Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758140 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20940 on: September 23, 2021, 01:14:39 pm »

it might have been a blood vessel bursting on the back your nose or something due exertion.

Im glad you feel better, but you still should have a check, just in case 
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: September 24, 2021, 11:28:44 am »

My own fucking reflection.

My dumb stupid idiot, foggy as fuck brain somehow forgot that mirrors existed this morning, so as I dragged my feet towards the kitchen by the coat stand and the long and narrow mirror attached to it for my morning coffee, from the corner of my eye I saw this slumped figure in twilight right next to for a split second.

As I made a husky low pitch yelp, my own terrified face greeted me. I was scared out of my mind for a second there, it took me a moment to recognise my own face.

At least it woke me up for good.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #20942 on: September 24, 2021, 03:38:20 pm »

When I was newly single a few years back, I was still adjusting to living alone a few weeks after. Was prepping to call it a night, so I headed past my bedroom towards the bathroom when, from the corner of my eye, I saw someone in my bed. Brain did that silent shriek until it understood that it was just some blankets kinked some way, but for a hot minute there, that cross in wires where your brain understands nobody's there any more, expects someone to be there from memory, and then sees someone there anyways, bbrgh. Metaphorically speaking, I'd seen a ghost.

More recently, I was cleaning the kitchen and swept a big ol' dust bunny out from under the fridge- nasty fuzzy gray thing on the move! I definitely yelped, hahahaha.

Brains are dumb, but the living is good.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20943 on: September 25, 2021, 06:20:21 am »

My own fucking reflection.

My dumb stupid idiot, foggy as fuck brain somehow forgot that mirrors existed this morning, so as I dragged my feet towards the kitchen by the coat stand and the long and narrow mirror attached to it for my morning coffee, from the corner of my eye I saw this slumped figure in twilight right next to for a split second.

As I made a husky low pitch yelp, my own terrified face greeted me. I was scared out of my mind for a second there, it took me a moment to recognise my own face.

At least it woke me up for good.
At least this tells you your instincts are calibrated right

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20944 on: September 25, 2021, 07:28:15 am »

Not really terrified, but along the lines of a real-life jump scare: I was sitting at my computer desk, and a mouse literally ran across my foot.  At least I was wearing socks.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20945 on: September 25, 2021, 11:52:25 am »

Heh, in our old house we used to have big crows sit on the roof so I got used to a certain "claw on metal" sound. In our current house I heard something similar from time to time... But then I also started hearing it at night. And then on day I actually saw a mouse climbing my metal paper bin and jump into the trashbag. I had to smack that bag on the floor outside, poor mousehad a gruesome blunt trauma death signified by a few drops of blood out of the nose. But I felt even more sorry when a few days later another mouse took some huge risk in the middle of the day to look in the bin shortly thereafter... I'm pretty sure it missed the other mouse  :'(. But I saw it flee and was able to locate and seal the hole they kept slipping out from. The duct tape held strong sofar, between the sticky "wall" and the poison I put out behind it,I think it's pretty clear to them not to try and bite their way through
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: September 25, 2021, 07:47:48 pm »

BWAH just about jumped out of my skin - the mouse was walking across my desk behind my monitor where I have all the cables and power supplies and stuff.

Seriously mouse, do you not smell the nice peanut butter in the trap on the floor not 6 feet away?

EDIT: and of course I will likely jump if the trap does go off, since it's behind me and off to the side slightly...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20947 on: September 25, 2021, 07:53:45 pm »

Seriously mouse, do you not smell the nice peanut butter in the trap on the floor not 6 feet away?

It knows its a trap. Natural Selection made them extra smart.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: September 25, 2021, 11:37:39 pm »

BWAH just about jumped out of my skin - the mouse was walking across my desk behind my monitor where I have all the cables and power supplies and stuff.

EDIT: and of course I will likely jump if the trap does go off, since it's behind me and off to the side slightly...

Get a cat friend. That animal is smarter than any trap on the market. It won’t stop until every mouse is gone.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20949 on: September 26, 2021, 12:33:13 am »

Get a cat friend. That animal is smarter than any trap on the market. It won’t stop until every mouse is gone.
Depends; my ginger cat will rarely catch a mouse if he feels like it. My black and white cat is the T-1000 of mouse catchers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20950 on: September 26, 2021, 05:11:06 am »

Had a mouse running around my house awhile back and I saw it dart into the bathroom a couple of times but I could never find it, and then a little bit later I go in there to find the mouse had committed suicide in the toilet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20951 on: September 26, 2021, 06:51:02 am »

I could probably tolerate a cat, but the wife's allergic.

I did find a trapped mouse this morning. Not in the trap in my office, but in the utility room on the other side of the wall from my office.  Of course, I don't know if it's the desk-walking mouse or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20952 on: September 26, 2021, 07:52:15 am »

That sounds like an infestation dude.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20953 on: September 26, 2021, 08:12:20 am »

Do you live pretty far north/south? If it's starting to cool down, they're probably seeking out refuge for the winter.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20954 on: September 26, 2021, 10:18:42 am »

Probably north, south has spring starting now.
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 [1397] 1398 1399 ... 1419