Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758115 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17670 on: April 04, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »

We are parts of Terra, but we are also ourselves. Just as your gut bacteria are a vital part of your body, but may live or die separate from yourself.
In other words.. CEOs/Shareholders/Managers/whatever for massive companies that pollute the world, and those that work under them..
Are basically malignant bacterias and/or viruses?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:45:22 pm by Ultimuh »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: April 04, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »

Moreover, if a terrorist's terrorist cells become cancer cells, are said cancer cells antiterrorist cells?

If cancer cells are terror cells, than a terrorist with cancer would be terror cells in a terror cell.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17672 on: April 04, 2017, 11:19:55 pm »

Moreover, if a terrorist's terrorist cells become cancer cells, are said cancer cells antiterrorist cells?

If cancer cells are terror cells, than a terrorist with cancer would be terror cells in a terror cell.
What about a terrorist that somehow spread cancer? They would be a terror cell spreading terror cell agent. Or perhaps a terror cell terror cell vector.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17673 on: April 04, 2017, 11:21:54 pm »

What about a terrorist that somehow spread cancer? They would be a terror cell spreading terror cell agent. Or perhaps a terror cell terror cell vector.
Naw that's just the cigarette companies.
Nom nom nom

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: April 05, 2017, 01:39:18 am »

....It's Australia, you think they're not going to be overrun by mutant fungus at some point?
Hey now, my jeans aren't that bad.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17675 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:44 am »

Seriously, if you are looking to cause an extinction level event, all you need is a few well placed nukes just ahead or behind of earth orbit, to redirect some really big space rocks.

For a tiny fraction of the cost to glass AU, you can destroy all complex life on the planet. Be economical here, if you intend to be a super-villain.
Ah but it depends on the context of the villainy. Perhaps I really want to glass Australia for some reason. Maybe I just need to make a really expensive point but I also think that creating a huge burning landfill of cash is too artsy and pacifist for my tastes. Or maybe Australia just really had it coming.

But yes, there are more efficient ways, both of getting super villainous points across and of wiping out Australia. But I'm not a government accountability office, I'm a supervillain! If I cared about efficiency and the cost-benefit ratio of my actions, I wouldn't have gone into the business of killing people and blowing things up for poorly-defined reasons.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: April 06, 2017, 01:40:36 am »

....It's Australia, you think they're not going to be overrun by mutant fungus at some point?

Only because they got washed last year.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17677 on: April 06, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

Only because they got washed last year.
Against his will
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17678 on: April 06, 2017, 01:57:52 am »

Washed the luck right out of them! ;P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17679 on: April 22, 2017, 06:26:29 am »

Brother and Sister-In-Law went to have a baby a few minutes ago. There's some risk associated with it, and they'd lost a child prior. Was up way too late and it's early now, but I'm doubtful I can get back to sleep. I agreed to watch their pets/house during, so I'm there, just kinda waiting for news as it develops.

Really hoping they're all safe and okay.

Update
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:26:37 am by Solifuge »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17680 on: April 23, 2017, 09:58:52 pm »

Found two grey hairs in my beard. Too young.

Edit: Congrats Soli!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:01:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: April 26, 2017, 03:21:18 pm »

Hooray for Auntie Solifuge!

I was working on a mod and accidentally deleted like a week of work. Then I found it was still in my clipboard.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17682 on: April 26, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

Don't know whether to put this in wtf or terrified, but considering how I'm feeling right now this is probably closer, so here goes: Two hours ago, even an hour ago, I was going to be posting in sad thread about not being able to work, and not having enough money to buy food.

Now though, all I can think about are ants, how disgusting ants are, how they might be kept at bay for three weeks, and the efficacy of my unused ant poison. Oh god so many fucking ants. I knew they were mounting in strength and boldness, but as I looked around for a sock, one I grabbed was covered with them. They were everywhere. Up until today I hadn't seen more than like, three at once. And this is right near my bed. I'm freaked the fuck out and I don't even know why.

But fuck ants though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: April 26, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »

I sympathize, as while the ants are not in my room they are around every summer and my war against antdom is without end.

I will be their reckoning. This summer shall be different.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: May 03, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1419