Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: A Better Magma Pump Stack  (Read 145776 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: A Better Magma Pump Stack
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, 02:14:01 am »

You could also do Dariush's reservoir-less pumpstack.  Essentially it makes the fluid just pass straight up to the next pump without settling so it can't fall.  I think it can get a bit messy when the pumpstack stops though.  I cant remember if it improved the FPS any over NecroRebel's design.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2011, 06:29:48 am »

Yes, it's exactly like a normal pump stack except for the expanded reservoirs, so the 2 tiles of each pump is directly above the 2 tiles of the pump below it, and each pump pumps out of the center of the reservoir that the pump below fills. There are other ways to do it, but they're less space-efficient and don't really have any benefits.

Now it's time to go play with magma for the first time and see how much fun I can have :D
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »

I've made a 100 level pump stack with the standard 1 tile reservoir and my fps only dropped slightly, less then it does before seiges.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 08:47:29 am »

I've made a 100 level pump stack with the standard 1 tile reservoir and my fps only dropped slightly, less then it does before seiges.

Was it a magma or water stack? Do you have temperature turned off?

Ethnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 11:37:53 am »

I had 149 level magma stack with temperature enabled in vanilla 31.25 and no real FPS drop after starting the engine. I've read the info on wiki about the FPS drop, but wanted to see this drop myself.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]