Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a couple of questions about juice gain  (Read 909 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
a couple of questions about juice gain
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »

I'm not seeing any increase in juice with my sleepers.  Is this a bug, am I impatient, or other?
When I kidnap, the rehabilitated individuals don't gain juice -- same as above

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: a couple of questions about juice gain
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:44:04 am »

Sleepers don't gain juice automatically. They need to be doing something more than just advocating. Stealing and embezzling do the trick, as far as I can remember. Sleeper lawyers also gain/lose juice based on their success on trials. Rehabbed people do gain juice normally, at least mine do. What are you trying to do with them, are you sure the action in question should award juice?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:45:51 pm »

Sleepers don't gain juice automatically. They need to be doing something more than just advocating. Stealing and embezzling do the trick, as far as I can remember. Sleeper lawyers also gain/lose juice based on their success on trials. Rehabbed people do gain juice normally, at least mine do. What are you trying to do with them, are you sure the action in question should award juice?
It may have been a bug or something, but I had a rehab who didn't seem to be getting any juice and couldn't recruit either.
how often does embezzling etc., happen?

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:34:46 am »

At the end of each month. You'll see it in your month-end report.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 03:20:39 am »

It may have been a bug or something, but I had a rehab who didn't seem to be getting any juice and couldn't recruit either.
how often does embezzling etc., happen?

Rehabbed people can never recruit in any way apart from brainwashing conservatives themselves. This is because they don't add to the converting liberal's subordinate list. If they could recruit normally, it would be bloody easy to construct huge organizations with brainwashed people doing the recruiting.

On the other hand, while their recruiting abilities are crippled, rehabbed people have a few benefits: They will stay in LCS until there are no "real" liberals to keep an eye on then (normal liberals will leave if their direct superior or love master dies). Rehabbed people are immune to conversion attacks as well.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:06 am »

Brainwashed people can also seduce.  This can net them at least one new recruit, but seduced recruits can not be promoted, thus the brainwashed person is necessary to keep their lover in the organization.

Don't forget that regular recruits can be promoted, so if there is someone you like, you may want to promote them so they don't leave if their recruiter dies.