Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309827 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2014, 05:10:51 pm »

When do you get this error? Someone fixed this once before so make sure you have the newest version too.

Last time I tried to run LegendsViewer. It's the version here.

More specifically, it's when the XML is loading. I managed to look at some genned worlds, but suddenly every time I try, I get this error.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:14:47 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »

When do you get this error? Someone fixed this once before so make sure you have the newest version too.

Last time I tried to run LegendsViewer. It's the version here.

More specifically, it's when the XML is loading. I managed to look at some genned worlds, but suddenly every time I try, I get this error.

I would need to see the files so I could try and load it myself and see what is going on.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2014, 03:33:04 pm »

What files?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »

What files?

Usually the exported files like the xml and text files that LegendsViewer loads are enough for me to debug the issue. I like to have the actual game save files too incase I need to investigate something, but that isn't always necessary.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

The problem has been occurring with a different install of Dwarf Fortress I have that I use for a mod I made myself. I'm going to send you one of the worlds I made in PerfectWorld. Here is it.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »

The problem has been occurring with a different install of Dwarf Fortress I have that I use for a mod I made myself. I'm going to send you one of the worlds I made in PerfectWorld. Here is it.

This should fix that. There was only 1 race in the world which threw one tiny calculation off.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 01, 2014, 12:31:45 pm »

Thanks a bunch.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2014, 02:36:23 am »

Thanks for the great work.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »

Hello, on my current 40.12 world, after loading the xml, i get an "unhandled exception" error , in the Site tab, on the goblin site named Doommoons or a site named Packhates.
Other goblin sites seems to work, the only thing i see in the world map is that Packhates and Doommoons are the only 2 goblin sites that features some "Goblin Outcasts"

Here are the exported legends and xml :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9710

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 03, 2014, 08:14:29 am »

I just fixed this issue (i encountered the same while opening legends of one of my saves), this is caused by some battles and other events not having "parent" wars.

you can pick the fixed version here https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/02exws6bq39bw2c3/artifacts/Full%20Release.zip untill the maintainer integrates the fixes I submitted.
this is a build process put in place by Parker147 that automatically builds his github project , which is nice. and even nicer, it also builds submitted pull requests :)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 05, 2014, 05:21:44 pm »

I just fixed this issue (i encountered the same while opening legends of one of my saves), this is caused by some battles and other events not having "parent" wars.

you can pick the fixed version here https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/02exws6bq39bw2c3/artifacts/Full%20Release.zip untill the maintainer integrates the fixes I submitted.
this is a build process put in place by Parker147 that automatically builds his github project , which is nice. and even nicer, it also builds submitted pull requests :)

Thanks for the bug fixes, I merged it and uploaded it to the download page

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 05, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »

I missed the post from Finndibaenn, as i didn't noticed there had been a reply thank you for the bugfix both Finndibaenn and Parker147

Medusa13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:40 pm »

=warning! english is not my native language, so please forgive me if i make some mistakes, i will try my best to explain myself=

Hello! i just wanted to ask something about the "battle reports" in Legends Viewer.
Just recently playing Fortress Mode my Fortress got under a Siege by a goblin army, something like 50 goblins attacked the fortress and killed 1 civilian and 4 recruits (incluiding a legendary marksdwarf :( ), but i managed to destroy them with a frontal attack of my militia.
I decided to check the report of the battle in Legends Viewer, so i made a copy of my save and abandon the fortress in order to get the xlm dump and all that.

But when i enter the report in the war for some reason there is only 1 goblin register as attacker and nothing else (in the defender side it registered all of my dwarf, even the ones who didnt do anything in the battle). This is weird, because the fortress mode is keeping track of all the kills/death during this battle (my militia commander has like 2 notable kills and 12 or more "other kills") but the LV is not marking this kills in the battle report.
Also, some previous goblin attacks on my fortress are marking only 1 attacker (the goblin who lead the attack).

What i am doing wrong? why the LV isnt registering all the attackers?

Again, excuse my poor english, i hope that you can understand what im trying to say =/.
And thanks in advance for your help!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2014, 09:03:48 am »

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. In game battles are very different from historical battles. When you generate a world history those historical battles are generated in a very dumbed down manner that makes them easy to create a historical record of. In-game battles are completely different so making a nice little historical record isn't as easy and just a flaw of dwarf mode, so there isn't anything that can be done about it unfortunately.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 19, 2014, 05:03:34 pm »

ptw.  I think Im getting issues, but Ill try again to be sure.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44