Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Battleships Forever: It still lives. Again.  (Read 13897 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships Forever: It liiiiiiiiiiiives!
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 09:37:25 pm »

Nice ship itnetlolor
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships Forever: It liiiiiiiiiiiives!
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 09:59:40 pm »

And what are the tournaments I'm reading Alton the forums? Thought it wasn't multiplayer?
Sandbox mode and custom encounters, I assume.
This.

Also, remember the old stuff I was going to post? Here you go.

That's all I could salvage. At one point, the massive station had a BIGLARGEHUGE cannon on it, but I couldn't fix it.
Edit:
Just made something neat.

Here's what the cannon does:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:46:50 pm by Orangebottle »
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships Forever: It liiiiiiiiiiiives! AGAIN!
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 03:11:45 am »

This feels like necroooomancy but meh, I don't feel like making a new bloody topic. :P

I finally discovered the MIRV 2 test build after it apparently sat in general discussion for a year. Weapons track better and there are armor mechanics. Also, PROXIMITY FUSED AUTOCANNONS! Seriously, those things are amazing. Oh yeah, and a missile-trail-generating thruster is thrown in there.

On the downside, flares don't work.

:/

Well, as apologies for my hiatus, have a bunch of ship pics.

Coal Miner (An independent raiding cruiser, obviously not a reference to one of Phantom's characters at all.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stavos (First ship I made using the MIRV 2 thing, okay, currently the only one. Taught me a valuable lesson: Don't cram wildly different kinds of sections onto one ship. :P Also a reference to Phantom because why the hell not. Note: The front triangular part opens up so the main beamer can fire. Sadly, I'm too lazy to make an animation. =P)

Magma (This ship has lots of it. It's very explosive, but also used as a wall. Very dwarfy. :3)

Whale (An experiment in nonstandard ship design. The tail swings back and forth on its own, thus saturating a wide area with autocannon fire. Designed to be used to clear lots of weak ships. Also has a pair of HunterKiller missiles for the dodgy ones.)

Hercules Interstellar Freighter (A rather fluff-heavy civilian ship.)

Euler's Identity (Made as an example for a math-themed shipbuilding contest that no one really tried at. >_> The idea of the ship was that it had everything, like the titular equation.)

Ursula (A tank, pure and simple, made for my all-stock fleet. Obscene amount of PD and Aegis, but hardly any power given its size. It has Teslas for rear protection. XP Also, in the final version of this the Sabot Cannon was removed due to doing far too much damage.)

Catfish Cruiser (A fairly distinctive cruiser I built on a whim, with much audience participation. Sadly, different audience.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:13:51 am by Twi »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships Forever: So like, it's dead....OR IS IT!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:49 am »

Don't know how this topic evaded my prying eyes, possibly because my computer croaked around the first necro.

Anyway, I've gotten a bit lazy about making more ships, but I did finish the New Atriir fleet... Probably should upload that sometime. As always my thread is in my signature.

....And why is SHAD0Wdump banned from BSF forums anyways? O_o
Because a person like SWS exists, and worse yet is a moderator.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Battleships Forever: It still lives. Again.
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:06 am »

One thing I really hate about BSF is that getting weapon stats across ships is an absolute pain in the ass. I basically quit BSF due to that.

Hm, I figure I should show off my few ships I did make before I lost interest. Behold my (slight) awesomeness. All are without their shields so you can see the details. Yes, I was cheap and used static engine exhausts. So sue me.

Spoiler: Balos Cruiser (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unnamed battleship (click to show/hide)

Anyway, huh, I never noticed the Meta 2 version. I'll have to check that out after DF.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:49 am »

@Tarran: I just open two Shipbuilder programs at once and look off the old one. I used to be annoyed by it too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

I actually just log all the changes from stock versions of the weapon to a text file typically. When I don't though I do the double shipmaker solution.

Examples:
-Grand Thunderbolt(tesla): 15.62, health 90000, turn 8, range 2000, dam 250, arc range 30, f/c/r 10/5/450, stream color purple, stream dur 3, init dev 8, hit width 3, hit amp 120, hit freq 12, core alpha .8, color alpha .6, miss width 2, miss freq 12
-Cold Fusion Blast(turreted): 5.35, (slave, mega tachyon) scale x/y -.6/.4, dev 0, dam 1, f/c/r SLAVE, tach life 1, color blue, (slave, megabeamer) scale y .7, dev 0, range 1500, dam 50, f/c/r SLAVE, beam dur 3, color blue, (slave, beamer) scale y .4, dev 0, range 1500, dam 50, f/c/r SLAVE, beam dur 3, burst 3, color light blue(lower), (driver) range 1500, rel 210
-Flamethrower(partical cannon): 2.53, x/y scale .7, dev 4, range 500, dam 5, f/c/r 1/45/106, bul spd 14, sub dam 1, sub spd 2, sub life 30, sub spread 180, bul x/y scale 1, custom sprite SEN_flamethrowerfix, bul sprite spr_Beam1Shoot, bul color white, shrap sprite spr_Beam1Hit

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »

I've used both of those solutions before. They're still too much effort compared to my patience, especially when I use multiple different kinds of weapons.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]