Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309861 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #480 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:32 pm »

I'm using PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r45 (the old version, indicated to use when the beta isn't working), and after following the instructions in the read me, i repeatedly get the following error message. If it's relevant, i put in the xml for the "legends xml/archive" slot, the txt for world history and site population and bmp for the map image.

Try running my Legends processing script, and using the archive it creates.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 10, 2014, 02:23:53 pm »

Still nothing. Same bmp file problem.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »

Scratch that. Used the winrar folder as a whole rather then constituent parts for the legends xml/archive. Thank you.
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2014, 09:02:57 am »

By the way, have you considered putting in a graph showing the different sizes of age groups in a given year? Maybe location by location? Would be quite atmospheric to know you were walking through a village of the elderly and the very young after a war.
Reading a thinner book

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 06, 2014, 01:29:00 pm »

Try running my Legends processing script, and using the archive it creates.

I used to go through manually and erase all the workflow additions that were screwing up the Legends export file.  Thank you SO MUCH for the script!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »

How can you find a specific site in the map?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »

FYI: mono 3.x in wine = non-working LegendsViewer (complaining of 'install 2.8 or later'), mono 2.10 = working
Backwards compatibility = zero, .net-bloatware = won.

Thanks for the program, however!
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 17, 2014, 11:44:29 am »

Firstly, I want to say I love this software and it makes going through my world's history and geography not only easier, but actually possible.

I had some comments though. I wrote them down so I'll just list them here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those are just some things I've been thinking about. Parker147, I don't know if you've been working recently on it, but the historical figure family tree looks really awesome. It'd be cool to see that in the program too.
Keep up the great work!
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Heavygain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 07, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »

Hey there, I am new to DF and am having some issues with the legends viewer/export processing script as I've been using workflow since I created the world. I've tried it every which way, compressing the xml, map, world history, world gen, site and pop text files as a .rar file then moving the archive into the same folder as the batch script, just putting the unarchived files into the script's folder and neither method has resulted with the script creating a new archive in the user generated content folder nor any files that don't either give me the hexadecimal error or just crash the legends viewer then I try to load the map file. I've also tried archiving the files as .7z.

I've also tried removing all workflow orders and disabling the plugin with "disable workflow" in dfhack and exporting the files but it did not result in working files.

I even attempted trying to figure out cygwin which I definitely didn't even get close with lol.

Basically, I've come to a dead end and need some help. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to scripts so I feel like I must be missing something obvious. I'd very much like to get get legends viewer to work as it looks like it would add a lot to the game.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:04:02 pm by Heavygain »

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 07, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

Did you try just adding each of the files to Legends Viewer individually? By "script" I assume you mean PeridexErrant's; he does have a newer version of said script up on GitHub but I don't know if it'll help (it may provide better error information though). If you're decent with scripting try removing the ECHO OFF in the top of batch file and it'll show every command as it runs it; maybe you can catch the error within that mess.
It looks to me like it may be finding the wrong files though. Make sure there aren't any other files in there with the word "region" followed by a number higher than your actual region in the filename; I had that problem for a while. Ex. a file called "region50.jpg" even though all your legends and stuff are region1.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Heavygain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »

Yeah, I have tried adding the files individually. When I add them individually, the first three fields look good but when I add the map file (world_graphic_filename.png or world_map_filename.png) it gives me the hexadecimal error. If I add the map file first, it looks good until I add the xml file.

I made sure there were no other files with region in the folder as well, when I run the batch file it appeared to be working and I was able to see it say something about exporting for a couple of seconds but then the window closes with no confirmation and I am unable to find any new files or archives.

Also, my xml file seems rather small at only 22,847 KB although my world has only progressed 50 years so I think that may be why.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:38:41 pm by Heavygain »

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 07, 2014, 06:48:05 pm »

Yea that's probably why it's small. Have you tried running the script with only the files you want it to use in the folder? I think if you make a new folder next to your main Dwarf Fortress game folder (not inside), and run the script with the files from  inside there, it should work, and should prevent conflicts if any. I'm not sure though; if it doesn't work, try copying the dwarf fortress exe into the folder, and if that doesn't work, then ask PeridexisErrant I guess :P

Heavygain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 07, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »

I downloaded the new script from github and it did indeed result in a new .xml file, but it is 0 B in size and the error message is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when I try to put the files into legends viewer.

I've tried running the script with all the files including the script in a separate folder from the game and with them still in the game directory.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »

I don't think Legends Viewer would be happy with a 0B xml. Looks like the script either isn't finding the XML or isn't able to parse it, maybe because it's broken or there's something unusual in the file. PeridexisErrant would know more about this than me but I don't know if he watches this thread.
You can try posting the problem over in the thread for his Legends Processing Script too, since it's relevant. I don't think this is a Legends Viewer problem necessarily.

Heavygain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 07, 2014, 07:17:36 pm »

I don't think Legends Viewer would be happy with a 0B xml. Looks like the script either isn't finding the XML or isn't able to parse it, maybe because it's broken or there's something unusual in the file. PeridexisErrant would know more about this than me but I don't know if he watches this thread.
You can try posting the problem over in the thread for his Legends Processing Script too, since it's relevant. I don't think this is a Legends Viewer problem necessarily.
Indeed, I had just been thinking about how I was in the wrong thread actually lol. I'll head over there, thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44