Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Xsyon  (Read 10878 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xsyon
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

I agree and have much hope for the future. I think the plan is to have it pretty good by the time the free 2 months are up so people will sub again.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

Time to practice my necromancy!

I just got an email about a free trial for Xsyon. Has anyone played it recently? I looked things over again and it's reminding me more and more of A Tale in the Desert as opposed to a normal MMO. What's the structure of the game like? (Also, I just re-read the OP and noticed the ATITD reference for the first time... whoops!) I guess my main question is something along the lines of: how much "building a character to kill things and level up" is there and how much "run around, collect stuff and make things" is there? If I want to focus on fighting things and have a little house on the frontier to rest at in between, is that a thing I could do?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 07:20:57 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »

well the link from OP is down so i have no idea about the game.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »

Here's the new link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xsyon
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »

Here's the new link:

Oh good idea google the game, why the hell didn't i think of that? oh wait i wanted someone to explain me more about the game not patronize me :/

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

It looks good. I wish it was free. I wanted to play Wurm Online and A Tale in the Desert too but they weren't free too. I never pay money to play MMOPRGs after a series of disappointments I had.

BTW, The OP should fix the link. When I first read "Imagine Wurm Online with better graphics and slightly reduced frustration. Imagine the discovery of crafts like in A Tale in the Desert." I just went "OMGWTF I ALWAYS WANTED THIS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?" and when I clicked the link without further reading a voice popped into my head "404 - Not Found. Not possible. Mwahahahahaha!" and after a Google search the voice said "Okay. It's possible. But you gotta give me ur muneys. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I might be prompted to break my rule this time.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2012, 03:54:50 am »

I was just about to download the trial when i saw the price:
40$ and 15$ a month!
Yikes!
No point in downloading a trial for a game, that is way too expensive.
At this point 10$ and no monthly fee would be reasonable.
You gonna charge WoW prices for an mmo? it better look as good as WoW too.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2012, 09:43:43 am »

Here's the new link:

Oh good idea google the game, why the hell didn't i think of that? oh wait i wanted someone to explain me more about the game not patronize me :/

Well then you should ask for explanation instead of only talking about the link itself. :P
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2012, 06:34:36 pm »

Here's the new link:

Well then you should ask for explanation instead of only talking about the link itself. :P
Well technically, the general lack of explanation about this game is what drove him to click on the link. The link was dead, thus rendering it impossible to figure out what the game actually is about. That's why he asked for a new link. Let's not be assholes here.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »

Let me save you all some time and grief. I was an early adopter and tester for the game. I brought 20+ people into the game and dealt with the constant change in development direction and slow evolution/fixes/etc. Finally this guy just managed to squeeze all the fun and community out of the game. There is no saving it, it's not fun. It's expensive and it's mechanics are absolute trash. The concept was amazing and it just devolved from there.

You guys know I am a champion of Indie games and always put attempting unique concepts above polish and perfection, but this game has earned every bit of ire from me.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2013, 11:04:36 am »

I know this is old topic but felt unnecessary to start new one ( 120 days )

I bought game few years ago but stopped playing cos game was what it was.
Anyways, i jumped back in few days ago and even subbed and having fun.
Since it is free anyone is able to check the game (skill cap 30 and cant put up Tribe )
I have small place up and plenty of room to make use of it.
In game name is Dinky and i am located Zone: 739 pos: 490/820
Map: http://www.xsyon.com/content.php/10-xsyon-sandbox-mmorpg-apocalypse-2012-community

If like Wurm you might like this one too.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2016, 01:13:14 am »

So, almost three years since the last reply (wow what a Necro) I figured this deserved a kick. Apparently the game's gone B2P and dropped the subscription model entirely. Has anyone been playing it since? Any improvements since hemmingjay's rather scathing opinion? Hoping this game changed for the better, as it seems it's either this or Wurm for a crafter/grinder's itch.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]