Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758317 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19860 on: October 14, 2019, 07:23:01 am »

I have a WTF, something I came across on Reddit just before, but I'm not sure if it might be considered NSFL or something.
Since just saying this would be basically teasing and y'all would probably get mad at me for it, I think I will post it anyway, but in a spoiler - and I might even put some content warnings on it, an extraordinary step for someone who thinks such things are highly silly.   
Editor's note: I decided the Terrified thread would be a better fit.   

NOTE: I feel like I should mention that it's entirely possible that this is all a hoax. I saw at least a few posters on Reddit putting forth such a hypothesis - as much as his recent posts seemed to lend credence to the whole thing, at least one person pointed out some inconsistencies that might lead one to believe the whole account was a troll leading up to this.
Let's hope so.

This whole story's kinda depressing, I can't honestly recommend reading it. *shrug*

Don't do Benadryl, kids. I mean, unless you're using it within the recommended dosage to combat allergies or as a sleep aid, I guess.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: October 14, 2019, 08:34:02 am »

Don't do Benadryl, kids. I mean, unless you're using it within the recommended dosage to combat allergies or as a sleep aid, I guess.   

I remember the feeling of having caffeine when I woke up from a night of sleep provided by Benadryl. You can feel your brain trying to wake up and go to sleep at the same time.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: October 14, 2019, 10:02:00 am »

There's a subreddit for everything.

Everything.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: October 14, 2019, 12:38:50 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: October 14, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »

🤔  I've heard about people trying to get high with antihystamines... tbh I always found it desperate more than anything.

Come to think of it, I think most attempts at getting high with prescription drugs stink of desperation in general.  In many of those I don't even know how people get high with them in the first place 🤔
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: October 15, 2019, 09:00:45 am »

Even more than the desperate things teenagers are willing to get high on, there are even more things the media is desperate for you to believe teenagers are willing to get high on. Jenkem. Basically you shit in a bucket and cover it with a plastic bag then a few weeks later you huff the fumes. It was a thing among some homeless orphan kids in some African country who lived near a sewage outflow, but the American media bought into the idea that American kids are pooping in buckets and fermenting it in order to get high weeks later.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:02:35 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: October 15, 2019, 09:18:18 am »

Why would they do that when they can just huff gasoline like the kids in [nearby, competitive town] do?
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: October 15, 2019, 09:45:57 am »

I wonder if there's a newspaper specifically for fans of huffing
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: October 15, 2019, 11:43:02 am »

IDK Yoink, it's glum but I can respect it... Like... I allways wondered why people only opt for one technique... Might as well swallow a lethal dose, then jump from a bridge and shoot yourself in mid-air if you really really mean it.

I assume it's because they're depressed. Depressed people have almost zero energy and zero motivation.

🤔  I've heard about people trying to get high with antihystamines... tbh I always found it desperate more than anything.

I've heard of people using a bag of sliced bread as a filter to take the methanol out of mouthwash so you wouldn't die if you drank it. That seems like more cost and effort than just buying booze, but if nobody will sell to you, maybe?

Even more than the desperate things teenagers are willing to get high on, there are even more things the media is desperate for you to believe teenagers are willing to get high on. Jenkem. Basically you shit in a bucket and cover it with a plastic bag then a few weeks later you huff the fumes. It was a thing among some homeless orphan kids in some African country who lived near a sewage outflow, but the American media bought into the idea that American kids are pooping in buckets and fermenting it in order to get high weeks later.

Wasn't that a thing Warren Ellis made up as an example stupid thing that people would actually believe existed? If you make it about a poor foreign country, people will just assume it's true. There's nothing in poop that can ferment into any sort of intoxicant, unless you have some weird disease that makes you poop sugar, and also you're eating enough sugar for it to be in fermentable quantities after you've eaten it. At that point, you would just put the sugar into the bucket.

I wonder if there's a newspaper specifically for fans of huffing

Huffing anything that can get you high also usually does long-term brain damage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:19 am »

There's nothing in poop that can ferment into any sort of intoxicant
Human poop, sure. Brahmin poop, on the other hand...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: October 15, 2019, 02:48:39 pm »

I've heard of people using a bag of sliced bread as a filter to take the methanol out of mouthwash so you wouldn't die if you drank it. That seems like more cost and effort than just buying booze, but if nobody will sell to you, maybe?

I don't think mouthwash has methanol. So your friend is in luck because I don't think you can filter it out with sliced bread either 🤣🤣
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19872 on: October 15, 2019, 03:30:15 pm »

Certainly I've heard of that trick being used for methylated spirits, which you at least used to be able to buy in any hardware shop around here.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: October 15, 2019, 03:50:12 pm »

I actually noticed recently many of the extracted flavors (like vanilla, almond etc) include up to 32% alcohol. Probably a good thing most people never read the ingredients lists on food products, or kids would be chugging pecan shots. Don't have to show ID for those
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: October 15, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »

Chugging vanilla extract to get buzzed sounds... expensive.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1323 1324 [1325] 1326 1327 ... 1419