Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1787772 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17566 on: February 08, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

Was talking to one of my med friends whilst they were on the bus, when suddenly he starts asking some lady questions about blood pressure. Now he's involved in some medical emergency on the bus o_O

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17567 on: February 08, 2017, 02:00:26 pm »

They'll be fine, LW, they literally train to handle this stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:42 pm »

Especially if he can spot bloodpressure trouble on the fly, while riding the bus with you. Sounds like he's made the right choice of profession.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17569 on: February 08, 2017, 02:19:27 pm »

Especially if he can spot bloodpressure trouble on the fly, while riding the bus with you. Sounds like he's made the right choice of profession.
Was talking over the phone, so I'm in the dark on what's actually happening beyond there's something wrong over there

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: February 08, 2017, 07:42:57 pm »

My pockets are at the exact same height as the doorknobs in my house. Yet another attempt on my life today.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: February 08, 2017, 08:11:37 pm »

One does not simply walk through more doors.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17572 on: February 08, 2017, 08:31:15 pm »

That happens to me all the goddamn time, too. And not just the doorknobs. My clothes get caught on all sorts of things.

As far as baldness goes, I am looking, but poor

More things to be legitimately terrified of: the weather. We've got roads covered in snow and slush and now freezing rain. My poor cars tires are practically bald, so I'm going down the highway at ~30 and still losing control on corners. I'll make it home about 11:30 tonight if at all @_@
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:46:16 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: February 09, 2017, 10:06:06 pm »

I played Resident Evil 7. I am terribly, terribly afraid of power tools like power drills. Or chainsaws. Especially chainsaws.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:13:02 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: February 09, 2017, 10:43:22 pm »

As far as baldness goes, I am looking, but poor

If he can pull off looking fine and being bald, so can you! Channel the baldness of a handsome, handsome dictator.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17575 on: February 10, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »

I ran into one of my personal work-related nightmares today: being forced to back my truck out into a busy street.

I had been sent to a customer to pick up a load. It's a customer I've never been to - always a fun prospect since you can never really be sure what their procedures are, or where the truck entrance to the property is, or sometimes even which side of the street to pay attention to. I found the place easily enough - a recycling center - and pulled onto the property.

Almost immediately, the employees there informed me that I had made an error. Due to the way their property is designed, a truck like mine cannot simply pull into the driveway and make their way to the loading area. Oh no. Trucks must instead park on the street, check in, and then back into their lot all the way to the loading area. Screwing this up was bad enough, but their lot was so compact that it was impossible to turn around once I had entered. I would have to back out, re-adjust myself on the street outside, and then enter the lot properly (aka backwards).

The street fronting the customer was one of the nasty sort of low-grade commercial areas: moderate traffic in both directions but not a lot of room for maneuvering. To make matters worse, the gate onto the property was narrow, the fence blocked 90% of my rear-facing view, and in order to get out I would end up blocking more than half the street. A couple of the employees went out to try and control traffic, but my severely impacted view meant that I couldn't see them much of the time and therefore could not read their directions. It didn't help when some vehicles ignored them and tried to get around me anyway.

Eventually I managed to get out, at which point I quickly parked on the shoulder, let the stopped traffic go, and then took my first opportunity to properly back in. I only had to block half of the road this time.

It turned out okay, but those were some of the most nerve-wracking minutes of my career so far.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17576 on: February 10, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »

Er...At least you survived?

That sounds terrifying all right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17577 on: February 10, 2017, 11:44:58 pm »

Just for the sake of curiosity, how big of a truck were you driving there?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17578 on: February 10, 2017, 11:49:03 pm »

Just for the sake of curiosity, how big of a truck were you driving there?

Given that Sirus here is a trucker, I'm assuming big, like those 18 wheelers or semi-trailers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:52:21 pm by smjjames »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17579 on: February 11, 2017, 12:44:39 am »

Bingo. 18-wheeler, roughly 70 feet long and weighing a little under 20 tons empty.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 1419