Poll

Who should we follow next?

Jose
- 8 (42.1%)
Ruby
- 11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: You Are the Zombie Apocalypse! - Outbreak  (Read 32004 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: You Are the Zombie Apocalypse! - Patient Zero
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »

As a Hobo in detroit, do we even need to bite others? If we can pick up a can of soda, or some food, we can simply take a sip or a bite out of the food item and SHARE it with other hungry hobos: wouldn't "Transmission: Body Fluids" (i.e. Saliva) do the trick?

Unfortunately, your parasite larva is not powerful enough to burrow through the skin or mobile enough to find another way into the body. It needs to either be ingested or have direct access to the bloodstream to infect the host. If, however, you purchase and develop an actual larval form, this is definitely an option.

Oh,  Glyph. I have to ask you something: In the stats, when we get more zombies, can we have a stat that says the amount of zombies we have?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:25 pm »

Well, uh, I guess we should walk around abandoned areas of the city biting hobos untill one of them turns out to have a gun or somthing. We'll probably get a decent first generation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »

Well, uh, I guess we should walk around abandoned areas of the city biting hobos untill one of them turns out to have a gun or somthing. We'll probably get a decent first generation.

This is a good idea, but after eating hobos and not getting killed, you should move on up to random people!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »

Oh,  Glyph. I have to ask you something: In the stats, when we get more zombies, can we have a stat that says the amount of zombies we have?
Yes.

Also, another option is to increase your survivability outside of the host, and get into things people would eat and whatnot. Then spitting, bleeding, etc. on things people would eat would prove a valid transmission vectory. I don't think I'm going to count sweat as a bodily fluid though.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2010, 06:14:23 pm »

With us being 'simple' and 'unaware' I think non-aggressive spreading is beyond us for a while, though those we infect will certainly do so unintentionally. Though I wonder if food and drink would really work, could whatever is in the bodily fluids survive digestion long enough to develop and start burrowing into the brain? Seeing how many questions I've been asking maybe I'm over thinking things a bit. GlyphGryph has already sort of answered that by saying that it works, but that was a new reply when I hit the post button.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2010, 06:16:46 pm »

Yes.

Also, another option is to increase your survivability outside of the host, and get into things people would eat and whatnot. Then spitting, bleeding, etc. on things people would eat would prove a valid transmission vectory. I don't think I'm going to count sweat as a bodily fluid though.

I didn't think sweating would make sense as a infectious substance.

Hobo: Baaaaaaaaaah....
Man: Hey, why are you sweating on me and going Baaaaaaah?
Hobo: Oh, sorry. This is just how I meet people.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2010, 06:25:10 pm »

I think that we should, after getting a few more points, make the early stages of the disease be
"!!!NEED TO HAVE SEX NOW!!!". would speed up infection, especially if we get into a college.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2010, 06:26:35 pm »

I think that we should, after getting a few more points, make the early stages of the disease be
"!!!NEED TO HAVE SEX NOW!!!". would speed up infection, especially if we get into a college.

If our hobo gets some money, we can go into a brothel!

Prostitute apocalypse, anyone?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:04 pm »

HOBOANDPROSTITUTOCOLYPSE!
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2010, 06:31:19 pm »

HOBOANDPROSTITUTOCOLYPSE!

You know, when you think about it, our society has a ton of ways to be taken over by a zombie apocalypse.

Sex and hobos are just one of the ways zombies can kill us all.

I'd never think I'd say that, but I did.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »

I just realized that by the end of the game we may have mutated out of the zombie stage.
that would be... interesting...
Vampire Blood Farms anyone?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:40 pm »

I just realized that by the end of the game we may have mutated out of the zombie stage.
that would be... interesting...
Vampire Blood Farms anyone?

I think by that point, the game ends.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:46 pm »

Best apocalypse ever.

Though I'm left slightly bemused that we are targeting groups that have a fairly high chance of having our weakness. I guess that's what happens when you design a zombie apocalypse by committee.

Edit: Also interesting that this has 10 pages compared to the others 2. I guess they are waiting for the zombie apocalypse to happen before they can really do anything.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:38:14 pm by Strange guy »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2010, 06:35:53 pm »

Best apocalypse ever.

Though I'm left slightly bemused that we are targeting groups that have a fairly high chance of having our weakness. I guess that's what happens when you design a zombie apocalypse by committee.

What do you want then? Rich people and doctors? That would be useful and not really that fun!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2010, 06:39:46 pm »

Can we add weaknesses/mutations whenever? If so, I propose that we become vulnerable to our own blood (the blood of the individual, not any zombie), which presumably would be a very common weakness,and then evolve corrosive blood+exploding upon death.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25