Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 228157 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)
« Reply #645 on: January 19, 2017, 03:03:34 am »

The command you're looking for is probably "exportlegends info". "All" produces a bazillion image files of the various sites as well, while "info" still produces the extra stuff file. When starting the 1.13 version of the Legends Viewer included in the latest LNP the starting page shows instructions on how to export data from Legends Mode using both the vanilla method and the DFHack one.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #646 on: January 19, 2017, 06:26:32 am »

The command you're looking for is probably "exportlegends info". "All" produces a bazillion image files of the various sites as well, while "info" still produces the extra stuff file.

But I was actually quite happy that I finally see the site maps as well, when I exported all, although they take up a lot of space

Sure, info is probably what I'd need most. I must check whether the current version also somewhere mentions the thing with the exportlegends command. What puzzled me was that the command is neither documented in he DFHack docs. But this is the wrong place to complain about that.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 21, 2017, 09:38:44 am »

Hey mod Creator Thank you for your work into this field. I really needed it so i know where to embark for my blood thirsty dwarfs.

:D

Thanks once again it really is great.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2017, 12:40:13 am »

How can I search for an entity's original name? All the names of Dwarves appear to be translated to English. I sometimes don't have that information, especially if I want to lookup a Dwarf of whom I can see only a corpse.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:25 am »

How can I search for an entity's original name? All the names of Dwarves appear to be translated to English. I sometimes don't have that information, especially if I want to lookup a Dwarf of whom I can see only a corpse.
I personally translate using the DF wiki language page.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. Was this inevitable (Y/y)?

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:56 pm »

Hello, I'm using LNP, exported legends info using DFHack, and when I try to load it, I get an error:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World.GenerateMaps(String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile, String xmlPlusFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Not sure what difference it made, but just to test, I created an adventurer, then quit immediately and tried again and it seems to have worked. Weirdness. :/ Owell, it's working now. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:49:10 pm by LtGreeneyes »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 24, 2017, 03:49:38 am »

You probably want to post in the thread marked 'Legends Viewer maintained branch' unless you're using a really old starter pack. This isn't included in the latest version (and will certainly be the cause of your crash if you are using it for some reason).

Clyybber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:13 am »

I personally translate using the DF wiki language page.
This one works really well too: https://lingojam.com/DwarfFortressDwarven
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]