Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309985 times)

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2014, 04:19:45 am »

Yeah 4 gigs is the memory limit for 32 bit applications. You'd need a 64 bit system, but also you need to make sure the application is running in 64 bit mode. Can it do that? Honestly I don't know.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 28, 2014, 08:38:15 am »

At the moment it is most likely limited by your system because the app loads everything into memory. It could be changed in the future to utilize the hard drive more, but it would take some work to make those changes. I also fear it would be a bit sluggish too.

cosmiccoincidence

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 04, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

Hello,
I've been a lurker on these forums for some time but made an account just to get some help with my legends viewer, I'm having the problem where my xml files are corrupt and cannot be read by the program. I saw the reply by PeridexisErrant about using notepad++ to find and replace the corrupt characters. Note that I am not that tech savy and downloaded notepad++ just for this purpose. Im now stuck because It seemed simple enough for me to find and replace them, but as I do not know what a "SOH" character is, I do not know how to then find it.

Thanks for all and any help. And thanks for this awesome addition to the game. Makes legends feasible. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:40:44 pm by cosmiccoincidence »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 05, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »

Are you using the newest version? It should now automatically detect corrupt XMLs and ask to attempt a fix and resave it.

cosmiccoincidence

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 05, 2014, 03:09:53 pm »

It seemed my previous version was the issue. I got the new version and am able to repair the corrupt file now. Thank you, Thank you!!  :D
Legends viewer is the shit!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2014, 10:33:16 pm »

There doesn't seem to be any substantial changes to the XML or other exports in 40.01. A few new events and what looks to be some different mechanics on site ownership. I'll see what I can get around to updating this week.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »

Should there be any trouble using it with the newest version of dwarf fortress?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:55 pm »

Should work fine, but I just uploaded the changes for the v40 data here.

If there is some problem though let me know.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:13 pm »

I was getting a few crashes trying to jump to sites and open a few historical figures with the last version. Whether that's specifically something about legends, or some buggy part of DF, who knows. I'll see what I get with the latest.

Also props again on this tool. The map functionality is just gorgeous.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2014, 12:03:37 am »

This has always been my preference for viewing legends info...keep up the good work

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2014, 07:02:29 am »

I was getting a few crashes trying to jump to sites and open a few historical figures with the last version. Whether that's specifically something about legends, or some buggy part of DF, who knows. I'll see what I get with the latest.

Also props again on this tool. The map functionality is just gorgeous.

If it crashes on specific historical figures it is probably caused by an oddity occurring in an event which I haven't accounted for. If you want me to look into a fix I prefer having the actual game save so I can look into the in game legends to investigate oddities.

This has always been my preference for viewing legends info...keep up the good work

Thanks, haven't done much development wise lately, but I recently found some tools that would let me drop the dependency on internet explorer which would allow me to not have to completely rewrite a lot of the interface to implement some ideas.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #536 on: July 18, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 18, 2014, 08:48:14 pm »

Quick crash fix update.

Cool, but could you also bump the version number for this kind of thing?  It's hard to keep track of what I've got in various packages otherwise. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 18, 2014, 08:53:46 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I'll try to get that sorted out. My versioning get messed up so I stopped messing with it til I get some things sorted out. I'll try to get it fixed on the next update.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »

I'm getting an error and crash while looking at a particular war.

Spoiler: spoilered for length (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44