Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1788017 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18915 on: July 22, 2018, 01:36:00 am »

Bingo is not a game that's terribly well-suited to anxiety sufferers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18916 on: July 22, 2018, 01:47:55 am »

Hmm, I wonder if they switched the genders of the people in the commercial, they would think it's still sexual harassment.\?

I think Josh might have misinterpreted what was going on, a little. Was it this one Josh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QeRZj3LhS4

the first line of dialogue is the girl saying "it's not my first time bartending". This frames the conversation as what they do, but also the fact that they're newly-introduced co-workers, and not "intimate". They then talk about the party going on at the bar, the guy says it's a "sausage fest" and says she should look out because she's a "sexy girl". At this point she's just laughing along - the implication is that "harmless flirting" e.g. just calling someone sexy or something, isn't necessarily harassment.

But at the end he's not kissing her ear, he's whispering something to her. She says "what?!?" and he leans in and whispers some more, to which she looks uncomfortable. The implication is that he's saying something really dirty to her, too dirty to actually air on the commercial.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:14:21 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18917 on: July 22, 2018, 05:35:03 am »

*Whispers*: Do you like turtles?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18918 on: July 22, 2018, 06:24:55 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18919 on: July 22, 2018, 07:02:20 am »

Ah, the turtle sex noise. I never get bored of being ambushed by it.  I should make it my ringtone or alarm noise or something. Imagine that - waking up to the raspy calls of a passionate turtle. Also encourages you to answer your workphone more swiftly "how long can I let this phonecall go before my boss asks me what my ringtone is".
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18920 on: July 22, 2018, 07:13:17 am »

Hmm, I wonder if they switched the genders of the people in the commercial, they would think it's still sexual harassment.\?

I think Josh might have misinterpreted what was going on, a little. Was it this one Josh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QeRZj3LhS4

the first line of dialogue is the girl saying "it's not my first time bartending". This frames the conversation as what they do, but also the fact that they're newly-introduced co-workers, and not "intimate". They then talk about the party going on at the bar, the guy says it's a "sausage fest" and says she should look out because she's a "sexy girl". At this point she's just laughing along - the implication is that "harmless flirting" e.g. just calling someone sexy or something, isn't necessarily harassment.

But at the end he's not kissing her ear, he's whispering something to her. She says "what?!?" and he leans in and whispers some more, to which she looks uncomfortable. The implication is that he's saying something really dirty to her, too dirty to actually air on the commercial.

Oh yeah that was it. I watched it on a TV that was a good distance away from me, so I guess I misinterpreted the entire scene.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18921 on: July 22, 2018, 07:23:43 am »

Oh yeah that was it. I watched it on a TV that was a good distance away from me, so I guess I misinterpreted the entire scene.

It wasn't a misinterpretation, it was deliberate and conscious ignorance of sexual harassment, you cis-male scum (I assume).
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18922 on: July 22, 2018, 07:42:04 am »

No.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18924 on: July 22, 2018, 08:00:43 am »

Help, help, I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy... and a nazi panda.

EDIT: No, wait, that's a commissar panda.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18925 on: July 22, 2018, 08:03:38 am »

You were right the first time. Also if it helps I'm a heterosexual cis-gender white American adult gun-owning male. So like. Prime oppressor material here.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18926 on: July 22, 2018, 08:12:23 am »

Don't.
Love, scriver~

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18927 on: July 22, 2018, 08:23:26 am »

Don't.

I'm invoking Godwin.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18928 on: July 22, 2018, 08:32:07 am »

No.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 1419