

What does an empty elementary school library even need a life-sized faceless humanoid figure completely covered in silver-grey material for, anyway?

They should at least have the decency not to leave it facing out the window towards the street...
To freak out people walking past at night, probably. :P
I once stayed at an old hotel in a town (or small city, really) that was popularly believed to be very haunted, and one night as I was walking outside I spotted this spooky white humanoid figure, right up the top of the building on an inaccessible floor. Freaked me out for a moment, but I watched it and it stayed there.

The next day I looked again in daylight and there was nothing on that balcony.
However, I knew the owner of said hotel, who had quite a sense of humour- placing a spooky ghost-like mannequin somewhere it could be seen from the street at night seemed like exactly the sort of thing he'd do, both for his own amusement and to probably further promote the hotel's many ghost legends.

...Or maybe I just saw an actual ghost and am in denial. *shrug*
The only other thing I had that was anything like a "ghost experience" during my stay there was a weird tingling on the back of my head that persisted for hours and convinced me I was dying, but I put that down to the amount of dirt-cheap liquor I was drinking during the trip. Probably a good thing I didn't stay for very long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16251 on: June 02, 2016, 02:09:32 am »

Something my character did in our Vampire tabletop game last Wednesday.  Something seriously creepy.
You can't say that and not tell us
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: June 02, 2016, 02:12:34 am »

Judging by the rest of the context given, it might be something that would push the forum guidelines... still sounds interesting, though.

My old GM simply houseruled that each PC had to be the same gender as their player to prevent things getting weird.
I got the feeling that was a lesson hard-learned...

Edit: Whoops, screwed up the post.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:21:31 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: June 02, 2016, 02:16:47 am »

Did you mean gender?
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:15 am »

Whoops, I think I missed a couple of words in there somewhere.
This will teach me to re-word my post so many times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: June 02, 2016, 09:17:56 am »

Judging by the rest of the context given, it might be something that would push the forum guidelines... still sounds interesting, though.
Not... exactly.
Okay I wasn't going to even mention it ever, but I guess I did, and also I'm mostly over it now.  It's just a game after all.

Making a thrall involves feeding someone blood.  Our social vampire did this by seduction - kinda creepy, but okay.  Our strong vampire could do this by force, if she wasn't too busy destroying the TV and running through the woods naked (1 humanity now, kinda worried about that).

My vampire is physically weak and socially awkward.  He's just sneaky, dexterous, and a decent liar.
And he got his thrall at a dance club.  Enough said...
And while it's not technically erotic, this is Vampire.  It's erotic.

My old GM simply houseruled that each PC had to be the same gender as their player to prevent things getting weird.
I got the feeling that was a lesson hard-learned...
The other players did the exact opposite actually, and I wish I had too.  We're inevitably doing all sorts of creepy things, so it helps to play up the difference between player and character.  Hence why I'm being way more careful about player/character pronouns now.  And why I made my character a practicing Jew.

Fortunately, my new backup character is a club-going chick (who happens to be a brilliant researcher, but unfortunately naive and inattentive during downtime).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:09 pm »

There was a gun threat today, at school. We had to stay in lockdown for a good 2 and a half hours. I dunno if the threat was real but it certainly looked like the guy, from the photos, had a Hard Shell case. Considering I didn't know if he was in or out of the school for the first hour and a half, I spent that time freaking the hell out at the concept of being a victim of a school shooting or bombing.

Bleuh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: June 02, 2016, 03:53:56 pm »

Submitted my term paper just now.

It's a shitty, shitty thing. But with enough luck, that'll slide.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: June 03, 2016, 03:02:32 pm »

>Taking SAT tomorrow
>Don't have photo ID

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKk
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: June 03, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »

Oh wow that's not good.

Don't you have a school ID?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 1419