Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 308878 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:25 pm »

The error message isn't very helpful unfortunately. I can probably get a fix if you send me a zip of all the exported data.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2014, 08:42:03 pm »

I don't have the exported data anymore, and yeah I could have done that, sorry.

Edit: I got an error with another save and exported data, I'll zip the exported data and put it on DFFD if that's ok.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:44:50 pm by smjjames »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2014, 09:29:10 pm »

No preference where you upload, whatever is convenient for you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9110

When I view collection>wars> select ongoing and click on the War of Combat, it does the crash.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 22, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »

Fix here

Also seems archive loading wasn't working quite right so I think I got that fixed. Also some other misc new data added.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2014, 08:06:55 pm »

I'm getting the ToInt32 bug.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 25, 2014, 03:43:11 am »

um, how do I actually open up the legendsviewer? what I downloaded didnt come with an application.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 25, 2014, 03:00:14 pm »

In case you didn't see it.  You got a mention on a polygon.com article about dwarf fortress world generation!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/23/5926447/dwarf-fortress-will-crush-your-cpu-because-creating-history-is-hard

Congrats Parker!

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2014, 03:36:58 pm »

In case you didn't see it.  You got a mention on a polygon.com article about dwarf fortress world generation!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/23/5926447/dwarf-fortress-will-crush-your-cpu-because-creating-history-is-hard

Congrats Parker!

Actually that little quip in the sidebar about Sazir Stockadebolt is a good example of how historical events could be rendered into readable prose. I'd imagine doing so wouldn't be that difficult, but would be time-consuming anyway.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »

I'm getting the ToInt32 bug.

When do you get this error? Someone fixed this once before so make sure you have the newest version too.

um, how do I actually open up the legendsviewer? what I downloaded didnt come with an application.

There should be an executable in the archive. I seem to recall DFFD giving me corrupt archives once in the past so try again?

Congrats Parker!

The writer contacted me and I told him to check out World Viewer too, but not sure if he did.

Actually that little quip in the sidebar about Sazir Stockadebolt is a good example of how historical events could be rendered into readable prose. I'd imagine doing so wouldn't be that difficult, but would be time-consuming anyway.

This guy tried doing some of that. I've never seen the code he used to do it, but duplicating just the normal in game legends was pretty time consuming. I can't imagine writing something flexible enough to work well. There are times where the legends get very repetitive and just creates clutters of the same text appearing over and over and that I think could be somehow consolidated to make some the event output more readable in those cases.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »

This guy tried doing some of that. I've never seen the code he used to do it, but duplicating just the normal in game legends was pretty time consuming. I can't imagine writing something flexible enough to work well. There are times where the legends get very repetitive and just creates clutters of the same text appearing over and over and that I think could be somehow consolidated to make some the event output more readable in those cases.

Did he actually write a script for it? That particular post appears to be more like a design plan. But regardless I think you make a good point, the event listings are repetitive to start with, but when expanded into full prose it'd mostly just be variants of the same few lines over and over again, making it more cumbersome to read while not making it any more interesting past the very beginning. There would need to be substantial variation, as English writing practice tends to require, which would undoubtedly be a major undertaking to implement. I guess I'm starting to see how it may be of more burden than use...
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

Hi Parker! This is one of my favourite utilities for DF. Great work on it. :)

I was wondering if it was normal in the most recent version of DF (40.05) and LV (1.13) that there are always 'errors in the XML' that must be 'repaired'. It's been many many moons since I played DF last, so I'm not sure if this is just a standard/expected message, or if it's something I should send to you to be looked at? It's happening for every world I gen so far.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »

I'm betting it's some of the many raw and language changes in 40.05 causing the error.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:07 pm »

Yeah, I figured that was the most likely cause. It still seems to work for the most part, so it doesn't bother me. Just thought I'd check. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:12 pm »

Hi Parker! This is one of my favourite utilities for DF. Great work on it. :)

I was wondering if it was normal in the most recent version of DF (40.05) and LV (1.13) that there are always 'errors in the XML' that must be 'repaired'. It's been many many moons since I played DF last, so I'm not sure if this is just a standard/expected message, or if it's something I should send to you to be looked at? It's happening for every world I gen so far.

That is normal. This happens occasionally if the XML has invalid characters so the program has to go through and scrub them out before it can load. Unless, after you repair the file still doesn't work, then you might want to send it my way.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44