Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves stuck in doors when they place them  (Read 1102 times)

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves stuck in doors when they place them
« on: February 21, 2024, 07:01:21 pm »

Hey there,

I'm currently having a problem in which whenever my dwarves place a door down they get stuck and can't move. Has anyone else suffered this before? I'm using the 47.05 version.

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves stuck in doors when they place them
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 07:12:37 pm »

Update: Saving the game and getting in the save again solves it. But I hope there's a more permanent solution than that :(

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 02:35:28 am »

Have you tried upgrading?  50.12 is already in beta.

Also, AFAIK, there will be no more updates for 0.47.x.  All new updates will be to the 50.x versions (including both Steam/Itch.IO versions and the Classic version).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 05:55:14 pm »

Have you tried upgrading?  50.12 is already in beta.

Also, AFAIK, there will be no more updates for 0.47.x.  All new updates will be to the 50.x versions (including both Steam/Itch.IO versions and the Classic version).

I'd love to, but I like using the newb pack for the graphics. I plan on buying the game on Steam, but I'm Brazilian and the conversion rates are insane between reais and dollars lol So I'll need to wait a bit more before I can buy it.

In case I relent, is it possible to update the game safely and still keep my world and save?

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 07:06:36 pm »

It seems the problem happens not only with doors, but with construction I place. Yeah, I might have to just accept that I won't be able to have graphics lol Will my game break if I keep the world and save but change the version?

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 09:01:12 pm »

I am playing 47.05 and have not encountered this.

Random questions: any mods? Any utilities running? Any problems with corrupted saves? Any burrows active? Do the stuck dwarves show as Idle, or still performing the job?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 11:59:47 pm »

Hey and welcome back. I'm on a DF break at the moment, will be until November of this year, but anyways my experience with 47.05 is... this doesn't happen. Usually. It might be because you have burrows set up, or pathing issues.

One way to solve this issue might be to retire the fortress and pick it back up. Make sure you keep a backup save though beforehand, and YES it will screw over some things and dwarves MAY decide to emigrate.

You might be able to upgrade to 50.11 classic - again, try it but backup the save beforehand.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 12:36:13 am »

Will my game break if I keep the world and save but change the version?
No flavor of v50 can load pre-v50 saves, the game won't even try.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.