Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1780351 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17685 on: May 03, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: May 04, 2017, 01:49:50 am »

Sorry, just some high-stakes social interaction of a kind I am especially inexperienced with. :-X
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: May 04, 2017, 09:16:40 am »

Don't worry, she's probably more afraid of you than the other way around.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: May 04, 2017, 10:53:14 am »

i don't think she's a honeybee or something, dude
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: May 04, 2017, 11:15:37 am »

Hey now, there's nothing wrong if she's a honeybee. Don't restrict bree love.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17691 on: May 04, 2017, 12:45:59 pm »

bee happy

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: May 04, 2017, 03:39:53 pm »

Oh! ants! I love ants. I used to want to be a myrmecologist when I was a kid.

We get these huge harvester ants around here (Pogonomyrmex) that make these awesome looking flat nests. I used to play with them all the time when I was a kid.

God I love ants...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: May 04, 2017, 11:11:52 pm »

Don't worry, she's probably more afraid of you than the other way around.
I'm not afraid of her, it's the thought of not seeing her again that I'm afraid of. :P

...How did your recent (mis?)adventures in such things turn out, anyway, if you don't mind me asking?
Man I really hate talking about this sort of thing. I feel like such a colossal wanker. At least I can remind myself that it's Bay12, and I'm sure most of you are well aware of what a titanic lamewad I am already.        
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: May 06, 2017, 09:37:13 am »

Ah, that's a long-term thing. A woman's heart is a fortress: They may be taken by storm, or by surprise - but often only a protracted siege will gain you access.

It's a very polite siege, though. None of that catapulting corpses business.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: May 06, 2017, 11:12:21 am »

Unless she is a barbarian princess and it is the corpses of her enemies!
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: May 06, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »

Naah, she'd be Queen of the unified tribespeople, not some generic princess. Hell, if revolution breaks out, she'd make a wicked commander. And reluctantly so, which is even more awesome!
The Bay12 postcard club

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: May 06, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

They may be taken by storm, or by surprise - but often only a protracted siege will gain you access.
Hmm... interesting.
Unfortunately she has already returned to her own lands, far to the north. Our only communication at present is through written missives.
I suppose I could take a force and camp with my allies in that region, but unfortunately I imagine their lands are too far from her stronghold to make for an effective staging ground.   

I suppose, were I truly desperate, I could form an alliance with certain estranged members of my dynasty in order to launch my siege from their lands, but that would mean swallowing my pride, and it would be an unpleasant meal indeed. And then, of course, I would be dragged back into their petty squabbles and politicking with various other members of the empire, something I feel I am well rid off since washing my hands of it.

Perhaps I should first try and gain an audience with the queen in question, to try and gauge just how effective such a siege would even be.
I could hardly claim to have taken her measure from the couple of brief skirmishes we've had thus far. Of course, whatever course of action I take I must first ensure things in my own kingdom are in order, lest it fall apart during my lengthy absence whilst campaigning in foreign lands.
I dread to think of all the satisfying battles I would miss out on down here in the meantime, also- there is much glory to be had on the frontier for an able commander.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: May 06, 2017, 06:37:48 pm »

Perhaps I should first try and gain an audience with the queen in question, to try and gauge just how effective such a siege would even be.
Why not send spies? Have them bribe some officials, have them listen around... It is a fundamental constant of the human condition that we carry within us a desire to share what we know. And who would know more about her than her own court?
The Bay12 postcard club

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: May 06, 2017, 06:47:48 pm »

That course of action carries great risk, though.
And, despite the lands in question being my homeland of old, I have few trusted retainers in the area these days, and most would seem quite out-of-place trying to infiltrate her circles. Although, perhaps it's not as far-fetched as I at first thought... there could be merit to the idea. Still, though, my remaining allies in those parts are not ones I've called on in many moons. I have no real idea of the current political situation in the area, or which of those allies I can still trust.   

Perhaps I shall have to brief and send some freshly-recruited agent from my own realm, the next time some sort of caravan or mission is heading in that direction. I shall have to be extremely careful to avoid suspicion, however. I am still leaning in favour of the more direct approach, with less opportunity for betrayal and scandal.   
Spies and infiltrators are hardly the most reliable or trustworthy sorts, after all.   
And my kingdom is not exactly rich or well-thought-of enough to secure a guaranteed silence from them, either.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1419