Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 308873 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2013, 06:49:17 am »

PTW - edit: also maybe move this to the new utilities section of the modding forum? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 11, 2013, 04:49:19 am »

Dunno if it's been asked, can this one search for slabs and books with a given interaction knowledge?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

jpcosta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 23, 2013, 04:59:09 am »

I was also having the same issue like Verdant and others reported. I'm using DFHack Workflow and autobutcher plugins which I also think are causing the strange characters in the XML.

If you have a linux machine or cygwin installed you can 'clean' the non-printable characters with this command:

tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' < file-with-binary-chars > clean-file

eg:

tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' < LegendsRegion2-legends-dirty.xml > LegendsRegion2-legends.xml

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2013, 07:19:25 am »

The wiki says workflow messes up the export because "settings are stored in HEX format as legendary figures and you will get the HEX error when trying to import the XML into the viewer."  I guess Autobutcher might well do the same, though I haven't tested that.  Autobutcher does not do this, see the post below. 

Is there a way to run the cleaner script as part of a .bat file?  I've got a similar function in .bat below. 

I've got a legends processing script set up which already outputs an archive suitable for Legends Viewer if possible, and it now includes this function. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:07:48 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 23, 2013, 10:39:49 pm »

Update:  Autobutcher is fine, but workflow is not. 

And, while I was writing this, ... Bingo.  Run the following as a batch file in the same folder as your legends file, and enjoy the lack of crashing viewer. 

On further testing:  this works fine if you add the xml, text files, and an image separately.  However if you try to create an archive, Legends Viewer throws and error: region1-world_history.txt already exists.  If I try an archive without this, I get Not enough or too many World History Text Files edit: unrelated bug, I somehow had extra files in the legends viewer folder. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:06:48 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 24, 2013, 11:22:18 am »

I can take a look at it again. Last time I looked I didn't come up with a quick and easy solution and wasn't sure how common the problem would be so I just left it up to you guys to manually fix it. I'll see what I can do though.

Also, in the next couple of weeks I'm planning to start up some new development that I've been wanting to do for awhile. Mainly trying to analyze historical figure lineage, building family trees, and other historical figure graphs that I'm hoping will give a good picture of how historical figures interact with each other. I want to redo a lot of the interface too and make everything a bit slicker, but that is a much bigger task which I'm not sure I will get around to.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:13 pm »

In preparation for the next update of DF - which is going to have much more interesting sites, as non-hamlet sites will actually exist - would it be possible to use the site maps exported from legends mode in this?

Edit:  I also just worked out why I was getting the error on archive before; for some reason the LV folder was keeping a few of the earlier files instead of deleting them on load.  I deleted them, and subsequent trials were error-free.  This means that I can solve the workflow-crash at a preprocessing stage, and will in fact do so from the next version of my LNP. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:51:15 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:21 pm »

Anybody having problems with exporting the legends when a region file is named region1 but not if it's region1-copy or whatever or seemingly region2? Because the legends export file just dissapears. It also seems to erase other legends export files as well.

Although I did abandon a fort in that world, maybe that is why it's having problems?

Edit: I tried to view the copied file of the world which I had abandoned a fort in and it still gives the error despite me doing the processlegends on it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:10:08 pm by smjjames »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 11, 2013, 07:54:49 pm »

I'm not sure when it'll make it into the released version, but there's now a dfhack function that keeps fake historical figures out of the xml export - they're used to store data for plugins, but the workflow save data crashes Legends Viewer. 

This thread should probably also be moved to the Utilities and 3rd Party Applications forum board - the "move topic" option is on the bottom left. 
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2013, 05:29:00 am »

Back again...

Would it be possible to launch Legends Viewer from a command line / script, and use the legends filename as an argument?  This could tie in nicely with my batch script to process legends exports - about 40% of which is dedicated to legends viewer, especially if we get a dfhack script to export everything. 

(also - thread is probably best placed on the utilities board, and the title is four versions behind the download)

I only ask because LV is so fantastic already - so thanks for that!
 Donations here.

athenalras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:09 pm »

Hey guys!
I've recently become a sort of world gen junkie.

In the past 20+ xml files I've exported, I've never had trouble loading them in Legends Viewer. However, for this one world, when I tried loading, it took up 7+gb of RAM and more than two hours and it still didn't load.

What I want to know is if the Legends Viewer is still loading the data or if it just gave up and was taking up RAM for no reason.

Thanks guys!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 31, 2013, 10:42:28 am »

Just a quick update. The only thing I've been working on lately is trying to graph historical figures. Not happy with my current results, but here are a couple screenshots of what I managed to get working: This and this. If I continue working on this I'm going to just completely restart and do it without the aid of existing code. Still going to be a ways down the road I imagine.

I've noticed a number of stability issues myself so I want to get those fixed. If you have a specific world that isn't running just send me the files and I'll take a gander at it.

I remember adding the feature to feed legends viewer a path as a parameter to load files, unless something isn't working correctly with that.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 07, 2014, 04:37:44 pm »

I'm using PeridexisErrant's Dwarf Fortress Starter Pack r45 (the old version, indicated to use when the beta isn't working), and after following the instructions in the read me, i repeatedly get the following error message. If it's relevant, i put in the xml for the "legends xml/archive" slot, the txt for world history and site population and bmp for the map image.

Access to the path 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\DDGBFEOB\world_map-region1-1050--10081[2].bmp' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World.GenerateMaps(String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Draegur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 07, 2014, 05:19:18 pm »

Hey guys.

I'm running into trouble too:

Code: [Select]
Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: historical_event, historical_events, df_world. Line 13557271, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadEndElement()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseProperty()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseItem()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseSection()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

This isn't what that batch script was supposed to fix, was it? Because I already ran that...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:53 pm »

Looks like your world history wasn't completely exported. Try exporting again.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44