Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309625 times)

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #450 on: May 12, 2013, 05:31:17 pm »

Question, this may be answered somewhere in the many pages but skimming I didn't find it; is it possible to see battle reports in legends viewer? I mean like the play by play reports you can see in the game?

The king of my civilization (who used dark magic when he was 24 to give him immortality apparently) engaged in a number of duels with people who were concerned that he wasn't aging.  I'd love to read up on some of those.
I would really like to see that feature implemented, if it's not yet.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 12, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »

Will it ever be possible to search by active interactions or interaction knowledge?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2013, 12:03:42 am »

A second question; my XML dump is always incomplete (says so in the game) and as a result there are often 'UNKNOWN' entries in Legend viewer.  Is there a way to remedy this?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

Question, this may be answered somewhere in the many pages but skimming I didn't find it; is it possible to see battle reports in legends viewer? I mean like the play by play reports you can see in the game?

The king of my civilization (who used dark magic when he was 24 to give him immortality apparently) engaged in a number of duels with people who were concerned that he wasn't aging.  I'd love to read up on some of those.

Legends doesn't go into that much detail.

A second question; my XML dump is always incomplete (says so in the game) and as a result there are often 'UNKNOWN' entries in Legend viewer.  Is there a way to remedy this?

The XML dump is incomplete because it is an unfinished feature of DF, so there is nothing that can be done about it unfortunately.

Will it ever be possible to search by active interactions or interaction knowledge?

It's possible through the advanced search menu. Select Historical Figures then under Search Criteria you can set the first box to either Active Interactions or Interaction Knowledge and in the second box select "Value" and then the last box you can click the drop down arrow and select what you wish.

Adi Grateles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2013, 05:03:21 pm »

Is there an archive that contains all the previous versions?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2013, 09:51:27 pm »

Doesn't look like DFFD keeps an archive of previous versions, but I have them all if you are looking for something in particular.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »

Has anyone had any luck getting LV to work using Wine?  I'd love to use it, but I have a Mac.

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2013, 04:38:26 am »

I'm wondering how possible it would be to make Legends Viewer able to highlight regions?

I am running a majorly detailed LP for my gaming guild, and like to throw in tales of far off places when the caravans turn up or migrants arrive, but I find myself spending days trying to find less-than-a-region-tile-biomes a lot of the time. Especially difficult if it has no sites.

Biome map should contain most of the information on borders of regions, the XML already contains the names (and probably also their borders)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

Considering that Legends Viewer works via XML dump activated ingame, I'm guessing the answer to this question is "no," but asking anyway...

Does Legends Viewer allow you to view events that haven't been revealed yet, in a world generated with "reveal all history" turned off?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 13, 2013, 11:07:29 am »

I recently moved a saved game from an older version of LNP to the current one.  Legends Viewer worked initially when I made a copy of my game.  However, after a year of game time, I'm now getting the following error when trying to load:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »

Has anyone had any luck getting LV to work using Wine?  I'd love to use it, but I have a Mac.

Don't think it is currently possible because of some code libraries that I use.

I'm wondering how possible it would be to make Legends Viewer able to highlight regions?

I am running a majorly detailed LP for my gaming guild, and like to throw in tales of far off places when the caravans turn up or migrants arrive, but I find myself spending days trying to find less-than-a-region-tile-biomes a lot of the time. Especially difficult if it has no sites.

Biome map should contain most of the information on borders of regions, the XML already contains the names (and probably also their borders)

Something I wish I could do, but the XML is missing any information on region locations.

Considering that Legends Viewer works via XML dump activated ingame, I'm guessing the answer to this question is "no," but asking anyway...

Does Legends Viewer allow you to view events that haven't been revealed yet, in a world generated with "reveal all history" turned off?

I know I had tested this at some point, but I can't recall what data the XML provides when history is hidden.

I recently moved a saved game from an older version of LNP to the current one.  Legends Viewer worked initially when I made a copy of my game.  However, after a year of game time, I'm now getting the following error when trying to load:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like the XML you generated is corrupt, which happens on rare occasions. Restart DF and export the XML again and see what happens. If it still gives errors I would have to see the XML myself to fix it.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2013, 11:14:16 am »

Drat!  I've restarted DF and exported twice, all with the same error.  I'm sending you a PM of the files.  Thanks for the help!

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 18, 2013, 06:44:24 am »

I am having the same errors as Verdant here.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 19, 2013, 05:28:52 pm »

Are you using a workflow dfhack plugin? VerdantSF's issues were caused by that it seems. The only fix at the moment is to use a tool like (http://www.firstobject.com/dn_editor.htm) to manually edit the XML file at the line numbers given by the error message.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 20, 2013, 10:54:29 am »

Might be a good idea to detect and ignore the DFHack related stuff, it more people are gonna be using that.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44