Poll

Who should we follow next?

Jose
- 8 (42.1%)
Ruby
- 11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: You Are the Zombie Apocalypse! - Outbreak  (Read 32015 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You Are the Zombie Apocalypse! - Outbreak
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:00:07 pm »

You Are the The Zombie Apocalypse!

If you are reading and participating in this thread, please do not post in or participate in Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse!

Check this post to see current status.

You are the cause of a worldwide zombie epidemic!
Or, at least, you will be. Your goal is to destroy humanity via the living dead.There are a couple of important decisions to be made first, though.
What kind of zombie plague are you?
What kind of zombies do you create?
How do people become zombies, and how can your zombies be destroyed?

As the game progresses you will earn more and more "Mutation Points", to allow your zombie swarms to become even larger and more dangerous. Mutation Points can be spent an various abilities - be warned, though, that some of them may come with unintended side effects!

You are a small outbreak!
Spoiler: Personal Statistics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:08:56 pm by GlyphGryph »

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are the The Zombie Apocalypse!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:04:21 pm »

I submit spore!

All the other zombie types and how it has been spread has been played off before, let's invent a new...ish type of way for people to become undead. So Spores! that grow in small pods off of the infected zombie(host) and go off whenever the pod is full or whenever it is agitated/hit. Thus killing a Zombie could get you infected if you are close enough or downwind.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are the Zombie Apocalypse!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:16 pm »

That would probably be an upgrade for Viral (which I've now changed to Infectious to allow bacteria and other stuff too) or Parasite, depending on which direction you'd want to go with it.

Both of them have quite a few interesting upgrades for Transmission Vectors.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trade? No, mister elf. I expect you to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:26:03 pm »

Looks interesting! :D I'm about to cast a vote for Necromantic, but what's the time line for destroying humanity? I imagine that thoroughly decayed zombies would fare better via Necromancy. Though would time even be an issue for Infections & Parasites?

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »

New Type: Chemical. The Chemical in question is a compound originally intended to promote rapid regeneration of cells. Unfortunately, it also suppresses higher brain functions and causes the "infected" being to develop a ravenous hunger so as to provide materials for cellular regeneration. The infected produced are of average human size and strength (for now), but they have the nasty tendency to regenerate their wounds. The more wounded they become, the more determined they become. This is true to such an end that they will often-times cause more catastrophic damage to themselves to feed. They still feel pain, and increase in huger (and thus determination) is far outstripped by the pain response that still lingers in the subject. (Thus, large amounts of damage will cause the infected to flinch or flee depending upon the level of suppression- as a general rule, the longer someone has been infected, the more functions are suppressed, the more pain-resistant the infected is.) The only way to stop them is to destroy their brain tissue. (Or separate it from the body entirely. Beware, the heads bite.) However, a chemical agent has low mutation potential at first, but as the outbreak continues, the agent changes chemically as it interacts with other substances that cause it to degrade and/or change. The chemical is produced by specialized cells in the liver when the subject ingests the chemical it is spread by the bile produced by the liver. If an infected is incapable of feeding, it will attempt to coat the target in bile vomited forth from the stomach.

How's that?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:40:24 pm by Kilowatt »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:26 pm »

How would the chemical spread? Would it have to be from some central source/organization producing and distributing more of it?

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:42:56 pm »

See: developed as a drug to promote rapid regeneration.

In this case, it's touted as a miracle drug by a pharmaceutical company. The chemical's effects weren't manifested in the test subjects when it went through trial, as the chemical was modified behind the FDA's back after the trials, thus resulting in the untested and dangerous new drug that has been pre-ordered by the majority of the country's hospitals. So the main hotspots would be hospitals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 11:51:42 pm »

So... Bioshock zombies, then?

I warn you, without an obvious transmission vector this will be a tough path, but it should be doable.
(Necromantic has the benefit of not NEEDING a transmission vector)

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »

Obvious transmission vector? Vomit and/or bile contains the chemical. (referring to humans here)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 12:00:39 am »

I'm voting for necromantic, because it has the benefit of being able to take people once they die, and opposed to the others where if they die they can't turn.
Can the chemical turn dead people into zombies?

And yeah, the chemical zombies produce the chemical, so it should be easily spreadable (side note: does it infect only humans?)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 12:03:39 am »

This one also chose to vote for necromantic, both for bigger numbers and becouse it's a classic.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:40 am »

changed my mind, i think i would prefer virus, because having boss zombies, (like left4dead or resident evil), is fun and awsome, in addition to the possibility of infecting animals to spread the infection.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 12:14:25 am »

I'll vote for Necromantic, on grounds that magic is fun.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:08 am »

I'm voting for necromantic, because it has the benefit of being able to take people once they die, and opposed to the others where if they die they can't turn.

Not necessarily true. It certainly starts that way, mind you, but thats what Mutations are for!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 08:57:56 am »

I'll let voting continue until noon, and then I will do a new poll for the top 2 choices (currently looking to be necromantic or parasitic)

Examples of Each:
Necromantic - Dawn of the Dead, Die2Nite, The Walking Dead
Infectious - 28 Days Later, Left4Dead, The Zombie Hunters
Parasitic - Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5, X-Com
Chemical - Planet Terror, Bioshock
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25