Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309906 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2014, 04:07:06 pm »

First I must say this is a lovely utility that is a pleasure to use and very handy.

If I could ask for more it would be to polish the xml interpretation a bit more. The specific problem that I have just noticed is with site ownership conflicts. It seems that when an adventurer takes over a site the 'actually owned by ...' detail is correct, but it isn't reflected in the civilization itself.

It should list something like ...

The Narrow Group founded Flankedmasters 1 taken over 52 by The Early Thorns of The Obeisant Orange
but instead the taken over event is not shown.  In the site detail itself the last part is ...

In 52, midsummer, (Malachite, 14) UNKNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURE linked to Tellwealthy.

In 52, midsummer, (Malachite, 14) UNKNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURE linked to Tellwealthy.

I think that's where the actual taking over happened.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 08, 2014, 07:44:19 pm »

First I must say this is a lovely utility that is a pleasure to use and very handy.

If I could ask for more it would be to polish the xml interpretation a bit more. The specific problem that I have just noticed is with site ownership conflicts. It seems that when an adventurer takes over a site the 'actually owned by ...' detail is correct, but it isn't reflected in the civilization itself.

It should list something like ...

The Narrow Group founded Flankedmasters 1 taken over 52 by The Early Thorns of The Obeisant Orange
but instead the taken over event is not shown.  In the site detail itself the last part is ...

I think that's where the actual taking over happened.

That data isn't in the exported XML. Mason11987 created a script to pull all that missing data via DFHack. I was part way working through getting LegendsViewer to import that data, but kinda got sidetracked and didn't come back to finish it up. I'll see if I can find some time to create the functionality to import the rest of it.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:59 pm »

This is truly a fine piece of art and engineering, and my love for Legends Mode has been refurbished through this since the 0.34 days.

I wanted to ask, does the current version reflect all the changes and stuff that operate at 40.19?
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:01 pm »

This is truly a fine piece of art and engineering, and my love for Legends Mode has been refurbished through this since the 0.34 days.

I wanted to ask, does the current version reflect all the changes and stuff that operate at 40.19?

I haven't loaded up some of the newest versions to check if anything else was added to the exported files. The output log usually says if some sort of new data isn't recognized though.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 09, 2014, 03:52:03 am »

That data isn't in the exported XML.

Hmm, do you think that counts as a Dwarf Fortress bug to be corrected or a suggestion? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a bug report if I can find a good, unmodded, save that shows it well.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:29 pm »

Hmm, do you think that counts as a Dwarf Fortress bug to be corrected or a suggestion? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a bug report if I can find a good, unmodded, save that shows it well.

It's a bug. I logged a bug report years ago with all the various missing data, assuming it is in the bug tracker still.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 09, 2014, 08:52:14 pm »

It's a bug. I logged a bug report years ago with all the various missing data, assuming it is in the bug tracker still.
Yeah, I think I have about 20 valid open bug reports I submitted waiting for their turn. I love most of the new features, but every time a new release comes out I hope for more bug fixes. :)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2014, 09:43:52 pm »

I tried to use LV to find a vampire to drink blood from, but the Historical Figures list is empty when I mark the "Vampire" condition. A bug? Or something wrong with my world?

Thanks for this awesome tool!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:37 am »

I tried to use LV to find a vampire to drink blood from, but the Historical Figures list is empty when I mark the "Vampire" condition. A bug? Or something wrong with my world?

Thanks for this awesome tool!

Looks like a bug with Legends Viewer. If you can navigate my crappy advanced search you, select Historical Figures, with a search criteria of Active Interactions > Value > Contains > Vampire, and that will bring them up.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 15, 2014, 07:39:52 am »

Wow, also got some nice options to fine tune the search better. Thanks!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:35 pm »

So, Im experimenting with documenting a world and I stumbled across a curious bit that legends view doesn't do well.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146274.msg5887192#msg5887192

In the year 100, scant 2 months after the worldgen proper ends, the necromancer tower of Poisonbee was attacked by goblins.  They took the place for themselves, after facing resistance from a seemingly unrelated criminal.  The whole of the necromancers were slaughtered by one character, who herself died to  zombie after.  None of the entities or figures involved in the incident load in legendsviewer, giving me a prompt to quit the process every time.

I dont know if its reported or not, but here.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:24 pm »

So, Im experimenting with documenting a world and I stumbled across a curious bit that legends view doesn't do well.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146274.msg5887192#msg5887192

In the year 100, scant 2 months after the worldgen proper ends, the necromancer tower of Poisonbee was attacked by goblins.  They took the place for themselves, after facing resistance from a seemingly unrelated criminal.  The whole of the necromancers were slaughtered by one character, who herself died to  zombie after.  None of the entities or figures involved in the incident load in legendsviewer, giving me a prompt to quit the process every time.

I dont know if its reported or not, but here.

Do you have the exported files that I could take a look at?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 18, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »

Aye.  Here's the 40.19 exports before and after I checked the tower out.  It loads fine in the game.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10264
The Evil of Tongs is the goblin civ.
Posionbee is the tower
All individuals related to the incident are now dead, except the zombie human.

I have the saves, before and after too . . .
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 18, 2014, 08:21:47 pm »

Think I got it fixed, give the new version a shot.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 18, 2014, 08:25:57 pm »

Awesome, Thanks!  This looks great!
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44