Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can you describe Dwarf Fortress in exactly 50 words?  (Read 18085 times)

Urist McBusDriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can you describe Dwarf Fortress in exactly 50 words?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:16 am »

Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

what
the
fuck

?
I am so sigging this.

It's like something from V for Vendetta.
Of course, since he doesn't actually walk around counting things, we can only assume that bookkeeping time is spent in deep meditation, psychically sensing exactly how many piles of orthoclase there are. It takes a while to hone a skill like that.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 08:06:21 am »

It could have used more D's

Dwarf!  Indeeddefinitely, a devious delight fond devoted to drink and industry drudgery deceived as both dashing do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force determined drive of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin demonry deception.  However, this Despitedly, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands declares determined! determination!

Not my best work.... fixed, sadly theres still 20 non D's in there
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:24:03 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 08:10:32 am »

50 words?
I only need 6.

Madness you say? THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 10:21:46 am »

Sim/Civ game where the processor is used entirely for simulation depth and breadth, while ignoring graphics.  The simulation starts with a thousand years of history, but when you pick a site, it counts every insect there.  Gameplay is entirely derived from the depth of the simulation.  Motto:  Losing is fun.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 10:30:23 am »

Seven short alcoholics are sent into the wildy wilds by sadistic megalomaniac. Frequent causes of their deaths are goblins, trolls, benevolent and malevolent natural spirits, thirst, starvation, giant spiders, flooding, forgotten horrors from the earth's depths, eldritch terror from hell itself, incompetent surgeons, dodgy training methods and, of course, carp.

Edited because I'm typing this on a phone and it's not got the biggest screen
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:38:42 am by werechicken »

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 10:32:27 am »

Seven short alcoholics are sent into the wildy wilds by sadistic megalomaniac. Frequent causes of their deaths are goblins, trolls benevolent and malevolent natural spirits, thirst, starvation giant spiders, flooding, forgotten horrors from the earth's depths, eldritch terror from hell itself, incompetent surgeons, dodgy training methods and, of course, carp.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 11:56:08 am »

From TV Tropes:

Micromanage a collection of absent-minded, depressed, alcoholic midgets with beards into building an underground house in the middle of a hostile wilderness. The official motto of the game is "Losing is fun!"

du3lingdragon

• Bay Watcher
  • only robots will eat your babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »

How would you fare stranded in a remote location with 6 other nearly retarded alcoholics and enough food to last a month? To top it off your party is besieged by zombie animals, dirty hippies and nature itself. Every death leads you closer to your everlasting demise. Can you survive? 8)

wolfroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 12:17:47 pm »

Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!
just plain awesome, definitely sigging this
is it fortressing your dwarfs or dwarfing your fortress?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 12:21:54 pm »

Ninja!
heh i was going to sig but mine is full already =/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 02:12:38 pm »

50 words?
I only need 6.

Madness you say? THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!

this needs to be EXACTLY 50 words.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 02:27:34 pm »

just plain awesome, definitely sigging this

Me too, it's just too awesome not to!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »

Alcoholic midgets mine stuff, build stuff, kill stuff, die in magma. Magma floods world. Pointy-eared hippies locked in will go insane. Cats are weapons of mass destruction. Magma. Magma. Magma. Cotton candy is the most precious substance in the world, provided you can defend yourself from clowns. Strike the earth!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 05:06:41 pm »

Yeah yeah. i broke the rules. My bad
;p
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.
Pages: 1 2 [3]