Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1788043 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20340 on: June 11, 2020, 02:50:42 am »

I had yet another fucked up nightmare and woke up screaming.

I'm beginning to write down the basic plot in order to try to turn these into short horror stories sometime
.... What's the basic plot?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: June 11, 2020, 04:07:36 am »

I had yet another fucked up nightmare and woke up screaming.

I'm beginning to write down the basic plot in order to try to turn these into short horror stories sometime
.... What's the basic plot?
Twilight zone format. An office worker gets a surprise inheritance from his work colleague who has suddenly passed away and apparently had more savings than people expected. Not "filthy rich" savings, but decent money, think 200.000 £. He learns this from the deceased man's attorney and will executor, who also happens to belong to the same church as the deceased.
There's one caveat. As per the will, however, he has to partake in the funeral with the other parishioners, which includes both the rites and the banquet afterwards.

(The inheritor doesn't notice, but you as the omniscient viewer notice there's a lot of odd shit in the document, that the banquet menu uses a lot of gratuitious french for the ellaborate plates which have highly suspicious names, and that the churchgoes' elegy has an odd choice of adjectives when praising their late friend... "scrumptious, delectable...")

At this point you see where this is going. The main character doesnt and he attends the banquet, where HE is being served by the other funeral atrendants the dishes. Think a creepy noveau cuisine restaurant with the chef hounding you.  Main character starts eating one dish, but beneath the heavy use of condiments he perceives something very strange, so he refuses to eat any more. At that point the cult starts to hound him insisting that he has to finish the dishes or there would be consequences.  They wait for him at his apartment, they follow him throguh the street. They are not threatening him directly but they are very insistent on the menu.

The main character slams.the apartment door on them, but at that point he starts having visions of his dead workmate who follows him around nonstop.

Anddd.. then I wake up
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: June 11, 2020, 04:22:26 am »

"It's...   it's a cookbook!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:47 am »

Yes, the caterers of the wake were truly knew how to serve man.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: June 11, 2020, 05:25:23 am »

Huh. There's a decent novel in there. Consumption of flesh leading to hauntings, roomfuls of crazy fanatics, sums of money at steak stake?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: June 11, 2020, 07:45:45 am »

college make brain cry sql bad please end life
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: June 11, 2020, 08:50:54 am »

Not college makes me cry
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: June 11, 2020, 09:04:06 am »

AAAAAHH IT'S A GHOST     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: June 11, 2020, 09:18:16 am »

college make brain cry sql bad please end life
We welcome you back during these trying times  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: June 12, 2020, 06:32:55 pm »

In the movie Rudolph's Shiny New Year, an island is created every year on New Years day. On this island, things remain as they were in that year forever. One Million BC is dinosaurs and cavemen, 1776 is a perpetual Fourth of July celebration, 1023 is fairy tales, and so on.

And then I imagined living on the 2020 island.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: June 12, 2020, 06:55:15 pm »

I’m sticking this here becaise we don’t have a podcast thread yet, and it’s a podcast that scared me shitless.

I started watching the magnus archives a long time ago, and I’ve long since finished the archives and gotten up to date, but I’ve only recently come to realise why it was so good or why it completely terrified me so much.

Because these stories aren’t about cursed people, they aren’t about arseholes or idiots asking for it to happen making stupid decisions constantly, the stories are about perfectly normal people, who make sensible, rational decisions, and who rarely had any direct part in causing what happened. Often things happen related to their likes or hobbies, becoming or starting out as situations completely beyond their control. People’s lives are ruined or destroyed, and simply because they were unlucky. Often, we’re just seeing the aftermath. The characters don’t feel like archetypes or tropes, they feel like perfectly oripdinary people, with quirks and uniqueness to them that make them feel like anyone you might meet on the street, or become friends with, or be.

These stories are so scary because if you were in the setting of the world, your life could be destroyed forever or you could witness something truly horrifying entirely because of bad luck, and often literally nothing else. And that’s how good horror is done.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: June 13, 2020, 05:27:16 am »

You could make a thread for posting both interesting videos and podcasts in.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: June 13, 2020, 06:09:08 am »

In the movie Rudolph's Shiny New Year, an island is created every year on New Years day. On this island, things remain as they were in that year forever. One Million BC is dinosaurs and cavemen, 1776 is a perpetual Fourth of July celebration, 1023 is fairy tales, and so on.

And then I imagined living on the 2020 island.
I don't think 2020 island would last very long, with all the riots and looting, and the Corona virus to finish everything off.

And given how this year's going we could get invaded by aliens or have a nuclear war by the end of it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: June 13, 2020, 06:37:05 am »

I started watching the magnus archives a

What's this? Is it a spooky podcast?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: June 13, 2020, 07:05:55 am »

I'm scared every day. I just don't know what to do.

I remembered the other day, I'm 31 years old. (It doesn't feel like it, when can I throw in the towel?)

And I remembered I quit my job just in time for this quarantine bullshit, and I've been unemployed for almost three and a half months now. I still have money, I'm not worried, I just don't know how I'll reintegrate into society. I don't know.

I'm sorry, I'm tired and my thinking is incoherent.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1419