Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 256655 times)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #705 on: February 26, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

900 You call every dwarf Urist, but actually you know at least the five most comon names by heart.

For instance:
Urist, Urvad, Soren, Catten, Datan, Dumed, Likast, Etur, Mosus, Monom, Domas, Urvad and Rakust, some short ones Zas, Zon, Tun, Nil and Led. ehh Rikos ... Goden...Mer?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 26, 2011, 05:30:34 pm »

901. you name your adventuremode buddies meatshield I, meatshield II, meatshield III, meatshield IV, meat...
902. you've memorized every single hotkey and your game is rarely paused because you are on a hotkey screen.
What do you think? Yes? No?

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 26, 2011, 08:53:06 pm »

897: You know the exact rate at which a beard grows and you use it to measure time.

Distance!
If you know the rate at which  bear grows, you can use the difference in beard length to measure time, or the time to measure the length. I.E. if you have 2 beard years it would be 1', or if you have 1 beard inch it would be 2 years. So yes, it can be used to measure distance, but also time. This is the most thought that I have ever applied to the growth of beards.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2011, 01:44:00 am »

897: You know the exact rate at which a beard grows and you use it to measure time.

Distance!
If you know the rate at which  bear grows, you can use the difference in beard length to measure time, or the time to measure the length. I.E. if you have 2 beard years it would be 1', or if you have 1 beard inch it would be 2 years. So yes, it can be used to measure distance, but also time. This is the most thought that I have ever applied to the growth of beards.
903: You are studying for/ have a degree in Beards, this degree is easily the most important thing you have/ could get.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:17 am »

904 When shopping in the hardware store, you were tempted to buy a massive picklike clawhammer for several minutes, before sanity returned and you realized that you'd rather wait to waste your money on a real pickaxe. (Also rather a historical version than a stainless-rubber monstrosity.)

True- I'm planning a renovation. :) Unfortunately I cannot build a well as I have neigbours below. :(

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2011, 05:23:11 am »

904 When shopping in the hardware store, you were tempted to buy a massive picklike clawhammer for several minutes, before sanity returned and you realized that you'd rather wait to waste your money on a real pickaxe. (Also rather a historical version than a stainless-rubber monstrosity.)

True- I'm planning a renovation. :) Unfortunately I cannot build a well as I have neigbours below. :(

Unless they can fly, I don't see the problem...

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2011, 06:17:48 am »

Unless they can fly, I don't see the problem...
hehe
As a USER, I'll alter the rules of this region and get water to flow through pipes, I'll go with that. :)
A nice limestone well would be nice to grow ferns in. and I could have used it as an arena for my pet rats. A nice decorative conversation piece during all those parties. :D

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2011, 10:48:08 am »

905. At Christmas you make snow Urists instead of Snowmen.

906. You make snow elves! Then stage a battle between the Snow Urists and Snow Elves. The Elves get wooden swords, the Urists get magma.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:17 am »

905. At Christmas you make snow Urists instead of Snowmen.

906. You make snow elves! Then stage a battle between the Snow Urists and Snow Elves. The Elves get wooden swords, the Urists get magma.
907. And thus, the Urists accidentally bury themselves and the elves in magma, initiating a tie.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 27, 2011, 12:06:33 pm »

You can't use the same measurement to measure both time and distance - how would you calibrate it? 

You could either wait a set period of time, and measure the growth of a beard, which requires you know how to measure the time already, or you can count the amount of time for a beard to grow a set distance, which requries you already be able to accurately measure distance.  One has to depend upon the other already being a known value!

It just makes no bearding sense!  Are you all beard and no brains, fellow?  What kind of beardless logic is that?  What are ya, an elf?

908.  You use "bearding" or "beardless" as an epiphet.
909.  Calling someone an "elf" is the worst insult you can think of.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:19 pm »

910.you build your garden wall out of chacoal and claim it's fireproof
911.you need alcohol to get through the day.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 27, 2011, 12:47:42 pm »

We'll just do it like they did with seconds! Pick an arbitrary value!
I propose that it is time that it takes an average physically skilled dabbling butcher to slaughter 20 cats that are in a cage 2 steps away at 20 fps
Or the time it takes for one square of lava at 7/7 to flatten to all 1/7 in a wide open area at 20 fps.
I like the first, it's more convoluted.
Of course, it shall be known as the Urist.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:13 pm »

how many FRAMES are each of those?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 27, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »

911.you need alcohol to get through the day.
912: You start repeating sgins to prove you play Dwarf Fortress (way) too much.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »

913. you spel thins rong on prpose jus to reliv a sene in dorf fortres
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 112