Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758341 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19980 on: January 13, 2020, 08:54:23 am »

Geiger counter intensifies
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19981 on: January 16, 2020, 12:49:54 am »

I don't know where tf I'm gonna live starting early next month.
Now, don't you worry about me, I'm not likely to become homeless or anything (I doubt I could survive being homeless anyway - I'd be like a spineless crustacean with its shell smashed open, dumped onto the ground to die), but I don't doubt I'll just end up dragging my miserable existence from one unpleasant, uncomfortable, unbearable living situation into another even worse one.
And it looks like I'll end up wracked with guilt over having to rely on others helping me out in the process, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19982 on: January 16, 2020, 09:20:24 am »

I don't know where tf I'm gonna live starting early next month.
Now, don't you worry about me, I'm not likely to become homeless or anything (I doubt I could survive being homeless anyway - I'd be like a spineless crustacean with its shell smashed open, dumped onto the ground to die), but I don't doubt I'll just end up dragging my miserable existence from one unpleasant, uncomfortable, unbearable living situation into another even worse one.

Oh, you're going to be in the US?

And it looks like I'll end up wracked with guilt over having to rely on others helping me out in the process, too.

Nope, that's not the US.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19983 on: January 16, 2020, 11:04:54 am »

Nope, that's not the US.
Hah! Sounds like someone's never been white in the South! Legendary hospitality, I tells ya...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19984 on: January 16, 2020, 12:10:34 pm »

Nope, that's not the US.
I'm a little confused as to what point you're trying to make, here. Do families and friend groups not exist in the States? I somehow doubt that, considering much of my all-too-brief visit to the place was spent in the company of various relatives over there whom I had never met.
...They were also pretty dang helpful and accommodating, for that matter!

They did have considerably more resources with which to help than the folks I am relying on/inconveniencing so greatly in this case, though.

Edit: I just complimented an attractive female by likening her makeup to Grumpy Cat. I genuinely meant it as a positive thing, but still.
Fortunately I only know this person across the vast gulf of the interwebs, so if her reaction is unkind I will hopefully be safe from her wrath.

Who knows, maybe the similarity was intentional. *shrug*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:20:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19985 on: January 16, 2020, 01:29:29 pm »

Wind blew a piece of wood off a building and it hit and killed a random woman just walking down the street. This was just a few blocks from work.

I didn’t need more shit to be paranoid about

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19986 on: January 16, 2020, 01:51:00 pm »

"Woman gets surprise pounding from thick wood on street in public"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19987 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:25 pm »

Wind blew a piece of wood off a building and it hit and killed a random woman just walking down the street. This was just a few blocks from work.

I didn’t need more shit to be paranoid about
That's just what the news says to coverup another successful vampire hunt

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19988 on: January 16, 2020, 03:19:35 pm »

Nope, that's not the US.

I'm a little confused as to what point you're trying to make, here. Do families and friend groups not exist in the States? I somehow doubt that, considering much of my all-too-brief visit to the place was spent in the company of various relatives over there whom I had never met.
...They were also pretty dang helpful and accommodating, for that matter!

They did have considerably more resources with which to help than the folks I am relying on/inconveniencing so greatly in this case, though.

Mostly joking about most people not being willing to help anyone else here.

Edit: I just complimented an attractive female

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19989 on: January 16, 2020, 03:26:41 pm »

Supplies and money are running dangerously short again. The sales job is in a dead stalemate and the people from the wundebar job I was even walked in already hasn't spoke or returned my calls or messages back. At this point I'm confident it was a malicious prank of sorts. We are programming a round trip to the frontier again in a few months.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19990 on: January 17, 2020, 04:36:36 pm »

Supplies and money are running dangerously short again. The sales job is in a dead stalemate and the people from the wundebar job I was even walked in already hasn't spoke or returned my calls or messages back. At this point I'm confident it was a malicious prank of sorts. We are programming a round trip to the frontier again in a few months.
They could be incredibly laid back people or old fashioned sort who prefer speaking face to face

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19991 on: January 23, 2020, 06:56:10 pm »

The Wuhan virus situation is getting worse...

8 cities have been put on lockdown
Over 20 million people; largest quarantine in history
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:26:25 pm by TamerVirus »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19992 on: January 23, 2020, 07:14:53 pm »

They could be incredibly laid back people or old fashioned sort who prefer speaking face to face
In fact got a call, I start Monday
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19993 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:46 pm »

The Wuhan virus situation is getting worse...

8 cities have been put on lockdown
Over 20 million people; largest quarantine in history

It looks like YOU need to get on top of things

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19994 on: January 23, 2020, 10:34:18 pm »

Don't all zombie  movies start like this?
Pages: 1 ... 1331 1332 [1333] 1334 1335 ... 1419