Get it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3556
Recreates Legends Mode from exported data. Browser like navigation, including tabs, allows to easily view other people/places/entities by just clicking names in the event logs or search lists, CTRL+Click opens a new tab.ScreenshotsGetting the data from Dwarf Fortress:
Opening the data with Legends Viewer
- Enter Legends Mode. If you are already playing a fort or adventure on the save you want to use, you need to:
1. Make a copy of your save!
2. Abandon your fort/adventure on the copy
3. Enter legends on the copy
- Export the XML (x).
- Export Map/Gen Information (p).
- Export Detailed Map (d) > Standard biome+site map.
Use the ASCII/Tile map exported from step 3.
- (Optional) Archive/Compress files
- (Optional) Export Additional Detailed Maps
Select the XML or Archive first by pressing the "..." button next to the XML / Archive text box.
Legends Viewer will attempt to automatically find the remaining files.
If the viewer was unable to locate a file it will indicate which files by turning the text box red. You will then have to manually select those files by pressing the "..." button for each file.
The files needed are (which will be dumped in the root Dwarf Fortress directory)
Map Image fileUsing Legends Viewer
: View the ReadMe for details on how to use the various tools. Things to note
- XML dump is incomplete! Anywhere that there are details left out I noted with "UNKNOWN" however if you see "INVALID" any then its a bug that needs to be fixed.
- Duplicate Historical Figures / Entities in summary log indicate that relations for duplicates may not be setup properly you will have to check History/Site files to view these relations.
- Bigger worlds will perform slower. Some pages with a lot of activity can take a few seconds to load. Be careful in the Era tab with events and era length, all events are filtered out by default. Selecting too many events and a lengthy era can result in GBs of memory being used and can take some time to generate the page.
- Requires .NET 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)
-Tested with (zip/7zip/rar)
-Must have these files in the archive
-history file ending with "-world_history.txt"
-sites and populations file ending with "-world_sites_and_pops.txt"
-Map Image files (bmp/png/jpg/jpeg)
-Any other files in the archive will be ignored without error. Troubleshooting
- If images aren't showing up in pages or navigating pages doesn't work try updating Internet Explorer to the newest version.
- If you encouter errors while loading files, first try restarting Dwarf Fortress and re-export all the files. If it still happens after that you can send me your files or world gen parameters and I will look into it.