Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 256433 times)

Urist McBusDriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »

P.S. Can someone give me a link that will tell me about BoatMurdered?
The first link is wrong:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=boatmurdered

;-)
Of course, since he doesn't actually walk around counting things, we can only assume that bookkeeping time is spent in deep meditation, psychically sensing exactly how many piles of orthoclase there are. It takes a while to hone a skill like that.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »

890: You still hear the music from fortress mode after youve played even though you know youve closed the application and there is no one in the house that is playing DF other than you...

....Srsly this weird shit is happening to me as I am typing this...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #692 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:13 pm »

890: You still hear the music from fortress mode after youve played even though you know youve closed the application and there is no one in the house that is playing DF other than you...

Live in Washington? See if there's a guy with a goatee next door playing acoustic guitar.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 25, 2011, 09:39:19 pm »

Live in Washington? See if there's a guy with a goatee next door playing acoustic guitar.
Of course, if that is what you see, you'll never be able to report back that you saw it, as by that point Scamps will have moved into flanking position and taken aim at your vital regions.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 25, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »

so ive googled for a bit and the best i could find was this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_ear_syndrome and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_hallucination
but im pretty sure i dont suffer from any hearing loss i could hear pretty fine except for this dwarf fortress tune i keep hearing...
and im not crazy...my adventure mode characters are.. but not me...

maybe i should stop playing for a while....

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:30:39 pm by em312s0n »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 25, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »

891: You measure temperature in Urists, length and with in squares, height in z-levels, and value in whatever you decided to name the sun symbol thingies.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 25, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

891: You measure temperature in Urists, length and with in squares, height in z-levels, and value in whatever you decided to name the sun symbol thingies.

They are cubes, so "tiles" is an acceptable unit of measure for length, width, and height. 

So is "Two Beard Decades", the distance a beard will grow in a decade, which is the length of a single side of a tile.  As in, the average dwarven room in my fortress is four beard decades by four beard decades by two beard decades in size.

Since a beard decade is about 5', two beard years is 1', and a beard month is half an inch.  The beard day is currently the finest unit of dwarven measurement.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 26, 2011, 03:34:50 am »

They are cubes, so "tiles" is an acceptable unit of measure for length, width, and height. 

So is "Two Beard Decades", the distance a beard will grow in a decade, which is the length of a single side of a tile.  As in, the average dwarven room in my fortress is four beard decades by four beard decades by two beard decades in size.

Since a beard decade is about 5', two beard years is 1', and a beard month is half an inch.  The beard day is currently the finest unit of dwarven measurement.
I still profess that it is all Urists
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 26, 2011, 03:40:40 am »

892: That you franticly search for soap whenever you get a little cut
893: that you dig a downward ramp in your garden...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:28 am »

893: You have applied to the SI to have all the units as "Urists"
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 26, 2011, 08:29:09 am »

895: You wonder why you cant get grass to grow in the cavern below your house.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #701 on: February 26, 2011, 08:30:29 am »

896. Any place where light has ever touched before is permanently lighted.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:43 am »

897: You know the exact rate at which a beard grows and you use it to measure time.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 26, 2011, 12:02:00 pm »

897: You know the exact rate at which a beard grows and you use it to measure time.

Distance! 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 26, 2011, 12:45:49 pm »

Distance!
898: You have gotten into an argument over whether beards should be used to measure time or distance, despite being able to use it as both, because there can only be one beard based unit of measuerment!
899: There can only be one beard based unit of measument, however at the same time this unit of measurment is- like all other units of measurement- called a Urist.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 112