Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309616 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: I've been working on recreating Legends Mode from the XML Dump.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 02:57:19 pm »

Beautiful. What did you use C++ and MFC? C#?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:01 pm »

C#, first time using it too.

Planning to release tomorrow, unless I find something big that needs fixing.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 06:30:21 pm »

Just proclaiming my support. Excellent work!
*Hugs*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 08:11:29 pm »

I wholeheartedly approve of this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 04:52:45 am »

I am Dagoth Urist and I approve of this application.

Will it be soon 'til you release it? It's tomorrow now were I live.. xD
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.00 (Initial Release!)
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 12:10:00 pm »

Released. Now comes the fun part to see if it actually works for anyone.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 12:39:52 pm »

Released. Now comes the fun part to see if it actually works for anyone.

Wow, this is really nice.  Well done Parker.  Everything runs extremely quick and it's even resilient enough to handle a modded game legends file :).

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 12:43:19 pm »

It loads, although of course there's missing events (site taken over seems to be the main one).

Underground regions are a little tricky to navigate, since they are ALL called Cavern or Magma or whatever. I understand that they're separated due to different site IDs of course, but there needs to be a better way to understand these entries.

As far as where you may want to take this program further is sorting data better, and finding/creating summaries. Civilizations, for example, should list its pantheons and have a list of its kings, but also give a population count, or even a population graph over time. It'd also be useful to know what SPECIES a civilization is, right at the main page for it.

From there, there could be timelines, and lists of wars, and conflicts within those wars. Civilizations could then be sorted by "Most Raids" or "Most Enemies" or "Most Wars".  You could also search for "Longest/Shortest Family Dynasties", "Largest Population", "Bloodiest Battles" -- or better yet, "Bloodiest Wars" which would conglomerate death counts of each battle within the war.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 01:13:23 pm »

It loads, although of course there's missing events (site taken over seems to be the main one).

Underground regions are a little tricky to navigate, since they are ALL called Cavern or Magma or whatever. I understand that they're separated due to different site IDs of course, but there needs to be a better way to understand these entries.

As far as where you may want to take this program further is sorting data better, and finding/creating summaries. Civilizations, for example, should list its pantheons and have a list of its kings, but also give a population count, or even a population graph over time. It'd also be useful to know what SPECIES a civilization is, right at the main page for it.

From there, there could be timelines, and lists of wars, and conflicts within those wars. Civilizations could then be sorted by "Most Raids" or "Most Enemies" or "Most Wars".  You could also search for "Longest/Shortest Family Dynasties", "Largest Population", "Bloodiest Battles" -- or better yet, "Bloodiest Wars" which would conglomerate death counts of each battle within the war.

There isn't any more data on the underground regions in the xml then what he has already, sadly.

The rest is within the realm of possibility, although most of it requires information in the history/sites files as well.  For example, anything about civ leaders is only in the history file.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 01:52:02 pm »

What size of xml file is everyone using?  I can't seem to load mine... 195MB from a large region and an abandoned 3 year old fortress.  It just hangs as soon as I try to load it.  Will experiment more.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 01:57:58 pm »

What size of xml file is everyone using?  I can't seem to load mine... 195MB from a large region and an abandoned 3 year old fortress.  It just hangs as soon as I try to load it.  Will experiment more.

I'm loading a 600MB right now...

...Seemed to load fairly fast.  Maybe 30 or so seconds?  Very impressive!

Even the kills sort went fairly quickly.

Mine didn't have a 3 yo fortress in it though, so maybe that's causing some trouble.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 02:02:14 pm »

It should eventually show some information in the log no matter what indicating its done loading the XML. For me a 200mb file takes about 10secs to load, but load times are going to be based mainly on the speed of your processor. Usually if its taking a long time there is a lot of events that haven't been set up to handle and it slows the loading down some.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 03:35:13 pm »

btw. file dumps include also the position of sites so you can tie in the maps into the viewer.

edit: The tiles/pixels of the map correspondent with the worldsize. 1 Pixel = 1 embark tile.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:39:54 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 04:22:43 pm »

IT EXISTS!
After all these years...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44