Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309908 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.00 (Initial Release!)
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 08:23:39 am »

How's the compiling with Mono going?

Well it compiles, but I have a suspicion that it wont work. All the logs are displayed in Internet Explorer browsers, which also seems to rely on whatever version of IE you have installed on your computer, which I really don't like and think will cause problems with mac/linux. Probably going to have to package a chrome or mozilla browser with it. If anyone wants to help me confirm this, message me and I can send a copy I compiled in Mono.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.01
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 12:08:04 pm »

Very nice it's working now for my large world with a three year old abandoned fortress with ghosts.  Thanks for a great program!
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 06:14:22 pm »

Did some research and it currently won't work in OSX through Mono due to the browser, but is supported in linux. I don't really want to drop the browser because I have bigger plans for it. I'll keep looking for a solution to make it work on macs.

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »

It works through Linux as long as you have Mono for Windows installed under WINE.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 08:13:42 pm »

I thought Mono was supposed to let you run apps without using WINE, unless there is still something I need to look at

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »

That is only if you compile a Linux-native binary using MonoDevelop in Linux.  Otherwise you get this:
Code: [Select]
tenach@zygotemini:~$ wine LegendsViewer.exe
wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 11:04:28 pm »

If you still need someone to test it on a mac Im on a mac and eager to give it a try.
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.02 (Now with Tabbed Browsing!)
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 10:38:15 pm »

Haven't had time to get much done, but I got the UI changed a bit more in the direction I want to go and the tabbed browsing is nice (ctrl+click to open a new tab). Other than that I played around a bit with civ / site ownerships.

I got the event collections parsed, and looked over them a bit and decided I didnt want to mess with them yet. Right now I mainly want to get some more details for civs and to do that I need to parse the history/sites texts so that and working on filtering events are the things I'll probably be working on.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:46 am »

You got lucky.  I was gonna go into a big rant about how much you need to fix until I saw that anything that said "UNKNOWN" didn't provide you with enough information.  That kinda sucks since I'd like to be able to see the names of the roads the dwarves built, but if there's nothing you can do about it, then I can't expect much.

The parts that you got to work are pretty cool.  I like it so far.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2010, 02:25:52 pm »

Unknown information is probably on Toady's side. The XML dump is incomplete, after all.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.03 (Added Event Filtering)
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2010, 11:35:52 pm »

Added event filtering and you can sort activity based on filters which adds a lot to the ways you can sort lists. Works great for getting rid of incomplete events or events that tend to spam logs and helps to find the interesting events.

Parsed the History and Site text files so added race, leaders, and worships to civs. Because the text files don't give IDs for historical figures / entities you will see duplicates show up in the summary log, usually nothing major is missed since I can build entity relations from events, but sometimes an entire civ or leader wont get setup right.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 12:15:49 pm »

Added event filtering and you can sort activity based on filters which adds a lot to the ways you can sort lists. Works great for getting rid of incomplete events or events that tend to spam logs and helps to find the interesting events.

Parsed the History and Site text files so added race, leaders, and worships to civs. Because the text files don't give IDs for historical figures / entities you will see duplicates show up in the summary log, usually nothing major is missed since I can build entity relations from events, but sometimes an entire civ or leader wont get setup right.

If you ever want to go through and match leaders with historical figures (through their name), keep in mind that there is a bug where leaders with special characters in their names are listed without special characters in their name in the xml hist fig section.

Looks really good though :)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2010, 01:20:43 pm »

Yeah I've got leaders matching up by replacing the non ascii characters and it works except there are sometimes historical figures that have the same name.

Also noticed a bug earlier where some leaders can be skipped by mistake so I'll fix that later and see if there are any other bugs anyone has noticed.

I think I'm going mess around with the event collections again and try to set it up so you can see which events happen during those event collections. The only interesting collections are the war / battle ones and beast attacks. Wars should have all the details needed, but beast attacks were a bit iffy last when I briefly looked at them before.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 03:01:38 pm »

Welp. Mason, why didn't you update your wolrd viewer? The map with clickable locations was totally awesome.

Parker, could you make a map viewer in? Probably using some sca;ing algorythm and icons for different site types for better readability. That would be awesome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:51 pm »

Apparently modded profession names translate into UNKNOWN JOB into the viewer. I was watching my Wasteland mod world and many wastelanders became "UNKNOWN JOB" for this reason.

P.S. Same with positions. Could you take the names directly from XML?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:12:55 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44