Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why are you here? Oh. I see.  (Read 2859 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Why are you here? Oh. I see.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 07:10:36 am »

Okay, I just worked it out: Download Dfusion(Obviously :P ), extract it and run the .exe. It comes up with a list of options, type '6' for tools, '4' to swap an adventurer, and then it comes up with a list of creatures in the area.
Just type in the name or number of the one you want, press enter, and done! Leave the window open at that screen, too, I think. :)
I think I did all that right...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 07:44:47 am »

extremely helpful post is extremely helpful.

Thanks! The only method I knew currently was that weird cage-trap thing. That won't work because I have no cage traps.
I left my adventurer standing next to the elf and played in another world testing out how to level up extreeemely low level characters. I think I can do well by this guy!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

WAIT, WAIT WAIT.... Holy ****!!
I haven't worked it out!! D: I just caused the most insane glitch, trying to do bodyswapping...
Fast-travelling seems to do CREEEPY things when you're body-swapped...
Say hello to the new me! 8) :

...Yeah... All I did was, I made an orc peasant in Genesis, went to a night creature's lair and swapped to it, then killed my orc... I had grand plans to go kidnap some orcs from the nearby towns, but I fast-traveled there, and suddenly I was an orc shogun living in the town?! So I went back to the lair to try and kill my night creature self, and... I was a third character, I've never heard of them before but they were deceased...
So I went into the Dfusion window and exited, and now I'M SOME FORGOTTEN BEAST PEASANT MILES UNDER THE GROUND. Whaaat.

...Totally not complaining. This is awesome! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 08:55:40 am »

Haha! Ok. I want to hear all about the Forgotten Beast peasant. That is awesome.

Yoink - I don't suppose you could upload that broken, broken save to the depot?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:13:52 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 09:01:22 am »

Ive always wanted to be a forgotten beast human - Its like being a Lost Adventurer in Genesis; It just has a certain style in my opinion
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 09:43:03 am »

hmm by glitch you mean teleport to some distant lands miles away from where you originally selected?
Yeah the counter to that is sleeping/waiting for 1 hour in that body and try again it's usually happens to new bodies you swap to. If you completely Scared off of swappin' bods then you should have just use the creature follow option. I was trying to originally capture companions and see if I can store them

Also peasant is what All creatures with no class are called.
cats/dogs are called peasants in their respected class if you controlled them.
oh also when you travel your last character should be still in the area.

Like the night creature is still in the town you swap to the shogun you going back to the cave(dropping the shogun in the area) swap to back to your dead husk seeing how you KILL your self(all the time I cage trap swap the only way to stop was either death/perma retirement seeing how you just kill the body you own now or returning to the last spot your body was).
you luck you don't have a companion doing this or you would end up Crashing the game instantly from swapping to one of them and traveling out. 

You may enjoy your forgotten beast now underground but you can remove him/her/it from that "can't travel" area by swapping back to the shogun if you remember the orc's name or race number(shouldn't be that hard to pick up a named creature) and use the make creature follow on the beast then travel.

hope this helps you because you must now swap back to the shogun or FB to safely travel anywhere because due to the game can't find the original adventurer(who is dead) it will randomly swap around.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]